Do it for the children

build snow forts in deep snow....let them fall off stuff....on occasion let them get hurt....so they know its possible...let them walk the mile to the playground....what adventures they will have on the way (of course i live in the country and the mile is very protected by neighbors)

Spend time with your kids. No matter how much money you spend, what they will remember are the fun things they did with you.

My Dad wasn't around much because of his job - first in the Military, then as a commercial airline pilot, but when he was there - we had his undivided attention. Those times are the times I remember. He's a very cool dad.

Teach kids the value of money.

My Mom taught me how to sew, knit, and mend stuff.

My dad taught me how to fix my car.

Both taught us the value of family.

Oh, and teach them what 'charity' really means. It's not throwing some change in a bucket once a year to salvage your conscience.

Instead of getting a lot of junk at Christmas, my family picked a charity and we donated to that instead. Even now, each and every one of us still does that. We all donate time and money to chosen charities.

Letting them pick the restaurant every night is spoiling them.

:lol: I meant like I have him all the time and there is no dad's day.

I also think every kid should know what chinese torture feels like. :D

Moms don't have a monopoly on single parent-hood.

Do you hug and kiss him after you torture him? Or is your intent to raise a psychopath with absolutely no concept of warped love?
I have never given my son chinese torture, I said every kid should experience it.

Letting them pick the restaurant every night is spoiling them.

Do you ever waterboard him?

Some people feel that waterboarding is torture, while others consider it to be an advanced interrogation technique.

I think of it as an exercise to help a child build mental toughness and to help them learn how to more efficiently hold their breath when swimming long distances.
you guys have obviously never had older brothers! And no I have never done chinese torture on my son, I said he should experience it like from another child. geez

Some people feel that waterboarding is torture, while others consider it to be an advanced interrogation technique.

I think of it as an exercise to help a child build mental toughness and to help them learn how to more efficiently hold their breath when swimming long distances.
you guys have obviously never had older brothers! And no I have never done chinese torture on my son, I said he should experience it like from another child. geez

I have 5 older brothers (albeit one is only minutes older - but in his view that still makes him 'older') .... I relate to the chinese torture! Brothers are demons.

The one thing that Parents often neglect is to really listen to their child. Some parents will listen but often times they have to throw in a lecture or something and that just ruins if for them. Sometimes no words are the best thing. A trust in a child will make that Parenting road so much easier and at the same time that Child will trust you. When times are hard for them you want them to come to you, not a peer for guidance.

So Parents really LISTEN

I have 5 older brothers (albeit one is only minutes older - but in his view that still makes him 'older') .... I relate to the chinese torture! Brothers are demons.
I don't think these guys even know what it is.:lol:
And all I can say is I used to be able to get out of hog tie in no time, I should have made a career out of it. I also had a sister who was quite evil also.:lol:

Take them horseback riding....freedom, speed, empathy, friendship and beauty.

Forum List

Back