Do Liberals understand how our voting system works?

No, I'm talking about a bunch of mommy boys and girls living off daddy's money in some fantasy world being influenced by leftist propaganda and commie professors who have no idea what getting a job and living in the real world even is.

Thanks for showing how much substance you have to contribute. :cuckoo:

Why else would you be opposed to showing ID to vote. The only reasons I can think of are that making people show ID makes it very hard to cheat the system. Have people vote in multiple Places, and have people like Illegals with no ID vote as well.

Don't be so dramatic and such a conspiracy theorist. The reason Democrats are probably trying to support this, and why Republicans are pushing to have the students vote in their home states, probably has more to do with demographics. Young voters tend to heavily vote Democratic. This makes college towns and districts with lots of students potentially strong footholds to be democratic districts, even in areas that would otherwise be going to the GOP. But if you take all those students and dilute their influence by spreading them out across the country, you greatly diminish the influence of the demographic group. The liberal leaning young voters can then be absorbed by the background of the rest of the electorate. It's simple political maneuvering.

No, I'm talking about a bunch of mommy boys and girls living off daddy's money in some fantasy world being influenced by leftist propaganda and commie professors who have no idea what getting a job and living in the real world even is.

Thanks for showing how much substance you have to contribute. :cuckoo:

If they are a student that pays their own way to school, rent, etc., fine vote locally but not back home.

If they are dependent upon either daddy, mommy, or financial aid, sorry Charlie your vote goes in mommy's district.

I ask because we have a thread where liberals are complaining because out of State college students are being denied the ability to vote in the State they attend college in. One of them even asked how deployed military voted.

If one is not a resident of a State they are living in then they vote absentee in the district they are a resident of in their HOME State.

In our own county seat, also the home of Indiana University, students have had the vote since the 60s. There hasn't been a Republican Mayor since then; before, of course, there were.

if said students legal residences are there, and they registered to vote there. Then they can. The issue in the story that brought this up. Is Basically Democrats not wanting people to have to show their ID which is how you Verify someones Legal Residence. Why else would you be opposed to showing ID to vote. The only reasons I can think of are that making people show ID makes it very hard to cheat the system. Have people vote in multiple Places, and have people like Illegals with no ID vote as well.

So in essence what you have is Democrats fighting something that will help fight Fraud in our election process, and attempting to paint it as them Fighting big mean Republicans who don't want students to be able to vote at all. Which is of course a complete load of BS, In other words. Par for the course for Liberal poster on this board.

Not at all surprising this post is coming from Ravi. She is the queen of finding some trumped up BS on a far left web site. Not really understanding it, and screaming from the rooftops what ever it is the Site told her to Scream.

Ravi do you really think they are trying to stop them to vote, simply because they want them to verify their identity, and vote WHERE they reside.

Geesh.

ones name would not be on the voter roll, if they had not registered to vote.

the id's the student's agreed to show? why are you saying they didn't...?

though a pic id is meaningless....if their names are not on the voter registration roll for the precinct they go in to vote at...

every time i have voted, i went to where i was suppose to vote per my voter's registration, they asked your name when you entered, and address and party affiliation, they then checked you off as voted, so no one else could vote in your spot and/or you could not vote twice.

i think if the student wants their college state to be where they want to claim their residency, then they should become a resident of said state, and register to vote there....this should nullify them being able to vote back at mom and pop's....

the main issue in the article that Ravi posted on this was instate students, voting in their college town vs their mom and dad's town, WITHIN the same state.,,,not out of staters???

I ask because we have a thread where liberals are complaining because out of State college students are being denied the ability to vote in the State they attend college in. One of them even asked how deployed military voted.

If one is not a resident of a State they are living in then they vote absentee in the district they are a resident of in their HOME State.

Oh, so you mean it isn't like Dick Cheney's Wyoming residency status he changed from texas on July 21, 1999, when the 12th Amendment, which prohibits the president and vice president from living in the same state of Texas, thus making him eligible for VP.

Cheney holds a Texas driver's license listing his Highland Park address and that, on Feb. 22, he changed his personal records at the Texas Department of Public Safety and again listed the Dallas address.

It also claims Cheney's vehicles are registered in Texas, that he paid taxes on them in Dallas County, that he has filed federal income tax returns listing himself as a Texas resident and that he has lived in the Highland Park home for the last five years. :lol:

Texans challenge Cheney's residency status

I forgot to mention, we do understand how the system works for retards..............

Last edited:
They think they should be able to vote where they go to school and back home (if the need arises).

Students shouldn't be able to vote. You're a fucking STUDENT for a reason. You are learning.

Turn 18. Get a job. Pay for rent. Live in the real world. Vote.

so much stupidity...so little time

the thread is about college students.....

you have a couple of issues here....one...if they are allowed to vote and est residency then they can pay in state tuition...now you have students who's parent do not pay taxes in the state that is subsiding their education

two...if they are allowed to vote ...they can control a college town's local politics too....

so o great sage....when does one stop being a student....when does one stop learning.....

the main issue in the article that Ravi posted on this was instate students, voting in their college town vs their mom and dad's town, WITHIN the same state.,,,not out of staters???
Don't ever make the mistake of thinking that RGS has read anything for comprehension.

Don't ever make the mistake of thinking that RGS has read anything for comprehension.

RETARD ALERT. Each State has their own laws on HOW to change ones residency. Pretty simple process. If those Students want to vote in the college district all they have to do is change their residency.

NO one is stopping them. This is a bullshit made up whine by idiot liberals that haven't a clue how anything works.

Why else would you be opposed to showing ID to vote. The only reasons I can think of are that making people show ID makes it very hard to cheat the system. Have people vote in multiple Places, and have people like Illegals with no ID vote as well.

Don't be so dramatic and such a conspiracy theorist. The reason Democrats are probably trying to support this, and why Republicans are pushing to have the students vote in their home states, probably has more to do with demographics. Young voters tend to heavily vote Democratic. This makes college towns and districts with lots of students potentially strong footholds to be democratic districts, even in areas that would otherwise be going to the GOP. But if you take all those students and dilute their influence by spreading them out across the country, you greatly diminish the influence of the demographic group. The liberal leaning young voters can then be absorbed by the background of the rest of the electorate. It's simple political maneuvering.

Er..when you have a fit that people actually verify their residency, then obviously it's because you want non residents to vote. And this is something the Dems have historically had a problem with. They party is crooked and voter fraud is its standard operating procedure.

BTW, when I voted in my first presidential election (Reagan!) I lived in Eugene; I had to show my ID and something with my address on it, since my ID had my mom's address on it.

Didn't stop me from voting.

Republicans understand that if too many Americans are allowed to vote they lose elections.

That is why they try repetedly to limit who can vote.

I'd be surprised to learn that they have even grasped One Person, One Vote. :lol:

We are raising a society of professional students. These losers spend 12 years in college, living off mommy and daddy, then enter the workforce with an attitude of entitlement, as if spending all that time in Ann Arbor and Knoxville somehow creates a debt from us to them.

They have all the answers to all the questions. And if we can't see that, we must be stupid, because they have a degree!

Yet they aren't responsible enough to keep an ID on them, or register in the proper district, or become familiar with the rules beforehand. This is the same generation that thinks if a poll today shows Scott Walker is losing popularity, they can recall him next week, smoke another joint, and start saving the world. The same generation that thinks religion is bad, muslims are good, and Ronald Reagan sucked.

If they don't have an ID, fuck them, don't let them vote. They'll get another chance to get it right in 2 years. If they still think they're special then, fuck them again.

Republicans understand that if too many Americans are allowed to vote they lose elections.

And democrats know that if they can just get 225 Million people to the polls in any election, their chances of winning are greatly increased.

The problem is, there are only 210 Million people who are eligible to vote in US elections.

I could be wrong, but I imagine the argument would be something along the lines of considering a person lives most of the year in a given state, ought they not be considered a resident of that state, as opposed to the state from which they came?

No... they should not... obtain a permanent address/residence, and change your residency... then you get that privilege

Yep. If Republicans had their way we'd still be a colony of Britain and they would be minor princes.

If you RESIDE somewhere, you are a RESIDEnt of that place.

Do conservative understand how etymology works?

So using your logic a student from North Carolina attending the University of Virigina is a resident of Virginia because they reside in the Dorm.

OK.

Tell that North Carolina student to take that logic to the Finance Office and demand that they be charged the in-state tuition rate.

They will probably be laughed out of the office.

>>>>

If you want to vote in the place where you go to college?

REGISTER in that state.

Geeze is that so difficult to understand?

Forum List

Back