Do veterans want to talk about what Kerry did?

Discussion in 'Military' started by nt250, Aug 14, 2006.

1. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Is Kerry such a sore subject that veterans would rather just not talk about it?

I'm asking because here it is, two years later, and I'm still reading crap from liberals about how the Swifties lied. I'm not talking about this board, but I post on a couple of different boards, the others more liberal than this one, and it's RAMPANT!

Would you rather just forget it until he runs again, or what?

2. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Great question!!

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    IMO…Kerry is a traitor as far as I'm concerned. Same as Jane Fonda, we know it. Why continue to repeat the truth?

EDIT: When they raise their heads, I'll speak out.

4. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Because so few people know it's true. And to too many people it's not true. I've had liberals on message boards argue with me over the word "all" when it comes to Kerry accusing all service members of committing atrocities. They'll argue until they're blue in the face that he didn't accuse ALL of them. The treason accusation? Forget that. Even though he admitted it on the floor of the senate, there is no WAY any Democrat will even entertain that idea.

John Kerry is a known, proven liar and there is ample evidence of that fact on videotape going back 35 years and they don't care. But they'll call the Swift Boat vets liars at the drop of a hat. Because that's what they do.

If he does decide to run again, what then? If the Democrats succeed in demonizing the Swifties, which I think they've already done, what then?

You guys really have to speak up. Now. The internet is a powerful tool. Message boards may seem trite and a waste of time to some, but they reach a LOT of people.

5. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Fear not, We'll speak.

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Good because we all know how selective liberals memories are:thup:

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I think he's worse than Fonda. She can claim ignorance of the troops, he would have to admit not paying attention.

8. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    What Kerry did was much worse than what Fonda did and what she did was pretty fucking bad.

What aggravates me more than anything is that they simply will NOT READ ANYTHING from the other side. They'll call the Swift Boat Vets liars but then come right out and admit they have never read a single word they said. Typical liberal bullshit.

The media is starting to use 'Swift Boat" as a verb now. Whenever one of their candidates gets criticized, they claim they're being "Swift Boated". Ugh.

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    PM me the site address, I'll visit.

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    There is a little quirk about a good majority of vets...they let their ballots speak for them!

As for the libs talking about vets like the Swift Boaters, you might remind them that they are pretty darned hypocritical when they hold up the sanctity of Kerry's service and then belittle and denigrate all other vet's service. They also often need to be reminded that speaking out of ignorance is ...well...ignorant!

In the end though, debating with many libs is like peeing into the wind, you gain nothing except momentary relief and you need a shower afterwards.