Superbowl predictions

Who do I want to win? Let's see, which one is "my team"? Oh, neither one! I'll be rooting for both of them to lose!

:lol:

Giants 23 New England 21.

And I predict the roof will remain closed for the duration.

Giants will kick a game winning FG with 13 seconds on the clock.

I think it will end up being Giants 41, Patriots 21. The Patriots have no answer for the Giants ground game. The only way the Patriots can win is if they are leading by a substantial margin early in the game and forces the Giants to become one dimensional. If the Giants can run the ball with their 2 big backs; forget about it. It's going to be a long, long....LONG day for the Patriots.

If the Patriots score more than 17 points, they will win.

If they score 17 or less, they will lose.

Here is the box score from Their last Meeting:
Source: NFL.com New York Giants New England Patriots
First downs 17 22
Third down efficiency 8/16 7/14
Fourth down efficiency 1-1 0-2
Total yards 338 274
Passing yards 247 229
Passing – completions/attempts 19/34 29/48
Rushing yards 91 45
Rushing attempts 26 16
Yards per rush 3.5 2.8

Penalties-yards 4-36 5-35
Sacks against-yards 3-8 5-37
Fumbles-lost 2-0 1-1
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Time of possession 30:27 29:33

If those red numbers are higher on Sunday than they were 4 years ago; the Giants will be victorious. There is no reason to think they won't be unless New England can put up some crooked numbers on the score board early in the game.

First downs 17 22
Total yards 338 274
Passing yards 247 229
Rushing yards 91 45
Rushing attempts 26 16
Yards per rush 3.5 2.8

Fumbles-lost 2-0 1-1
Interceptions thrown 1 0
If those red numbers are higher on Sunday than they were 4 years ago; the Giants will be victorious. There is no reason to think they won't be unless New England can put up some crooked numbers on the score board early in the game.

I beg to differ.

Looking at the regular season alone, the Pats gave up less rushing yards per game than the Giants (117 vs 121) and they were ranked 17th and 19th respectively.

Passing defense showed that both teams were miserable ranked 30th and 31st.

The Giants had more sacks and the Pats gave up more sacks, so that may be where the difference would lie.

Superbowl predictions

Barring localized disaster, the fall of the United States or global Armageddon I predict, with 100% certainty there will be a Superbowl this year, next year and for many years to follow.

First downs 17 22
Total yards 338 274
Passing yards 247 229
Rushing yards 91 45
Rushing attempts 26 16
Yards per rush 3.5 2.8

Fumbles-lost 2-0 1-1
Interceptions thrown 1 0

I beg to differ.

Looking at the regular season alone, the Pats gave up less rushing yards per game than the Giants (117 vs 121) and they were ranked 17th and 19th respectively.

Passing defense showed that both teams were miserable ranked 30th and 31st.

The Giants had more sacks and the Pats gave up more sacks, so that may be where the difference would lie.

We'll see.

I think it will be one of those Super Bowls where Obama wants to call to congratulate the Giants on their win but has to wait because he doesn't want to interrupt the 2nd quarter.

They can't score if they aren't on the field so if the Giants can control theball, they will destroy the Patriots. Which is why the Patriots have to score early, score often, and force the Giants to up their tempo.

Your statistics? Well, the Pats got to play the Bills twice, the Dolphins twice, the Jets twice...quick...name any of the starting running backs on those teams. True for the NFC East as well by the way. I don't see where you can give the Pats any advantage in the category though.

I think it will end up being Giants 41, Patriots 21. The Patriots have no answer for the Giants ground game. The only way the Patriots can win is if they are leading by a substantial margin early in the game and forces the Giants to become one dimensional. If the Giants can run the ball with their 2 big backs; forget about it. It's going to be a long, long....LONG day for the Patriots.

The Giants running game is best up the middle which also happens to be the teeth of the Patriots defense. Running at Wilfork seems a lil' nutty, IMO. The Giants will run but not much. Coughlin is going to throw the ball, and throw it a lot.

On the other hand, expect a lot more draw plays to Woodhead than usual to neutralize the Giants pass rush and set up the play action.

If NE can run the ball effectively they got a chance Sunday.

Forum List

Back