Do This When You See Someone Wearing A Ballcap or Sports Jersey.

Give them a little quiz.

Everyday I see people all over wearing their favorite teams jersey or cap. Those same people are usually engaged in very animated conversations about "their" teams.

I was in line at my favorite arts and crafts store today getting some glue for one of my projects and this guy wearing a Washington Redskins jacket was ahead of me discussing with another guy how much better the Redskins should be next year. He was talking about them like he was a part owner or something. "We'll be so much more improved next year", and "We should get some good players in the next draft". Stuff like that.

I asked the guy; "You a Redskins fan huh?" and he looked at me all wild eyed and said "Yeah! Why?". I said oh I don't know much about football, sounds fun though!

I asked him all about the team, what division they're in, what other teams they play, how many games in a season, when the Super Bowl is, who is playing and if he'd been to any games. He knew all that and more! He was very happy to demonstrate his extensive knowledge of the NFL and the Washington Redskins!

When he was done I said, "Can I ask you a personal question?" He was a little taken aback by that but said "Yeah what?"

Do you know what the 4th Amendment to the Constitution is?

He got that "deer in the headlights" look and confessed rather sheepishly: "Uh, no. I don't know". I said "But you know all about the Washington Redskins right?"

The conversation was over! :lol:

I didn't stop though. "If the NFL were to go out of business tomorrow, how would your life be different?" He thought about it for a second and said "Not much, not at all really".

I then asked, "If the Constitution were taken away tomorrow, how would your life be different?" He said "Oh man, my life would be completely different. My life would be over!"

So I said asked "Which is more important?"

Think about this when you're watching, along with a billion other people
the all important "Super Bowl" next Sunday. The "World Championship" of American Football with all those 3 or 4 million dollar per 30 second commercials.

Think about this when "your team" does something stupid or shocking to lose such an "important" game as the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl=American Capitalism

I have read the Constitution quite a few times, and I will be watching the Super Bowl...

I know what your thinking; "You wouldn't get away with that in my hood!" Actually, the only people who have been combative with me have been women! :eek:

(It helps that I'm 6 foot and in shape too!)

Women think I'm being sexist. Many women, if I ask a question about the team just snap back at me "I don't know!". But they love them pink jerseys don't they? :lol:

my husband and son are both duke fans.....i have a duke coat...i got it on sale.....

you couldnt give me a carolina coat.....no way....no how....if carolina played the taliban...we would pull for the taliban

Tarheel_Steal_You_Face_by_cpricecpa.jpg

Last edited:
^----This post is definitely from a guy who still has friction burn from the wedgies he received in high school.
Cuts a little too close to home huh? You had to look up the 4th Amendment as well? Figures, I'll bet you know exactly what the Boston Celtics win/loss record is though.
Remember Art, if N.E. loses next Sunday you will be Less of a Man! :lol:

Not, it doesn't cut too close at all. I assure you that your OP (which is certainly a made up story) says a whole lot more about you and your own insecurities than it does the sports fans you imagine yourself making fools of. Personally, I'm an educated, well informed American, and I spend several hours a week talking about a wide range of topics on a primarily political messageboard. If you think I don't know what the 4th Amendment is, or what's happening in the world because I happen to know a lot about sports you're just flat out delusional. If you were to stop me in the street and tried to be a douchebag like that I would have had your answer, and I would have made you look every bit the asshat you are. I might have even given you a wedgie after I was done for old times sake.

Last edited:
Give them a little quiz.

Everyday I see people all over wearing their favorite teams jersey or cap. Those same people are usually engaged in very animated conversations about "their" teams.

I was in line at my favorite arts and crafts store today getting some glue for one of my projects and this guy wearing a Washington Redskins jacket was ahead of me discussing with another guy how much better the Redskins should be next year. He was talking about them like he was a part owner or something. "We'll be so much more improved next year", and "We should get some good players in the next draft". Stuff like that.

I asked the guy; "You a Redskins fan huh?" and he looked at me all wild eyed and said "Yeah! Why?". I said oh I don't know much about football, sounds fun though!

I asked him all about the team, what division they're in, what other teams they play, how many games in a season, when the Super Bowl is, who is playing and if he'd been to any games. He knew all that and more! He was very happy to demonstrate his extensive knowledge of the NFL and the Washington Redskins!

When he was done I said, "Can I ask you a personal question?" He was a little taken aback by that but said "Yeah what?"

Do you know what the 4th Amendment to the Constitution is?

He got that "deer in the headlights" look and confessed rather sheepishly: "Uh, no. I don't know". I said "But you know all about the Washington Redskins right?"

The conversation was over! :lol:

I didn't stop though. "If the NFL were to go out of business tomorrow, how would your life be different?" He thought about it for a second and said "Not much, not at all really".

I then asked, "If the Constitution were taken away tomorrow, how would your life be different?" He said "Oh man, my life would be completely different. My life would be over!"

So I said asked "Which is more important?"

Think about this when you're watching, along with a billion other people
the all important "Super Bowl" next Sunday. The "World Championship" of American Football with all those 3 or 4 million dollar per 30 second commercials.

Think about this when "your team" does something stupid or shocking to lose such an "important" game as the Super Bowl.

All this coming from a guy who has a favorite arts and crafts store

When I see a middle aged guy all dressed up in pro team paraphernalia I assume he's an idiot and don't waste my valuable time talking to him.

And of course now we hear from Ms. Anti-TV...

...does watching the scary men play professional sports still give you the vapors, miss?

I was in my favorite arts and crafts store and I came across someone looking at dried flower arrangements and scrap booking supplies. So I asked her what she thought of the Plessey vs Fergusson case and what, if any impact it had on Citizens United

She looked at me and said "I have no idea what you are talking about". So I told her she was stupid and should spend more time studying legal precedents in the United States and less time pasting shit into a scrapbook

She thanked me and told me she would try to become a better American

I was in my favorite arts and crafts store and I came across someone looking at dried flower arrangements and scrap booking supplies. So I asked her what she thought of the Plessey vs Fergusson case and what, if any impact it had on Citizens United

She looked at me and said "I have no idea what you are talking about". So I told her she was stupid and should spend more time studying legal precedents in the United States and less time pasting shit into a scrapbook

She thanked me and told me she would try to become a better American

Got Milk?

I TOTALLY understand sports betting handicappers who are sports obsessed.

In their case their intense study of sports makes perfect sense.

Otherwise?

Well everybody needs a hobby, I guess.

Having skills beyond yelling at the TV during a football game is beyond your comprehension? You had to look up the 4th Amendment too didn't ya'?
You know the saying: "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things".
Personally, I'm an educated, well informed American, and I spend several hours a week talking about a wide range of topics on a primarily political messageboard.
Right. Baseball, Basketball AND Football with some Soccer and Rugby thrown in!

Remember, when N.E. loses next week you'll be even less of a man. :lol:

Having skills beyond yelling at the TV during a football game is beyond your comprehension? You had to look up the 4th Amendment too didn't ya'?
You know the saying: "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things".
Personally, I'm an educated, well informed American, and I spend several hours a week talking about a wide range of topics on a primarily political messageboard.
Right. Baseball, Basketball AND Football with some Soccer and Rugby thrown in!

Remember, when N.E. loses next week you'll be even less of a man. :lol:

Football is entertainment in much the same way watching TV is entertainment or playing with your manly arts and crafts are entertainment

People will either become politically involved or they won't. Your fabricated story will not change anything

Football is entertainment in much the same way watching TV is entertainment or playing with your manly arts and crafts are entertainment

People will either become politically involved or they won't. Your fabricated story will not change anything
You mad cause you aint got the balls to do it right? :lol:

I did the same thing with this guy at work who was wearing a Baltimore Ravens cap (bill forward, denotes some intelligence) As soon as I asked him what the 4th Amendment was he immediately got my point and now does the same with other people.

Again, the only people who get "pissy" when I ask is the women. They think I'm assuming they don't know ANYTHING about football just because they're a woman. I'm not trying to be sexist at all.

I've done this now with a Steelers fan, Ravens Fan, 49ers fan, Redskins fan and others I can't remember right now.

If you're polite with them and act like you don't anything about sports they don't get mad (except the women) :lol:

You mad cause you aint got the balls to do it right? :lol:

I did the same thing with this guy at work who was wearing a Baltimore Ravens cap (bill forward, denotes some intelligence) As soon as I asked him what the 4th Amendment was he immediately got my point and now does the same with other people.

Again, the only people who get "pissy" when I ask is the women. They think I'm assuming they don't know ANYTHING about football just because they're a woman. I'm not trying to be sexist at all.

I've done this now with a Steelers fan, Ravens Fan, 49ers fan, Redskins fan and others I can't remember right now.

If you're polite with them and act like you don't anything about sports they don't get mad (except the women) :lol:

Sorry...nice little fable

But I ain't buying it.

So you took up 'arts and crafts'? That's what they do in kindergarten.

But I ain't buying it.
Notice that the ones that can actually play sports don't wear sports paraphernalia all the time? It's just the non-sporting types that do?

Think about that.

Frankly, who cares what they wear or what they enjoy? It is a free country and you can engage in any free time activity you wish

Personally, I would rather talk to someone at a party about sports than their arts and craft hobby or the nuances of the 4th amendment

Last edited:

But I ain't buying it.
Notice that the ones that can actually play sports don't wear sports paraphernalia all the time? It's just the non-sporting types that do?

Think about that.

The actual professional players seem to wear the team colors pretty regularly (like for their job!). It sure seems like they "can actually play sports."

Think about that.

Forum List

Back