DJT could end up being a great president

D

Dim Bulb

Think about how low the expectations are for him. Including in some areas with me. He is thought of by many to be a sexual predator, short sighted egoist who doesn't know what he's doing. Other great presidents have started that way. Lincoln and FDR are two who come to mind (without the sexual stuff in Lincoln's case, although he did share his bed with other men, but I digress).

President Trump started the process of becoming great today with a powerful statement against anti Semitism. His bar is so low that many are viewing this as a triumph. And therein lies his potential. If he can keep scoring victories like this, he could go down as one of the greats. Like Reagan, he could achieve conservative legislation and also be seen as a tolerant statesman with true American values.

Not there yet, but the potential is there.

If he ends up building a colony on the moon, fixes our infrastructure and brings back our middle class. I'll admit that he's great...Not until.

I'd prefer Mars but that's just me. Mark Watney is still up there.

The Osteoporosis caused by low G makes Mars unlikely but intercepting and mining asteroids is relatively easy to do and would be a big step ahead

Ah, petty butthurt gibberish. The loony haters like the OP don't have expectations, but Trump's supporters have very high expectations of him. They expect him to work extremely hard delivering on his promises. I mean, they know the Democrats will continue to sabotage him at every turn, but they still expect him to move forward and put in the effort. If he does that, his supporters will help him win another term.

The Osteoporosis caused by low G makes Mars unlikely but intercepting and mining asteroids is relatively easy to do and would be a big step ahead
There's got to be some technology to handle the low G effect. Some isometric stuff or something. Heavy drinking. Something.

Ah, petty butthurt gibberish. The loony haters like the OP don't have expectations, but Trump's supporters have very high expectations of him. They expect him to work extremely hard delivering on his promises. I mean, they know the Democrats will continue to sabotage him at every turn, but they still expect him to move forward and put in the effort. If he does that, his supporters will help him win another term.

Fact: His supporters have high expectations of him.
Fact: People like me who view him as an "imperfect vessel" of conservatism are waiting to see what he does.
Fact: Loony leftists view him as Satan.

So if he pleases only one of these groups I can assure you that he will not go down in history as a great president. If he pleases two of them, as I say above, he has a chance. If people like you in the first group view people like me in the second group as a "loony hater" then America's got no chance.

Fact: People like me who view him as an "imperfect vessel" of conservatism are waiting to see what he does.

So if he pleases only one of these groups I can assure you that he will not go down in history as a great president. If he pleases two of them, as I say above, he has a chance. If people like you in the first group view people like me in the second group as a "loony hater" then America's got no chance.

I'm a Trump supporter, and i don't have 'low' expectations for him. I actually have pretty high expectations for him. But if you're a Democrat Trump-Hater, you obviously have no expectations for him. You just hate him and wanna sabotage him. So Trump-Hater opinion on the issue of 'expectations', is irrelevant.

I'm a Trump supporter, and i don't have 'low' expectations for him. I actually have pretty high expectations for him. But if you're a Democrat Trump-Hater, you obviously have no expectations for him. You just hate him and wanna sabotage him. So Trump-Hater opinion on the issue of 'expectations', is irrelevant.
Hence the middle group that includes people like me. Willing to watch and see. He wins people like me over to your group and he could end up being great. That's my only point. If you divide the world up into Loyal Trump Supporters and Haters, then I'm not sure we have much to discuss.

Hence the middle group that includes people like me. Willing to watch and see. He wins people like me over to your group and he could end up being great. That's my only point. If you divide the world up into Loyal Trump Supporters and Haters, then I'm not sure we have much to discuss.

Sorry, but that is the world we currently live in. The nation is bitterly divided. It is what it is.

Sorry, but that is the world we currently live in. The nation is bitterly divided. It is what it is.
We are the nation. We make up the culture.

Forum List

Back