Do thoughts and feelings exist even though they can't be proven?

Do thoughts and feelings exist?

• Yes to feelings. No to thoughts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes to thoughts. No to feelings.

• No. Neither thoughts or feelings exist.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama

As a bonus question: Does God exists even though He can't be proven?

If you answer yes to the question of thoughts then please provide proof that thoughts exist.

If you answer yes to the question of feelings then please provide proof that feelings exist.

If you answer yes to the question of God then please provide proof that God exist.

If you answer no to all then you will not be required to provide any proof or evidence.

This poll closes in 6 months.

If you answer yes to the question of thoughts then please provide proof that thoughts exist.

If you answer yes to the question of feelings then please provide proof that feelings exist.

If you answer yes to the question of God then please provide proof that God exist.

If you answer no to all then you will not be required to provide any proof or evidence.

This poll closes in 6 months.

I'm sorry self. I cannot vote in this poll. I believe that thoughts, feelings and God all exist but I don't have any proof for any of them.

That makes me ineligible to vote in this poll.

Did you think all this up by yourself..............aka thought it up.........yuck yuck.

When I said Yuck Yuck did it hurt your feelings..............

Of course they exist.........................Did you sniff glue as a kid.............................

Thoughts and feeling are observed all the time. Can you prove your own existence?

Thoughts and feelings exist and are very obviously "proven" through art, language, music, writing... but also (usually in a more subtle way) through every action you have ever done and ever will do.

I am less inclined to convince any unbelievers on USMB about the existence of gods and goddesses, "demons" and "angels", etc. Some things people must seek out and discover for themselves... if it is their Will to do so.

What is meant by "exist" in your context.

Understand, you can prove, to yourself, your thoughts and feelings 'exist'. You have them. However, I am not too sure your God can be proven to you in the same manner.

Did you think all this up by yourself..............aka thought it up.........yuck yuck.

Of course they exist.........................Did you sniff glue as a kid.............................

No. It is a concept that I found in a book written by Huston Smith. I don't remember if it was The Soul of Christianity or The World's Religions.

I'll find out which one it was and I will quote him later.

My feeling is, if you hadn't thought of this inane question, it wouldn't exist.

And it shouldn't -- yet it does.

No "God" question exists in the OP. Therefore no answer can exist.

You proved that thoughts and feelings exist just by posting your thread. Your questions are thoughts and your assumptions mostly feelings. Nothing arrives in print by magic. As for God that is an entirely different question and it poses all sort of thoughts and feelings dependent on the culture, time, and person. Why not simply ask your question rather than cloak it in hidden assumptions. Stop hiding your real thoughts and feelings.

Here is the quote that I promised you. It is found in the introduction to the book titled, "The Soul of Christianity" which was written by Huston Smith.

Huston Smith in The Soul of Christianity said:
The fact that science cannot get its hands on anything except nature is no proof that nature (alternatively, matter) is all that exists. Moreover, it is self-evident that other things do exist. Science spins off from our physical senses, primarily vision; the entire scientific world is an enlargement by microscopes and telescopes of what we can see. But for all its importance, vision can't take in everything. No one has ever seen a thought. No one has ever seen a feeling. Yet our thoughts and feelings are where we primarily live our lives.

To answer your other questions:
I did not think this up myself.
It did not hurt my feelings.
I did not sniff glue as a kid.

This is not a question of whether thoughts and feelings exist. It is self-evident that feelings and thoughts exist. The question is a matter of proof. Can you prove that thoughts and feelings exist? Again the answer is self-evident. Of course you cannot. The conclusion reveals that not all things that exist can be proven.

This does not prove that God exists. These questions do strengthen the possibility of His existence.

Last edited:
What is meant by "exist" in your context.

Understand, you can prove, to yourself, your thoughts and feelings 'exist'. You have them. However, I am not too sure your God can be proven to you in the same manner.

Even in the instance of a thought of God or a feeling of God?

Stop hiding your real thoughts and feelings.

I do not have to hide them. They are invisible just like God. They are invisible just like the Flying Spaghetti Monster. They are invisible just like the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

Nobody has the necessity to hide their thoughts and feelings. They are already hidden due to their very natural state of invisibility.

No "God" question exists in the OP. Therefore no answer can exist.

Maybe we can create a question and then it will surely exist.

Under that condition it would. But in the present it does not exist, therefore it's impossible for the reader to "answer yes to the question of God" --- or to answer no. You can't answer a question that hasn't been asked.

If one answered it anyway, that answer would exist --- but not as an answer. An answer cannot exist without a question. Just as a male god cannot exist without a female god.

Under that condition it would. But in the present it does not exist, therefore it's impossible for the reader to "answer yes to the question of God" --- or to answer no.

It was the second sentence in the first post in this thread. It was a bonus question. A bonus question is a real question with enhanced features of offering extra points. Should I'll add three points if someone can answer the question in regards to God's existence.

What the heck? Let's make it 4 extra points. I'm feeling generous today.

Can it exist in the OP as a bonus question?

Not really. It refers to "if you answered yes to" a question that wasn't asked in the first place, therefore there can be no answers; the set of respondents who answer either way -- does not exist. Nor is the question extant in the poll.

Fairly simple case of nonpresence. ;)

Can it exist in the OP as a bonus question?

Not really. It refers to "if you answered yes to" a question that wasn't asked in the first place, therefore there can be no answers; the set of respondents who answer either way -- does not exist. Nor is the question extant in the poll.

Fairly simple case of nonpresence. ;)

Does God exist?

Forum List

Back