Do Dems Have Votes For Papa Obama Health Care Suicide Pact ?

The bill is going to pass, not doubt about it.

This will allow the two parties to campaign on it. The GOP will have to stop lying and debate the good things in it, and the Dems will have to stop lying and talk about financing it.

This is going to be a fun election cycle. For one thing, the candidates of the far left loons and the far right loons are going to get flushed into the center and slaughtered in the election.

The good things?

Well they must be few since the majority of the US does not want this bill. The left and the right both hate this bill (for different reasons).

Lies? Speaking of ....What did the Democrats release what they planned behind closed doors for the reconciliation?

Oh thats' right- they are going to put it up 72 hours for us to see
:eusa_whistle:

Of course you know it is serious when:

Must be serious ! Obama delays Asian Vacation for ObamaCare or No time to bow

Jake Tapper

Speaking volumes about how the votes are not yet there for health care reform, President Obama has decided to delay his trip to Asia.

The president was due to leave for a trip to Guam, Indonesia and Australia on Thursday, March 18th and return to Washington, DC on March 24th. The White House confirms this morning that the trip will be delayed by three days – the president will now leave Sunday March 21st and return to Washington on Friday, March 26th. …

The White House had long set the March 18th deadline – the day the president was to have left for his trip – for Capitol Hill. As recently as Tuesday the White House had expressed confidence that they were still within that goal. Yet at yesterday’s briefing for the first time indicated that the deadline may have to be shifted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Papa Obama will just have to bow some other time- very giving of him

See:
Commemorate Obama's Historic Trip or the Asian Bowing Bird

drinkingbird.jpg

Papa Obama "Asian Bowing bird"

Last edited:
Neo, it's going to pass. Bet on it this weekend, and you will make some money.

Okay here's the problem. I've been listening to the talking heads on just about all networks this past week. Pelosi is still a few votes short but it is looking like she will threaten, bribe, and extort just enough votes to get it out of the House.

So, assuming the Tea Partiers, 9/12 group, tax protesters, etc. are successful in throwing enough Dems out in November that the GOP or conservatives will regain a majority. They can reverse the vote. But the conventional wisdom is that they won't.

Why?

Because the worst parts of the legislation won't kick in until after Obama is safely elected to a second term. The stuff that will kick in almost immediately will be the stuff that just about everybody will like.

And the people, since they have such short memories and won't ever be given a chance to understand the whole thing, will just see the GOP dismantling the stuff they like.

This is not a pleasant scenario folks. And I am not optimistic that this is going to be stoppable or fixable.

Okay here's the problem. I've been listening to the talking heads on just about all networks this past week. Pelosi is still a few votes short but it is looking like she will threaten, bribe, and extort just enough votes to get it out of the House.

So, assuming the Tea Partiers, 9/12 group, tax protesters, etc. are successful in throwing enough Dems out in November that the GOP or conservatives will regain a majority. They can reverse the vote. But the conventional wisdom is that they won't.

Why?

Because the worst parts of the legislation won't kick in until after Obama is safely elected to a second term. The stuff that will kick in almost immediately will be the stuff that just about everybody will like.

And the people, since they have such short memories and won't ever be given a chance to understand the whole thing, will just see the GOP dismantling the stuff they like.

This is not a pleasant scenario folks. And I am not optimistic that this is going to be stoppable or fixable.

I agree it will be close

However, the tax increases will go in effect immediately and for 4 years before any "program" starts

This was the only way to fudge the numbers so CBO could show the spending in their favor

Why?

I agree it will be close

However, the tax increases will go in effect immediately and for 4 years before any "program" starts

This was the only way to fudge the numbers so CBO could show the spending in their favor

Yes, and those taxes provide a glimmer of hope that this will keep the edge of public opinion on the conservative side. Also, the whole bill will be passed on the basis that the stuff anybody on the left doesn't like will be fixed 'later', but it will be illegal under their own rules to do that as 'reconciliation'. Not that anybody in Congress is much concerned about rules, but maybe that will give the GOP at least some leverage. We'll see.

They're looking very confident and Obama did postpone his trip..

Next, Democrats will be working on jobs full boar and defeating repubs in November.

Next, Democrats will be working on jobs full boar and defeating repubs in November.

Yes of course

As for jobs
What's the rush?
We see how that "laser beam" on jobs all year has been working.

As for elections
It does seem the Dems have quite a job ahead of them. No doubt, if this unpopular health care is passed then it is probably a good guess
you will not hear them (Dems) or the MSM ever discuss it again before the election.

Funny how that works

Yes of course

As for jobs
What's the rush?

As for elections
It does seem the Dems have quite a job ahead of them. No doubt, if this unpopular health care is passed then it is probably a good guess
you will not hear them (Dems) or the MSM ever discuss it again before the election.

Funny how that works

Yes, we all hear your spin on how soundly Dems will be defeated in November. Do we accept it? Not really.

Yes of course

As for jobs
What's the rush?

As for elections

Funny how that works

Yes, we all hear your spin on how soundly Dems will be defeated in November. Do we accept it? Not really.

Well of course,
Truth is the worst enemy of the left

Hey, it is your story and you can tell it anyway you want

Yes of course

As for jobs
What's the rush?

As for elections

Funny how that works

Well of course,

You too. It's obvious you don't mind being embarrassed later just like in the last two elections. Your bluster previous to them was incredible. We didn't believe you then either.

Well of course,

You too. It's obvious you don't mind being embarrassed later just like in the last two elections. Your bluster previous to them was incredible. We didn't believe you then either.

Like 94 er, nevermind

No please do not adjust your thinking

You are right; everything is fine with the Democrats.
I don't believe they should change their game plan all
:eusa_pray:

Well of course,

Like 94 er, nevermind

Working for the American people? Of course they will not change that.. They'd better not.

Like 94 er, nevermind

Working for the American people? Of course they will not change that.. They'd better not.

Yes of course and we see how the American people are responding to all that "work" from the poll numbers
:eusa_shhh:

So again, by all means- Keep up the good work

Like 94 er, nevermind

Yes of course and we see how the American people are responding to all that "work" from the poll numbers

You all keep claiming that the American people want zero healthcare reform.. We'll see how much they love it when it comes to pass and starts working for them.

I'm even hoping for the public option getting in there at some point. Maybe my senator Brown (Sherrod) can get it going.

You all keep claiming that the American people want zero healthcare reform.. We'll see how much they love it when it comes to pass and starts working for them.

Actually, it is not me but the polls

Since the taxes kick in first for four years before any "program" starts, you may have
to wait after this election to see the "success" of the programs
:eusa_angel:

Still haven't figured out how 10 years of taxes for 6 years of programs is paying for squat. And the democrats think this is a good thing? I need to start a new business that caters strictly to them......

Forum List

Back