Do not make idols, or.....

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Leviticus 26:1 "'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

Many passages of what God said ^.

So...my question is....why are churches filled with golden statues of Mary made of REAL gold? Or furbished with golden objects? Why do people worship a man in a robe riding in a glass covered car and bow before him or want to kiss his ring and flock to worship him? Or stand in a courtyard to wait for gray or white smoke to know who will be the new one to worship? Or revere a piece of wood that supposedly held the body of Christ? Or wear a cross around their neck? Or God's house being adorned with images or sculptures or statues or stained glass windows and people go worship there to these things as some man or woman stands on a podium?

Are not all these things the exact opposite of what God demands?

That's the Catholic Church. Nearly everything they do, the God of the Bible COMMANDS the very opposite. They choose their traditions over the clear commands of God.

He was talking to 'his' people, Gracie. This direction does not apply to us Gentiles. No more than his frothing 'Stone the disobedient son!' (Deut 21:18, I think), or all the other shit in that chapter. These were the rantings of deranged old men, not divine commands from God.

We are not living in the days of Leviticus. And the views of evangelicals and fundamentalists and Pentecostals apply to no one except themselves.

The Mary statue by the altar is deemed A Forbidden Asherah.
As is the Persian twisted Pillars in the Vatican.
-1 Kings 18:19-21, 2 Kings 18:1-37,
2 Kings 23:1-37.

The Temple Scroll:
(IIQT=IIQ19,20, 4Q365a)
Column II (The Covenant)
You must not bring any abominable idol into your house and come under the ban together with it.
You shall detest and abominate it for it is under the ban.
The rest talks about taking care not to make a covenant with the people who whore after their idol gods and sacrifice to it inviting them to do the same.

Metal idols
Leviticus 19:4
"`Do not turn to idols or make gods of cast metal for yourselves. I am the LORD your God.
1 Kings 14:9
Isaiah 48:5
Isaiah 44:10
Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?

The prophets (including Elijah, Elisha, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel) were spokesmen for God to the people and to their leaders: they often disagreed with the men in power and had no fear of expressing their messages from God -- generally directing against the idolatry and "false gods." Jeremiah warned the people not to use idols such as totem-pole-like "gods"
Idols: it has Imigrated into Men’s minds from the dogma’s of the churches philosophies, also from the wrong path of the Hierarchy that imposes the control. It is in the way they bow to the cross, burn candles, kiss medalions and worship a Prophet as God Himself in place of God. One of the things that G0D forbids is idols, worship using images gods or even of G0D himself (Exodus 20:4 and Leviticus 26:1). Man, as it is written, was created as an image of G0D (Genesis 1:27). And, so, worshipping a man as G0D is idolatry.
After all, G0D himself says that "G0D is not a man" (in Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9).

In Isaiah44;9 It states they that make a graven image are all of them vanity and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses;(christians) they see not; nor know; that they may be ashamed. Still confused well here is some more, warnings of creating the image of a man Jesus in the same way you admit saints and Popes are made idols.
Isaiah44;13 The carpenter(Who is that was Jesus not considered a carpenter) strecheth out his rule(over the world)he marketh it out with a line;he fitteth it with planes and he marketh it out with a compass, and maketh it after the fiqure of a man(JESUS);according to the beauty of a man;that it mat remain in the house(Maybe over your bed?) One more passage Isaiah44;17 And the residue thereof he maketh a god(JESUS)Even his graven image(AGAIN JESUS);He falleth down unto it and worshippeth it. and prayeth unto it and saith Deliver me; for this art my GOD(JESUS)

Leviticus 26:1 "'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

So...my question is....why are churches filled with golden statues of Mary made of REAL gold? Or furbished with golden objects? Why do people worship a man in a robe riding in a glass covered car and bow before him or want to kiss his ring and flock to worship him? Or stand in a courtyard to wait for gray or white smoke to know who will be the new one to worship? Or revere a piece of wood that supposedly held the body of Christ? Or wear a cross around their neck? Or God's house being adorned with images or sculptures or statues or stained glass windows and people go worship there to these things as some man or woman stands on a podium?

You are correct they are against the teachings. Just like we are not suppose to celebrate the birth of Jesus but the death.

HaShev, you have no authority from God or over others.

Your reply is ad hominem, it does not excuse the idolatry or refute the content of my post.
Your religious methods of demonization is a mirror of your political methods and tactics of demonizing opponents. Because whether politically or religiously your argument or ideas are never of context or content nor offer value, so you need this smokescreen attack the messenger process to avoid reality and truth. That you chose poorly.
tmp_21591-chosenpoorly-909089474.jpg

Last edited:

You are correct they are against the teachings. Just like we are not suppose to celebrate the birth of Jesus but the death.

Note they celebrate the birth of
Baal on Dec 25th, more proof that father and son are one because Baal is what's behind the mask of Jesus image created by Rome to deceive the world as they said would happen.

How do I attack you personally? Yet your words demonize who ask for your authority from God. You must have none, as you do your best to obfuscate truth and reality.

Baal on Dec 25th, more proof that father and son are one because Baal is what's behind the mask of Jesus image created by Rome to deceive the world as they said would happen.
The Great Whore borrowed that from Babylon. The Daughters of the Whore (Protestants) borrowed the tradition from their Mother

How do I attack you personally? Yet your words demonize who ask for your authority from God. You must have none, as you do your best to obfuscate truth and reality.

Once again not one backed example.
Like I will post now to back my words which will now prove you a liar who needs these tactics, because he has nothing of value to offer in conversation.
Truth needs no lies and folly(darkness) only a great lie does.

4/18/16 2:48 PM
JakeStarkey quoted:
HaShev is a boob and his followers are boobies.

6/28/16 4:55pm Post by: JakeStarkey:
Ha Shev is criminally insane and SYTFE is simply goofy

Back to on topic discussion that the forum trolls wish to distract from.
They are liars--Jeremiah 50:36.
Are mad (lost their reason)
upon their idols--Jeremiah 50:38.
Believes they are gods--Isaiah 47:8, 10
Breaks bones of God's people--Jeremiah 50:17
Builds great image of man
for all to worship--Daniel 3:1-7.
Make Metal idols Leviticus 19:4,
1 Kings 14:9, Isaiah 48:5
Makes a graven image that they be their own witness to: Isiah44;9
Carpenter creates a wood idol: Isaiah44;13
And the residue thereof he maketh a god-Even his graven image that ;He falleth down unto it and worshippeth it. and prayeth unto it and saith Deliver me; for this art my GOD- Isiah44;17
Casts out God's people--Jeremiah 51:34
Causes God's people to be slain--Jeremiah 51:49
Completely removes all precious vessels --2 Kings 25:13-17
Connected with hell--Isaiah 14:9
Pierced dragon-Isaiah
Pierced morning star Isaiah 14:12-19
Crushes God's people-Jeremiah 51:34 Cuts down people as trees-Isaiah 14:8
Defiles sacred vessels and precious things of God's design--Daniel 5:2-4.Destroys all the earth--Jeremiah 51:25. Destroys God's heritage--Jeremiah 50:11.Devours God's people--Jeremiah 51:34.
Does evil among God's people--Jeremiah 51:24.Does not consider her possible destruction (does not lay these things to heart)--Isaiah 47:7. Does not glorify God--Daniel 5:23. Does not remember warnings given about her destruction--Isaiah 47:7.
Dwells upon many waters--Jeremiah 51:13.Employs reapers to harvest fields (sown with seeds of falsehood)--Jeremiah 50:16.Employs sowers (to spread seeds of falsehood)--Jeremiah 50:16.Fears not the Lord--2 Kings 17:25.
Full of falsehoods--Jeremiah 51:17.Full of pomp--Isaiah 14:11.Full of unclean birds--Jeremiah 50:39.Full of wild beasts--Jeremiah 50:39.Full of vanity--Jeremiah 51:18.Gentiles have not yet seen the face of G0d- Isaiah 66:19
Her men are brutish in their own knowledge--Jeremiah 51:17. Her mighty men are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57. Her princes are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.Her rulers are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.Her waves (ministers--those raised up above the level of the sea or people) do roar--Jeremiah 51:55.Her wise men are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.Highest leader becomes angry when his will is disregarded for God's will--Daniel 3:19..Highest leader makes hasty decisions--Daniel 2:15..Holds God's people captive--Jeremiah 50:33.
Her cry (glory) is found in ships(Romes army was called ships)-Isaiah 43:14.
Oppresses--Isaiah 14:4; Jeremiah 50:16, 33.Persecutes by fire all who do not bow and worship image of man--Daniel 3:6.Places relatives in high positions of leadership (nepotism)--2 Kings 24:17.Practices abundant enchantments--Isaiah 47:8, 12.Practices divination--Ezekiel 21:21.Practices sorcery--Isaiah 47:9, 12.
Practice divination, soothsayer, augur sorcerer, 11 charmer, medium, wizard, necromancer- Deut 18:10
Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree" also read Deuteronomy 21:22
they that be cursed of Him shall be cut off-(Psalm 37:22)
Gave praise and glory to another G0d and created an idol for this other -"Isaiah 42:8 we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)
They profane the name of G0d- Deut. 12:3
Given to pleasure--Isaiah 47:8.
lo ish el vichazev u-vein-adam v'yitnecham
Meaning: God is not a man, nor will he lie, nor is he mortal, nor will he relent.(Jesus was a mere man who lied and who relented).- Numbers 23:19A day in store for all the proud and lofty, for all that is exalted (and they will be humbled)," (Isaiah 2:12).
They will be shameless and arrogant, (Midrash Rabbah on Song of Songs 2:29 )
truthfulness will all but disappear. (Mishnah Sota 9:15)
Nations assemble,and peoples plot vain things;kings of the earth take their stand,and regents intrigue togetheragainst the LORD and against His anointed- Psalms 2
your own sword hath devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion.” Jeremiah 2:30
Ruining spiritual & intellectual nourishment by mucking it up to cover up from others consumption- Ezekiel 34:18
GOD ABHORS (hates for the simple) DECEITFUL men-(Psalm 5:6)
boast, of mischief done against the godly? All the day 2 you are plotting destruction. Your tongue is like a sharp razor, you worker of treachery. 3 You love evil more than good, and lying more than speaking the truth. -Psalm 52:1 -3
These false prophets who do not speak for G-d. -Ezekiel CH 13, Deut 18:20-22, Isa. 30:10, Jer. 5:30-31, 14:14, 23:16, 26, 31-32
vanity unto thee, whiles “they divine a lie unto thee”, to bring thee upon the necks of [them that are] slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity [shall have] an end.-Ezekiel 21:29

The Great Whore borrowed that from Babylon. The Daughters of the Whore (Protestants) borrowed the tradition from their Mother

Why they deemed the church the harlot church and whore of Babylon?
Probably rightfully labeled for whoring it's wares to many kingdoms.
They whored after Babylonian mythologies and harvest seed scam.
They used all the harlots of the Bible to create Jesus Lineage and used as their main base for the character the christ who's mother was Mary who had Yeshu through a fling with a Roman soldier named Panderas (Pantheras).

Sources:Matthew mentions four sinful harlot women of the bible conveniently and coincidentally in the Joseph genealogy:
1) (Genesis 38:12-19) Tamar who was the one who disguised herself as a harlot to seduce her father-in-law Judah.
2) (Joshua 2:1) Rahab who was a harlot living in the city of Jericho. And note wasn’t even of Jewish lineage, she was a Canaanite. The creators of the legend/image icon in trying to create his lineage and plagiarizing the OT goofed this one big time.
3) (Ruth 3:1-14) Ruth who was the one through her mother-in-law Naomi's request, came secretly to where Boaz was sleeping and spent the night with him. Later Ruth and Boaz were married.
4) (2 Samuel 11:2-5) Bathsheba was the controversial one who became pregnant by King David while she was still married to Uriah.

Matthew 1:19 says Joseph had a mind to divorce her Quietly.
This is so she wouldn't be stoned, it's also why they call the Marian church the harlot church as it venerates the great harlot and places jesus lineage through all the harlots of the Bible.

Last edited:

Like I will post now to back my words which will now prove you a liar who needs these tactics, because he has nothing of value to offer in conversation.

JakeStarkey quoted:

Those are not ad hom when they are true. You are truly befuddled on matters of faith and religion, as are your followers. If you are taking monies from others under false pretenses that you are the Messiah, that is criminal. That you believe you are makes you insane. Telling the truth is never ad hom.

Do you know whyvthey deemed the church the harlot church and whore of Babylon?
They whored after Babylonian mythologies and harvest seed scam.
They used all the harlots of the Bible to create Jesus Lineage and used as their main base for the character the christ who's mother was Mary who had Yeshu through a fling with a Roman soldier named Panderas (Pantheras).

Sources:Matthew mentions four sinful harlot women of the bible conveniently and coincidentally in the Joseph genealogy:
1) (Genesis 38:12-19) Tamar who was the one who disguised herself as a harlot to seduce her father-in-law Judah.
2) (Joshua 2:1) Rahab who was a harlot living in the city of Jericho. And note wasn’t even of Jewish lineage, she was a Canaanite. The creators of the legend/image icon in trying to create his lineage and plagiarizing the OT goofed this one big time.
3) (Ruth 3:1-14) Ruth who was the one through her mother-in-law Naomi's request, came secretly to where Boaz was sleeping and spent the night with him. Later Ruth and Boaz were married.
4) (2 Samuel 11:2-5) Bathsheba was the controversial one who became pregnant by King David while she was still married to Uriah.

Matthew 1:19 says Joseph had a mind to divorce her Quietly.
This is so she wouldn't be stoned, it's also why they call the Marian church the harlot church as it venerates the great harlot and places jesus lineage through all the harlots of the Bible.
I know thats what some Jews teach

JakeStarkey quoted:

Those are not ad hom when they are true. You are truly befuddled on matters of faith and religion, as are your followers. If you are taking monies from others under false pretenses that you are the Messiah, that is criminal. That you believe you are makes you insane. Telling the truth is never ad hom.

Thank you for finally admitting Jesus is insane which makes your protection of insanity and worshiping a created idol even the more disturbing. But get this, if Jesus you proved is false that makes him Lucifer which makes me??? CHECK MATE!

Before Jesus came, people didn't know what God looked like. They created images. They weren't revering God but stuff they made up themselves.

Forum List

Back