Do The Righties

I guess you have a point- Brown would be better than Kerry, it's just hard to get excited about Brown.

It's not just that.

Conservative Republicans have a hard time winning in liberal states. If a moderate Republican can win in a liberal state, there are more Republicans in the Senate. It's better to have 55 Republican Senators that includes 20 moderate Republicans than 35 hard-core conservative Republican Senators and 0 moderate Republicans.

want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

so much for the fauxrage about Susan Rice.
You are assuming he would run again of course.

My question is why would he run in a special election only to have to run again in the next scheduled senate race?

Especially in Assachusetts where a toy stealing puppy killer would get elected as long as there is a D next to his name.

i am assuming he would run again. i think the person who opined about the hypothetical i rased would expect him to want to run again.

he'd run in the election b/c he'd win next time. his campaign against elizabeth warren was terrible... he lost all the things about him that made him someone to vote for. he came off as rude, patronizing and nasty...

but his strong points are that he's likeable and moderate and a guy you want to sit down and hang with. had he stuck with those things, he'd have probably beaten warren.

so yeah, i don't think his political aspirations are done. maybe dreamy's right that he wants patrick's seat. i don't think he'd win that race though... although i guess it depends on who'd run against him... it always does.

and just to point out the obvious (although i know calling it 'assachusetts' was one of the reasons you posted), massachusetts elected scott brown the first time he ran... and massachusetts has had republican governors (the name mitt romney ring a bell?))

I don't think his campaign was terrible at all. I do think that after the decade long Senate seat that Dems called "Kennedy's seat" was lost because Coakley was a terrible candidate, the Obama machine and their money made sure they backed Warren heavily. Money often buys candidates their wins. The Warren lawn signs also had Obama/Biden on them. Her name was not there alone. Warren is definitely the rich elitist with no plans to compromise. Watch her voting record.

I received an email today from Scott Brown giving us his new email address, the non-campaign one, thanking us and wishing us well for the holidays. I see no indication he will be seeking office in the near future but I have been wrong reading tea leaves before so who can say. I will be connecting with some of the other supporters over the holidays so maybe I will learn more.

:D See, civil sarcasm can work.

:rolleyes: Let me know when you plan on starting with the civility...

>>

Do you stutter? Or couldn't you make your point in one reply? It's still the same link. Try again, Val. Jillian is so much better at this than you. You're just a lapdog, nodding and bobbing your head in agreement with anything said against Republicans/Conservatives.

You go first! :D I too could do a "Greatest Hits List" but I really don't want to be bothered.

Go for it. :rolleyes:

want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

so much for the fauxrage about Susan Rice.

I heard it too cupcake, on your favorite news source MSNBC! :lol::lol::lol:

what are you doing spending so much time watching MSNBC? :eusa_whistle:

i never think of MSNBC as a 'news' station, hon... i don't mix up political discussion/opinion with "news"... unlike fauxnews viewers.

in fact, i hadn't even heard this... our secretary asked me if i had heard it. it sounded about at the fauxrager's level...

hence my asking the question.

do you have an actual response to the inquiry?

:lol: Maybe Willow needs to stop watching all that CRAP TV and get some sleep...

I've never watched that show... The only time I've seen RM speak is on YouTube clips.

yes, but the point is Jillian does and that link is exactly where she "heard that from somewhere." :D Maddow goes on and on and on and on Ta da!

Rachel Maddow Show

and she's way smarter than most. or do we want to say the rhodes scholar and stanford grad isn't smart? but i don't ALWAYS watch her. And I didn't see the discussion you did... which is kind of funny. I did, however, think it was an interesting discussion when I heard about it.

you disagree with her. unsurprising. but she's very, very smart. i also watch joe scarborough...my rightwing crush. :D

he's smart, too... and a bruce fan... although he's mostly wrong. :razz:

Pity the way these threads get turned into semantic pissing matches about all things beside the point, but speaking of RM, she looked pretty damn brilliant right here...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVwXA7sHUlE]Rachel Maddow on Obama's Re-election - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
You don't care if RINO Brown becomes a Senator, you hate Kerry, and you can't see the connection between the two.

:thup;

Outstanding.

Who said I can't see the connection?

Brown isn't the RINO... the radical right are. Republicans used to be the smart business guys in the room.

That was a myth too LOL. See FIRST Pub World Depression, Grant and Harding and Reagan Busts, even 50's recessions. They ALWAYS suq. tyvm:eusa_angel:

I've never watched that show... The only time I've seen RM speak is on YouTube clips.

yes, but the point is Jillian does and that link is exactly where she "heard that from somewhere." :D Maddow goes on and on and on and on Ta da!

Rachel Maddow Show

See if you criticise her then you're anti-gay. The fact that she sucks and no watches her doesn't matter.

The fact that no one even mentioned she was gay or that no one criticized anyone for being anti-gay is what really "doesn't matter" to you.

As far as no one watching, looks like you're wrong on that too...

Rachel Maddow Beats Sean Hannity's Weekly Demo Ratings for First Time Since 2009 - Hollywood Reporter

Rachel Maddow Pulls Ahead of Bill O'Reilly as MSNBC Wins Demo in Primetime - Hollywood Reporter

Wednesday Ratings: Rachel Maddow Wins The Night, Beats O’Reilly, Hannity In Demo | Mediaite

I never watch her or any of the many talking heads on TV anymore. I had my fill of their "opinions" during the Bush years.

How smart is she? Don't know but of course I do love to educate myself. :eusa_angel:

Rachel Maddow at MSNBC makes an idiot of herself again

Now that said she was a Rhode Scholar and has a PHd so she is obviously intelligent. However she says: 'I'm not a TV anchor babe. I'm a big lesbian who looks like a man' :badgrin:

Here is Cal Thomas being a stand up guy. Never will we see a lefty do the same. Think how Coulter, Ingraham etc are treated.

Rachel Maddow and My Lesson in Civility - Cal Thomas - Page 1

I never watch her or any of the many talking heads on TV anymore. I had my fill of their "opinions" during the Bush years.

How smart is she? Don't know but of course I do love to educate myself. :eusa_angel:

Now that said she was a Rhode Scholar and has a PHd so she is obviously intelligent. However she says: 'I'm not a TV anchor babe. I'm a big lesbian who looks like a man' :badgrin:

Here is Cal Thomas being a stand up guy. Never will we see a lefty do the same. Think how Coulter, Ingraham etc are treated.

See, that is just the kind of semantic crap that will rot your brain and make you lose focus on real issues because politics has become this big game where you just want to one-up the other guy instead of prioritizing doing the right thing...

I never saw RM or SB speak on that topic but I can read your links and see what other people say about what they saw or heard or read, and what someone else wrote or opined on that etc, and eventually one might get sucked into the partisan spin one way or the other if not sharp enough to see the difference between fact and opinion, the insinuations get repeated as facts, etc. That's why I don't bother with those shows and I always prefer to focus on principles rather than politicians or talking heads.

I had also heard what Jill heard from her secretary but I don't watch RM, so maybe there are other people considering the topic, but the hacks here pounce on Jill's question like it's some big gotcha moment that RM brought it up on her show? As hard as I try, I seriously just don't get the way these people think...

Last edited:

See, that is just the kind of semantic crap that will rot your brain and make you lose focus on real issues because politics has become this big game where you just want to one-up the other guy instead of prioritizing doing the right thing...

I never saw RN or SB speak on that topic but I can read your links and see what other people say about what they saw or heard or read, and what someone else wrote or opined on that etc, and eventually one might get sucked into the partisan spin one way or the other if not sharp enough to see the difference between fact and opinion, the insinuations get repeated as facts, etc. That's why I don't bother with those shows and I always prefer to focus on principles rather than politicians or talking heads.

I had also heard what Jill heard from her secretary but I don't watch RM, so maybe there are other people considering the topic, but the hacks here pounce on Jill's question like it's some big gotcha moment that RM brought it up on her show? As hard as I try, I seriously just don't get the way these people think...

I basically look at the facts. Did she or did she not do what I posted? I don't watch the shows but I do seek the truth and seeing her own words in print or her speaking on video is truth enough for me. If anything I posted was false let me know. I try to check and recheck most things before I post. I am not into team spin Valerie. Don't even want to be on a team. I have no dog in the race in the 24 news channel discussions here or the comparing of their various talking heads. They all bore me. I think most of them are pompous full of themselves blowhards but hey I am glad we can have a open discussions and disagreements on TV and online. Beats living in North Korea. I have proabbly heard her talk mostly on YT snippets and not much else. I do however read lots from both sides knowing the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

soda head? town hall?

so some idiots who don't have half of her IQ says she "made a fool of herself" and that passes for commentary?

but it's the crack at her sexuality and appearance which speaks volumes.

lol..

Last edited:

soda head? town hall?

so some idiots who don't have half of her IQ says she "made a fool of herself" and that passes for commentary?

lol..

Are you disputing that she stated what I posted?

Woah! She made the joke about her own sexuality. These are her own words!

I'm a big lesbian who looks like a man. I am not, like, Anchor Babe, and I'm never gonna be." – Rachel Maddow as quoted in GQ magazine, November 2008

I found it refreshing that she has a sense of humor and jokes about herself.

Jillian, don't tell me every interaction with you here I am going to have to hold your hand and spell out exactly what I post? You are educated and bright, correct? I am not being condescending but jeesus do try to keep up. I have little patience with remedial posting. :tongue:

soda head? town hall?

lol..

I'm a big lesbian who looks like a man. I am not, like, Anchor Babe, and I'm never gonna be." – Rachel Maddow as quoted in GQ magazine, November 2008

Jillian, don't tell me every interaction with you here I am going to have to hold your hand and spell out exactly what I post? You are educated and bright, correct? I am not being condescending but jeesus do try to keep up. I have little patience with remedial posting. :tongue:

i'm just wondering why you thought that was an appropriate discussion point for this thread?

i don't need anyone holding my hand...but how about you bring your posts beyond the rightwingnut blogosphere...

i know you can do it. :thup:

soda head? town hall?

lol..

She accurately identified three senators pushing for John Kerry that helped get Scott Brown his seat.

Ayotte, Collins and McCain.

And these are the same folks damning Rice.

soda head? town hall?

lol..

i'm just wondering why you thought that was an appropriate discussion point for this thread?

i don't need anyone holding my hand...but how about you bring your posts beyond the rightwingnut blogosphere...

i know you can do it. :thup:

Either what I posted was factual or it was not and if you can't address the facts and shoot them down and prove them untrue don't waste my time. I have no use for hacks on the left or the right Jillian. You are fast showing yourself to be just another one.

Do you think places that are "Maddow friendly" will report anything she said that shows she is not this intellectual wonder kid some of you apparently think she is? The woman screws up. Is she a total loser? Of course not. But I am not here to defend her without question as apparently you are. I have also gone after Rush Limbaugh so don't assume you know my politics. You don't.

Forum List

Back