Do NOT Discriminate Against Straight Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

definition

Apr 2, 2006
Statistics show that 60 percent of heterosexual men commit adultery and another study shows that 26 percent of heterosexual men are aroused by pedophilic stimuli, however, I STRONGLY condemn any notion that says that heterosexual men should not be allowed to marry because it would undermine the sanctity of marriage or would lead to the eventual legality of adult-child marriages.

Each person has the human right to be judged on his own individual character and NOT group stereotypes regardless as to how true those stereotypes are as to the group as a whole.

STOP DISCRIMINATION AGAINST STRAIGHT MEN NOW!

definition said:
Statistics show that 60 percent of heterosexual men commit adultery and another study shows that 26 percent of heterosexual men are aroused by pedophilic stimuli, however, I STRONGLY condemn any notion that says that heterosexual men should not be allowed to marry because it would undermine the sanctity of marriage or would lead to the eventual legality of adult-child marriages.

Each person has the human right to be judged on his own individual character and NOT group stereotypes regardless as to how true those stereotypes are as to the group as a whole.

Bullshit. The entire premise of your argument is dishonest. Heterosexuality is NOT abnormal behavior; therefore, not a factor in abnormal sexual behavior. It is no more relevant than hair color.

Homosexuality itself IS aberrant sexual behavior (regardless of hair color as well).

We don't need any special laws to cater to the desires of sexual deviants.

MtnBiker said:
I don't believe the 60 percent figure. Despite what a couple of authors might claim.

It's an argument tailored to suit an agenda. Numbers can be twisted to support all kinds of notions, just depends on your point of view.

The whole argument nothing more than trying to campare heterosexuality to homosexuality, and reverse roles as far as normal behavior is concerned. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen it before now with all the backwards-thinking people given voice in our society nowadays.

definition said:

Only one problem. no one is claiming heterosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry. Such an argument would be regarded as incredibly stupid on the fact that by definition the sanctity of marriage demands that a heterosexual male be involved alone. Not to mention that marriage has been available to males for thousands of years.

But for that case, marraige has been available for all men for thousands of years. No one says gay men can't get married. They just can't marry another man. Because by definition it would not be a marriage.

Besides, we all know that women are the only thing that can check a mans nature, which is exactly why its good for men to get married. Because without a women next to us, us men would be more prone to sexual deviancy.

definition said:

Exit polls showed John Kerry the clear winner of the 2004 presidential election. In an atmosphere awash with loaded, agenda-driven polls, we must adress ourselves to the statistics that actually matter. Do you seek the truth, or are you just interested in manipulating numbers till they say what you want them to?

Because, if you're genuinely concerned with the finding of fact, I can give you some statistics that matter, on the subject of actual, realized pedophilia vis a vis sexual preference.

So - do you want to talk, or propagandize?

GunnyL said:
Homosexuality itself IS aberrant sexual behavior (regardless of hair color as well).

We don't need any special laws to cater to the desires of sexual deviants.
Homosexuals aren't sexual deviants or did you not pick up your copy of the DSM-IV?

musicman said:
Exit polls showed John Kerry the clear winner of the 2004 presidential election. In an atmosphere awash with loaded, agenda-driven polls, we must adress ourselves to the statistics that actually matter. Do you seek the truth, or are you just interested in manipulating numbers till they say what you want them to?

This wasn't a poll. This was a study of heterosexual male physiological response to pedophilic stimuli in contrast with adult stimuli as measured by a penile plethysmograph, a tool used by law enforcement to help determine in sex offenders should be released on parole in some communities.

Only one problem. no one is claiming heterosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry. Such an argument would be regarded as incredibly stupid on the fact that by definition the sanctity of marriage demands that a heterosexual male be involved alone. Not to mention that marriage has been available to males for thousands of years.
Wow! He doesn't get irony. Go figure.

But for that case, marraige has been available for all men for thousands of years. No one says gay men can't get married. They just can't marry another man. Because by definition it would not be a marriage.
Yeh, they used to say that people who were interested in interracial love could get married too- all they had to do was marry someone of the same race. :rolleyes:

That is such a tired argument.

And the definition of marriage has constantly changed over history.

Besides, we all know that women are the only thing that can check a mans nature, which is exactly why its good for men to get married. Because without a women next to us, us men would be more prone to sexual deviancy.
You have that little self-control, huh?

definition said:
This wasn't a poll. This was a study of heterosexual male physiological response to pedophilic stimuli in contrast with adult stimuli as measured by a penile plethysmograph, a tool used by law enforcement to help determine in sex offenders should be released on parole in some communities.

WHAT is the point your trying to make about this study and your first post?? :dunno:

Stephanie said:
WHAT is the point your trying to make about this study and your first post?? :dunno:
Umm, that despite this high prevelance of pedophillia by heterosexual men that we should not discriminate against straight men.

musicman said:
Because, if you're genuinely concerned with the finding of fact, I can give you some statistics that matter, on the subject of actual, realized pedophilia vis a vis sexual preference.

So - do you want to talk, or propagandize?
Ummm, sure. Just make sure you do that without that discredited tripe by Paul Cameron.

For definition,

I get it. It's satire. It's just not that funny, ironic, or anything else that satire is supposed to accomplish. You didn't make a valid argument, backed up by verifiable evidence in your initial post. You simply skewed some numbers to try to piss people off. Starting an argument and inciting a debate are not one in the same.

onthefence said:
For definition,

I get it. It's satire. It's just not that funny, ironic, or anything else that satire is supposed to accomplish. You didn't make a valid argument, backed up by verifiable evidence in your initial post. You simply skewed some numbers to try to piss people off. Starting an argument and inciting a debate are not one in the same.
No, I didn't skew any numbers. Those are the actual numbers as properly extrapolated from the findings of this study and reported by the study's authors.

definition said:
Umm, that despite this high prevelance of pedophillia by heterosexual men that we should not discriminate against straight men.

Yeah sure

onthefence said:
For definition,

I'd like to respond to this post for a second time. As I already stated I didn't skew any numbers. However, there are multiple ironies to my post which you don't pick up on. It is not merely an ironic statement about the arguments used against gay marriage, it is also a statement about the usage of studies such as this to prove the prevelance of any behavior, pyschology of a group of people. The study's authors admit that there is a limitation to their study in that it was advertised as a "human sexuality" study and thus may have drawn a higher percentage of sexual deviants because of that fact. Secondly, I am certain that if such a study had been done solely on gay men that you would've probably gotten similiar results. Thirdly, there was a study done in Canada measuring sexual arousal patterns of both gays and straights to pedophilic stimulation and it found no difference between gays and straights in their arousal patterns, so I don't honestly believe that straights are more prone to pedophillia than Gays. Pedophiles usually have no adult sexual orientation and therefore are neither Gay nor straight. They molest who they have access to not based on gender.

This was posted tongue-in-cheek. You didn't find it funny, however, I have posted it at multiple message boards and it seems that liberals think it is hilarious and conservatives get their panties in a wod over it.

definition said:
I'd like to respond to this post for a second time. As I already stated I didn't skew any numbers. However, there are multiple ironies to my post which you don't pick up on. It is not merely an ironic statement about the arguments used against gay marriage, it is also a statement about the usage of studies such as this to prove the prevelance of any behavior, pyschology of a group of people. The study's authors admit that there is a limitation to their study in that it was advertised as a "human sexuality" study and thus may have drawn a higher percentage of sexual deviants because of that fact. Secondly, I am certain that if such a study had been done solely on gay men that you would've probably gotten similiar results. Thirdly, there was a study done in Canada measuring sexual arousal patterns of both gays and straights to pedophilic stimulation and it found no difference between gays and straights in their arousal patterns, so I don't honestly believe that straights are more prone to pedophillia than Gays. Pedophiles usually have no adult sexual orientation and therefore are neither Gay nor straight. They molest who they have access to not based on gender.

This was posted tongue-in-cheek. You didn't find it funny, however, I have posted it at multiple message boards and it seems that liberals think it is hilarious and conservatives get their panties in a wod over it.

Don't flatter yourself. I'm sure everyone here understood what you were posting and WHY..

definition said:
Umm, really?

Umm, REALLY. I posted that, to see if you WOULD say what your real agenda was. But some people just believe their smarter than everyone else :moon4:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back