Do congresspersons ever...

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
So Senators and Representatives ever just quit or do they all retire?
What are the requirements for a congressperson to retire?

Both

Sometimes they quit for personal or criminal reasons. Otherwise, they don't retire. They just don't run for office again

Both

Sometimes they quit for personal or criminal reasons. Otherwise, they don't retire. They just don't run for office again

but what is the difference in their benefits and such in quit vs retirement?
Unless they are impeached and kicked out I suspect no difference in retirement and bennies.

Quitting would be leaving during one's term for reasons like "I want to spend more time with the family" or "I don't like this job"

Resigning would be leaving during one's term for reasons like "I had a massive heart attack and now I am oxygen dependent and can't walk more than 50 feet without becoming profoundly short of breath."

Resigning under duress would be leaving after impeachment or censure like "I did nothing wrong! This is a conspiracy!"

Retiring would be leaving at the end of one's term without the plan to work again.

The Dems have started the pity party over at MSNBC.. Last summer they "didn't know who these people are." now,, "we understand the American people are angry." :lol::lol::lol::lol: you shouldn't have been so clever as to demonize and scoff at the Tea Party.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Been a few on both sides resigned in disgrace.
Too bad it is only a drop in the bucket of the number on both sides that should resign/quit.

The Dems have started the pity party over at MSNBC.. Last summer they "didn't know who these people are." now,, "we understand the American people are angry." :lol::lol::lol::lol: you shouldn't have been so clever as to demonize and scoff at the Tea Party.

Teabaggers are just plain funny.

Too bad it is only a drop in the bucket of the number on both sides that should resign/quit.

Any congressman...right left or ind....who asked for an earmark in any legislation during this recession should resign.
Any congressman who voted for the pay raise they got during this recession should resign.
Truth is...anyone who did either of the above should not get a single vote...
But we Americans are not always the brightest bulbs on the tree.

Curious...

What makes a person who peacefully exercises their right to free speech and their right to protest a government action...."plain old funny"?

Any congressman...right left or ind....who asked for an earmark in any legislation during this recession should resign.
Any congressman who voted for the pay raise they got during this recession should resign.

any congressman who accepted lobbyist money should also resign.

does that leave anyone?

If you're Newt you resign in disgrace.

While others just hang around until their term is up. For example, a married president is accused of doing something - let's say getting blowjobs from and intern - but he vehemently denies the allegations, on TV no less. But then later on he finds out his intern friend kept a souvenier of something he'd given her, something that proves the allegations beyond a shadow of a doubt. So the weasel president is forced to admit he lied, only he never uses the term lied. Instead he chalks it up to an inappropriate relationship or something and takes full personal responsibility for it (yeah, like someone else might be the responsible one?).

Anyway, the moral of the story is some lowdown junkyard dogs are just plain incapable of disgrace.

any congressman who accepted lobbyist money should also resign.

does that leave anyone?

In my book...I would rather have that heavyset guy sleeping in your avatar over anyone currently serving our country in government.

Curious...

What makes a person who peacefully exercises their right to free speech and their right to protest a government action...."plain old funny"?

USCitizen...can you please answer this question? (above)
My sister in law said the same thing....sort of....she said...

"tea baggers are a disgrace"......and I asked her why?

Her answer? "If you dont know why then you are not worth my telling you why"
She also said...and this is an exact quote....

"to call themselves teabaggers is an example of the type of people they are"

SO I said...so you dont have an answer for me...and by the way...they did not call themselves teabaggers...the media and the left did..

She said I am clueless and started to tell my wife about some hair weave she got. ANd my wife simply said...."heck with your hair....apologize to my husband or leave my house....and on your way out, look in the miorror and you will see clueless."

And SHE (my suster in law) is a teacher.....a highly regarded high school teacher.

Pretty scary stuff if you ask me.

Anyway....your answer?

Teabaggers are just puppets of a political purpose that is not necessarially in their best interests. the baggers are however fully convinced beyond a shodow of a doubt that they are doing this on their own.

Political Parrots only.
they are in reality serving many of those doing exactly what they are protesting against.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back