Diversity! Yay!

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Conspiracist, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Conspiracist

Conspiracist Snuggle weather rocks!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +505
    Where I work, it is mostly black in the production departments. The company is a great company to work for and often feeds us lunch on their dime just as a way to say thank you.... well, that used to be the reason. Now I believe it is just habit. Since we have acquired more black employees, the company has to assign babysitters to the luncheons and regulate how much food people grab because so many seem to have a "grab as much as I can" attitude. It's really pathetic to watch.

Anyway, we play 6 different music stations and the station gets changed daily. There is a day set up for rap music and there was a complaint that when rap is playing, the music gets turned down. This was a dumb complaint because the volume is preset. So now, we get no music. YAY!

A black guy called an older white guy a dumb white motherfucker and the white guy called him a dumb ****** motherfucker in retalliation, (which was stupid), the white guy got fired and the brotha kept his job.

We had meetings about harassment in the workplace... Now it has come down to people who do not like other people are getting them fired simply due to complaining about being offended. The union is way too scared to stand up for the white employees but jumps like heroes when a black is on the stand. Is this way of life in the workplace truly a good thing? It's not comfortable for most, including blacks, and has everyone afraid to even joke around. I mean, my workplace actually posted when it was NATIONAL COMING OUT DAY. Is all of this shit necessary? Can't we just do our job and have some fun while we are at it anymore?

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    Well this is why we have the most unqualified man in the room, Barack Obama as our President. Political Correctness.

The music where I work used to get changed weekly until something happened. I biggie from H.Q. called and was put on hold for a few seconds. Well, the music that gets piped through the building is also what people hear when they get put on hold so what did the "Biggie from H.Q." hear?:

"Yo muthuh fuckuh, Yo muthuh fuckuh, Yo muthuh fuckuh, Yo!". :lol:

Now we have to listen to elevator music all the time.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    I don't get it.

Do you have a problem working with gays or blacks?

And could it be that you have less food because you aqcuired more workers in general? Or are you all just hiring "greedy niggas"?

And "****** motherfucker" and "white motherfucker" are different on various different levels. By the way.:eusa_angel:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  4. Ozmar

Ozmar This tree will shoot you.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jmEfojVDaM&feature=related[/ame]

5. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    I don't get it.

My company went public and we hired one CEO that fired like 600 people, she got like 14 million dollars and the company showed a loss. She moved on after 2 years.

The next CEO fired 600 people he's gotten 17 million dollars and he's still here after 2 years. And the company is losing money.

Anyone fill me in on how that's possible?

6. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Conspiracist, you work for morons. This is PC run amok, protecting the ultra-sensitive amongst us. I'm gonna make the ginormous assumption that you are not employed to grind out sentiments on greeting cards, and that at times, the work you do is physically demanding.

I agree whole-heartedly that racially-motivated, gender-based or any other sort of harrassment on the job is a serious matter and needs to be addressed by everyone. No self-respecting person should stand idly by while a person of color is taunted with vile racial epiteths at work....but that does not sound like what is happening. "Harrassment" does not mean "whatever the hell I, as the protected class, decide it should be after the fact". Or at least it shouldn't.

It sounds instead as if you have a subgroup of workers -- and we have ALL worked with such people -- who put more energy into creating drama and avoiding their responsibilities than they do into doing their fucking jobs. Why is there so much angst over the music being played or the food served as the company's free lunch? Anyone over 12 could plan a party without these issues....bring in food in individual servings and choose one station that is palatable to most people and leave the dial alone. It's background noise at work, not a national anthem on Inaugeration Day.

I dunno what to advise you. You can suck it up, look for another job or run for shop steward....and they are all crappy choices. Used to be, we expected more of one another, especially at work. People were expected to suck up minor irrtations and get the fuck on with their lives. Now everyone's got some "special need" that the whole workforce must alter their conduct to address. Cannot have peanuts, wheat, salt, sugar or most anything else because someone claims to be allergic. Cannot have Halloween parties because someone claims it's against their religion (apparently, just minding their own fucking business is as well). Cannot speak casually to a coworker because everyone has a cultivated list of "no-nos" that not everyone shares and there's a chance you'll get ripped for the wrong word choice.

Your coworker should never have used the "n" word, no matter what -- but the rest sounds to me as if grown men are acting like crazy aunts at a quilting party.

How's about we just act like grown ups who are responsible for ourselves and do our fucking jobs, eh?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Reads like another bullshit story from some anonomous right winger to me.

Care to document this with some real evidence?

8. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Blame the lawyers.

I just spoke with someone who works for a large company that decided to avoid the whole "Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays" controversy, and send out Thanksgiving cards instead. Turns out Jehovah's Witnesses believe Thanksgiving is a pagan holiday, and refused to mail the cards.

We are living in bizarro world folks.

9. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    The modern American holiday party at work....sad, huh?

10. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    You can have diversity or peace, but not both.