Do Christian right wingers really have nothing better to worry about than this?

Discussion in 'Education' started by acludem, Apr 6, 2008.

1. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    A public school had "wacky week" and on Friday of that week kids were encouraged to dress either as senior citizens or the opposite gender. The Christian right is now waging a holy war against silly dress-up days for kids accusing the school of promoting "alternative lifestyles".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23986997/

acludem

2. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    I'd be far more concerned about little girls being dressed up to resemble seductive adult women than this harmless bit of silliness. Where are these people when parents push their little girls into beauty contests? That's apparently okay, this apparently isn't?

3. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Oh I know.. I read that this morning.. good grief.

So, where are the local nutters who insist that christians are all benevolent and don't try to pounce of the slightest thing that offends their wackjob morals? Funny, I see nary a post by any of the usual suspects so far.. Gosh, it's almost like pharisee christians would rather scream martyr than clean house.

4. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    This is rediculous. Harmless play turned into something religious. I'm Christian and don't believe in taking it that far.

However, I'm not sure if I would particularly enjoy my son dressing up like a woman. That's kind of frowned upon here in the South. LOL:cuckoo: Then again, they can't make someone dress-up that doesn't want to dress-up.

5. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    dude.. it's not like homozexuality was invented the day a boy child dressed up like a girl for some costumed event. this christian reaction is beyond stupid and conveys just how little a grasp they have on reality while beating their chests like donkey kong about their personal morals.

6. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    You must have had a bad dream about me last night or something....

I'm agree with you genius. I think they've (christians) have taken this too far. Considering the school is not requiring or making each student dress up. Now, if the school had told some agnostic kid to pray during the moment of silence, that would be different. The agnostic kids parents would have reasons for concern.

My personal opinion, is that I wouldn't want my son dressing up as a woman. Just my own personal homophobia...no link or proof needed. My personal opinion.

Are you Ok with this?? Do we need to have a discussion about it? I'm sorry if my opinion on little boys dressing up like little girls doesn't mean the Shogus Standard. But then again, it doesn't have to now does it?:cool:

7. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    you agree... up to the point of lording over your kid's costumes on the off chance that too many occasions farcing it up as a woman will make him crave some dick?

yes.. clearly you have achieved liftoff.

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,751
    That reminds me. When I was about ten I had to take care of my baby brother. I used to dress him up like a girl all the time because I'd always wanted a sister. hahaha, he still gets ragged about it by my family. It didn't turn him gay, in case you're wondering.

9. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Oh you're so right:rolleyes: ...I should have no say in what my child should or shouldn't do? I mind as well let he/she do what he/she wants to do, that always works out the best. Especially when they get into the real world and realize they don't always get what they want. Then again, that explains your babyish attitude on these forums....I'm right and your wrong cause I say so....wha wha wha....

It has nothing to do with dick, maybe in your mind, I wonder why that's the first thing you think of?

Oh, and did I say, "My kid will not dress like that for a school function?" Absolutelly not.
    I said that I wouldn't want him to. How many people do you know would actualy want their kid to dress up like the opposite gender. Well maybe you do know at least one person....

10. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    I know it won't turn him gay...It's just not something me (as a father) would care to do to my own child.

"Here son, here's some women's clothing....it's ok if you put it on and play in it for a while. Make sure you put the panty-hose on right."

"Well son, are you gonna dress up like a woman today at school?"

I'd be on FOX news in a heart-beat.

"Father dresses son up in womens' clothing."

He still get's ragged about it...not something he's probably particularly proud of.