Do all minors get tried as adults in court for serious crimes such as murder?

imisslily

Sep 11, 2018
17 year old teenager tried for attempted murder as an adult and is imprisoned for 25 years

I'm curious, do the courts pick and select whether a kid gets tried as an adult or not? Or are certain crimes such as murder and rape so serious that they have to be tried in adult courts.

I see stories of some young kids getting away with serious crimes for being underage, but at the same time in cases like this a 17 year old ran someone over with a car and got 25 years.

Does it vary state by state in the US? Whats the purpose of a chlldrens court if you still get tried as an adult. Not defending this loser btw, I think he deserves 25 years after I watched the sickening video

17 year old teenager tried for attempted murder as an adult and is imprisoned for 25 years

I'm curious, do the courts pick and select whether a kid gets tried as an adult or not? Or are certain crimes such as murder and rape so serious that they have to be tried in adult courts.

I see stories of some young kids getting away with serious crimes for being underage, but at the same time in cases like this a 17 year old ran someone over with a car and got 25 years.

Does it vary state by state in the US? Whats the purpose of a chlldrens court if you still get tried as an adult. Not defending this loser btw, I think he deserves 25 years after I watched the sickening video
Who do you want to kill?

I believe it is up to the prosecutor as to whether they want to file charges and prosecute as an adult or as a child.

Usually, the decision is based on age, but if there are extenuating circumstances, the prosecutor's office can decide to go for a trial as an adult.

Forum List

Back