Do they make Double action cowboy guns.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Just curious...it seems like all the Cowboy guns used in Cowboy action competitions are single action only......it would be interesting to have a double action Cowboy style gun....

Just curious...it seems like all the Cowboy guns used in Cowboy action competitions are single action only......it would be interesting to have a double action Cowboy style gun....

There were double action revolvers around the old west. I think S&W was making a duty revolver in the 1880's. Whether they will let you compete is up to the contest. Some cowboy action competitions have an "Open" category for anything from 1920 or 1910 back to just after the Civil War. That category even allows old style M1911s.

There were double action revolvers around the old west. I think S&W was making a duty revolver in the 1880's. Whether they will let you compete is up to the contest. Some cowboy action competitions have an "Open" category for anything from 1920 or 1910 back to just after the Civil War. That category even allows old style M1911s.

Thanks for the info.......

I am not looking to compete...just thought it would be an interesting gun for home defense.........

Thanks for the info.......

I am not looking to compete...just thought it would be an interesting gun for home defense.........

Those old S&W revolvers are good choices. My g/f has one. Newer model, but still.

Forum List

Back