Do USMB Republicans understand what created the Debt Crisis?

No, had I been I would have seen you. Did you ever, in your adult life, wonder what happens to the deficit situation when revenues drop like a rock as a result of fewer people working?? Just wondered.
The debt is what was causing the unemployment. Cut spending and you solve the problem, but Obama couldn't cut spending and buy votes at the same time, could he?

obama-deficit-per-gdp.jpeg

From Weekly Standard????

The Weekly Standard | A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

So Bush, with his unpaid for wars, tax cuts passed through reconciliation, big pharma bill, the cost of tens of thousands maimed in Iraq and the recession brought about from deregulation, was smaller than the three Republican presidents BEFORE him?

There can't possibly be anyone so stupid they would believe this nonsense. It just can't be.
From Weekly Standard? Yeah, and look at the source, stupid.

The debt is what was causing the unemployment. Cut spending and you solve the problem, but Obama couldn't cut spending and buy votes at the same time, could he?

From Weekly Standard????

The Weekly Standard | A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

So Bush, with his unpaid for wars, tax cuts passed through reconciliation, big pharma bill, the cost of tens of thousands maimed in Iraq and the recession brought about from deregulation, was smaller than the three Republican presidents BEFORE him?

There can't possibly be anyone so stupid they would believe this nonsense. It just can't be.
One can lie with statistics any time, me boy. Perhaps you would like me to go get some graphs from moveon. But then I would not. Because I have integrity. The weekly standard. Jesus. You have proven yourself to be a con tool in one easy step.

From Weekly Standard????

One can lie with statistics any time, me boy. Perhaps you would like me to go get some graphs from moveon. But then I would not. Because I have integrity. The weekly standard. Jesus. You have proven yourself to be a con tool in one easy step.
I said "the source", you idiot. The source is the CBO and Dept. of Treasury. Damn, you're stupid!

When you look at the Debt at 2000 and you look at it now, from the comments, one wonders if USMB Republicans and Democrats even know how it grew. Perhaps they could enlighten us on how this massive debt developed. Certainly, that could give us a clue on how to pay it down.

Not a Republican, but the smart money's on the government spending money it doesn't have. So stop spending money and the problem's solved.

When you look at the Debt at 2000 and you look at it now, from the comments, one wonders if USMB Republicans and Democrats even know how it grew. Perhaps they could enlighten us on how this massive debt developed. Certainly, that could give us a clue on how to pay it down.

Too much government spending.
We should cut that spending a lot.....right now.

Funny how Americans from a broad spectrum of fiscal perspectives agree that too much spending has been going on for the last four years. And yesterday, I read an article that says billionaires like George Soros and others are dumping their American stocks and some are telling their buds to do likewise.

Market Collapse in Process? Billionaires Continue to Dump U.S. Stocks, Traders are Betting against US Economy!

Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

The article mentions Buffet and Paulson, and one I read yesterday mentioned Soros. I'm sorry to see this loss of confidence happen to my country.

Communism is just not a profitable situation for millions of people, and the society winds up prospering only the top echelon of apparatchiks. You'd think Harvard-educated leaders would have noticed that by now, but on they go, full speed ahead spending the nation into oblivion in the name of do-goodism (but only for their supporters, and nobody else, who likely will become future targets of public angst when the free money runs out and lines form at grocery stores that have nothing since everyone is too absorbed in getting freebies rather than working for a living, that traditional bore.) *sigh*

Too much government spending.
We should cut that spending a lot.....right now.
Perhaps, me boy, you could provide an example of decreasing UE and fixing the economy by DECREASING SPENDING during times of high unemployment. You know, in stead of simple con pronouncements.

Funny how Americans from a broad spectrum of fiscal perspectives agree that too much spending has been going on for the last four years. And yesterday, I read an article that says billionaires like George Soros and others are dumping their American stocks and some are telling their buds to do likewise.

Market Collapse in Process? Billionaires Continue to Dump U.S. Stocks, Traders are Betting against US Economy!

Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

The article mentions Buffet and Paulson, and one I read yesterday mentioned Soros. I'm sorry to see this loss of confidence happen to my country.

Communism is just not a profitable situation for millions of people, and the society winds up prospering only the top echelon of apparatchiks. You'd think Harvard-educated leaders would have noticed that by now, but on they go, full speed ahead spending the nation into oblivion in the name of do-goodism (but only for their supporters, and nobody else, who likely will become future targets of public angst when the free money runs out and lines form at grocery stores that have nothing since everyone is too absorbed in getting freebies rather than working for a living, that traditional bore.) *sigh*
Now, that is interesting. Are you saying that we have a communist government? Perhaps you can back that up. Though it would be helpful to you to actually look up the definition of communism before throwing the term around.
Then you could perhaps find a time in our history, say from the onset of the great depression till today, when cutting spending during times of high unemployment has ever helped the economy, and unemployment particularly. Or when a general tax decreases ever helped in that same condition. Or when we ever saw the national debt decrease, as a percent of GNP, when the unemployment rate was high.
That would be a lot more useful than throwing around the communism bomb, since throwing that term around makes you look stupid.

Obama inherited a big deficit and a big debt. Instead of taking his foot off the gas pedal of spending, he put the pedal to the metal and tripled the rate of spending. Can't blame that on Bush, this debt belongs to Obama.
Simply a fabrication....a lie, but I presume you knew that when you posted it?

Obama inherited a big deficit and a big debt. Instead of taking his foot off the gas pedal of spending, he put the pedal to the metal and tripled the rate of spending. Can't blame that on Bush, this debt belongs to Obama.

OK, we have the Bush wars, unpaid for, the Bush tax cuts, not offset, the recession from Republican deregulation. We have the big pharma bill passed through GOP reconciliation - just like the tax cuts. We have the cost of tens of thousands maimed in Iraq.

From Obama we have a very successful stimulus package that Republicans who voted against it took credit for. Ummm, what else?

Dude you are about as sharp as a bowling ball.

From Weekly Standard????

Yo nit wit, look at the "source". Here's a hint, the source is NOT the Weekly Standard.

One of the reasons I don't feel bad about Romney losing and why I actually hope that the Democrats gain more in 2014. A financial shit storm is coming and the Democrat Party deserves to own it. Had Romney won I believe there would have been nothing he could have done to fix it, and he'd get the blame.

If I was the GOP I'd give obama and the democrats everything they want.

From Weekly Standard????

Stupid?

The chart is comparing spending to GDP after the economy lost trillions from the worst recession since the Great Depression. Not to mention the cost of unpaid for wars, tax cuts passed through reconciliation, big pharma bill, the cost of tens of thousands maimed in Iraq for the next 50 years.

Add in all that and this chart is worthless. Just the fact the chart says three other presidents spent more than Bush proves it's nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

One of the reasons I don't feel bad about Romney losing and why I actually hope that the Democrats gain more in 2014. A financial shit storm is coming and the Democrat Party deserves to own it. Had Romney won I believe there would have been nothing he could have done to fix it, and he'd get the blame.

Me too. History proves it would be the right decision.

Me too. History proves it would be the right decision.

Yes exactly!!!East/West Germany, Cuba,Fla., North/South Korea, Israel before/after 1999, Ghana/Ivory coast, Red China before and after communism, Hong Kong/Red China, Taiwan/Red China, El Salvadore before and after Funes . The list is endless. The more capitalism the better. Liberals lack the IQ to grasp what is simple for conservatives to grasp

Simply a fabrication....a lie, but I presume you knew that when you posted it?
I don't know what planet you've been living on but Obama hasn't had a deficit of under $1 trillion yet. And the $7 trillion in additional debt far exceeds anything by any past president.

From Weekly Standard????

Stupid?

The chart is comparing spending to GDP after the economy lost trillions from the worst recession since the Great Depression. Not to mention the cost of unpaid for wars, tax cuts passed through reconciliation, big pharma bill, the cost of tens of thousands maimed in Iraq for the next 50 years.

Add in all that and this chart is worthless. Just the fact the chart says three other presidents spent more than Bush proves it's nonsense.
Go back and look at it again. It says "As a percentage of the GDP". You're still stupid. :lol:

Now, that is interesting. Are you saying that we have a communist government? Perhaps you can back that up. Though it would be helpful to you to actually look up the definition of communism before throwing the term around.
Then you could perhaps find a time in our history, say from the onset of the great depression till today, when cutting spending during times of high unemployment has ever helped the economy, and unemployment particularly. Or when a general tax decreases ever helped in that same condition. Or when we ever saw the national debt decrease, as a percent of GNP, when the unemployment rate was high.
That would be a lot more useful than throwing around the communism bomb, since throwing that term around makes you look stupid.
Now, that is interesting. Are you saying that we have a communist government?

Truth? The bolsheviks proffered the Marxist idea of redistributing wealth in forming their communist government which oversaw the killings and political starvation of millions of Russians as the new leaders determined their minions, the apparatchiks, would execute.

You decide what your President tells you from his own personal view on redistributive administration of government:

[ame=http://youtu.be/D_jggb0HxTs]Obama Talks About Redistribution of the Wealth - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back