Diversity training at work

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
Has anyone had to go to Diversity Training at work? They're pushing it where I am. I really cringe when they have those things, because during the presentations, management uses all those PC terms -- "inclusiveness", "alternate lifestyles" etc etc.

They even put up some charts that made the claim that they were going to make the workplace "more inclusive" AND were going to start developing metrics to measure our "diversity". It's as if someone thinks that it's 1963, we're in Alabama and the National Guard has just been called in to force integration of the place where I work.

The group I work with already is about half women and men, some are minorities and everyone gets along and works together fine. And it's not a small group (about 50 people). Most of us have been working together for years.

On the surface, Diversity seems to be addressing a problem that doesn't exist, but I also think that there is another ulterior motive. That is pushing of Leftist propaganda, gay rights and Political Correctness.

Is it just me? Has anyone else had similar meetings at the place where they work?

KarlMarx said:
Has anyone had to go to Diversity Training at work? They're pushing it where I am. I really cringe when they have those things, because during the presentations, management uses all those PC terms -- "inclusiveness", "alternate lifestyles" etc etc.

They even put up some charts that made the claim that they were going to make the workplace "more inclusive" AND were going to start developing metrics to measure our "diversity". It's as if someone thinks that it's 1963, we're in Alabama and the National Guard has just been called in to force integration of the place where I work.

The group I work with already is about half women and men, some are minorities and everyone gets along and works together fine. And it's not a small group (about 50 people). Most of us have been working together for years.

On the surface, Diversity seems to be addressing a problem that doesn't exist, but I also think that there is another ulterior motive. That is pushing of Leftist propaganda, gay rights and Political Correctness.

Is it just me? Has anyone else had similar meetings at the place where they work?
oh how much fun I could have at that meeting !!!! :dev3:

Havent had those meetings. But every corporate retail job ive been at in my life has had training videos that depict white males as horny, racist, homophobes in the work place and how to not be one. All the videos that show a man sexually harrassing a women on the job or a man conversing about the new gay guy or commenting on the new "blacky" are meant to "PC-ify" the work place.

Its been going on for years but what your talking about is just the next tangible step in their brainwashing campaign. PC will be the end of this country if we dont fight it.

insein said:
Havent had those meetings. But every corporate retail job ive been at in my life has had training videos that depict white males as horny, racist, homophobes in the work place and how to not be one. All the videos that show a man sexually harrassing a women on the job or a man conversing about the new gay guy or commenting on the new "blacky" are meant to "PC-ify" the work place.

Its been going on for years but what your talking about is just the next tangible step in their brainwashing campaign. PC will be the end of this country if we dont fight it.
Yes, I know what you mean. At one meeting a few years ago (this one was about sexual harrassment and EEO - Equal Employment Opportunity), management showed a video from 20/20 about discrimination against women. It made me and a lot of the other guys feel like we were being warned. After the video, there was a question and answer period. A woman (who wasn't from our area) piped up and told the rest of us how she was in Utah on an assignment once and had to work around "fundamenalist Mormon Men" ..... There was an embarrassed silence in the room.

Afterwards, I talked to my manager privately and told him that I didn't appreciate that woman's attitude and that I found it somewhat sexist and bigoted. He agreed, shrugged his shoulders and that was it.

The next year, they had another meeting, with the same video tape....

Still another story....

We had an ethics training meeting once and an employee, who works virtually, decided to come to our training. Anyway, the employee was dressed up like a Buddhist monk, and "she" used to be a "he". During the break, "she" went into the ladies' restroom with some of my female co-workers. Later that day, they were talking about it. I could tell they were pretty upset about it. I said words to the effect "well....that's what diversity is all about.... you are going to be expected to accept that kind of stuff!" I got a lot of rolled eyes (which I took to mean "...if that's what they expect they can kiss our a$$es!....).

Sensitivity training is part of the emasculation movement. Men are being portrayed as the bad guys across America. Fathers are shown as unimportant, everyone with a penis is a rapist, and men, overall, are shown as dull, sexist, clueless, ape-like half humans. So now, we have sensitivity training. What's the purpose of this? It is to, mentally, turn men into women. That's really what it seems like it's supposed to do. Well, they can shove it. I'm gonna watch football, eat red meat, and be rambunctios, and despite what society says, the women who aren't radical feminists who want someone whipped actually like that.

What really gets me is that I feel protective of girls I know. It's an older brother instinct. Feminists would have me think that that's a horribly wrong chauvanist attitude. Others would tell me I'm only doing it because I want in their pants. The girls I'm actually looking out for appreciate the thought. I wonder whose opinion I'm going to take.

This comment is more about the harassment issue rather than diversity.

First guys, you have to admit that some of you are complete morons. And that you can be disgusting creatures. Some of the things men say, should be saved for the 'locker room'. Most of that kind of talk is very demeaning to woman. If someone said such things about your mother, you'd punch them. There isn't anything a woman can say in retaliation that can demean a man in return. At least, I've yet to find it. Sure I can wait to find his insecurities & hit him with that, but there is no name or word that affects a man that way.

That being established, :D Some of this depends on the looks of a man and how the woman feels towards him. Not too many woman would file a complaint against Mr. Hollywood making a comment about how swell she looks . It's that bald, overweight, horny, wrinkle suited guy that slobbers when he talks to you.

Most women do not mind being comlimented . But, it also depends on whether the man is persistent in his 'off color' comments. There is a fine line.
There is a scene in the movie, 'The Ghost & Mr. Chicken' where there's a young busty bankteller. The bank manager comes in & looks at her & gets that silly look on his face & says, "My Miss Whoever, that sure is a beautiful sweater you have on today". And we know full well, it isn't the sweater. No way will the feminists let that go in today's movies.

I know a young woman who grabs at certain men's crotches when she walks past them. This is not in an office where I've seen it. Maybe she does that there, too. How do you men feel about that? If I were the wife/girlfriend of one of these men, she'd be drawing back a bloody stump. But no one calls her on it.

As for diversity, men were created men for a reason the same as women were created for theirs. We're being herded into a same thinking, beige society. It's nice that I now have the opportunity to persue a particular career if I so choose. But what did the bra burning really achieve?

Joz said:

First guys, you have to admit that some of you are complete morons. And that you can be disgusting creatures. Some of the things men say, should be saved for the 'locker room'. Most of that kind of talk is very demeaning to woman. If someone said such things about your mother, you'd punch them. There isn't anything a woman can say in retaliation that can demean a man in return. At least, I've yet to find it. Sure I can wait to find his insecurities & hit him with that, but there is no name or word that affects a man that way.

That being established, :D Some of this depends on the looks of a man and how the woman feels towards him. Not too many woman would file a complaint against Mr. Hollywood making a comment about how swell she looks . It's that bald, overweight, horny, wrinkle suited guy that slobbers when he talks to you.

Most women do not mind being comlimented . But, it also depends on whether the man is persistent in his 'off color' comments. There is a fine line.
There is a scene in the movie, 'The Ghost & Mr. Chicken' where there's a young busty bankteller. The bank manager comes in & looks at her & gets that silly look on his face & says, "My Miss Whoever, that sure is a beautiful sweater you have on today". And we know full well, it isn't the sweater. No way will the feminists let that go in today's movies.

I know a young woman who grabs at certain men's crotches when she walks past them. This is not in an office where I've seen it. Maybe she does that there, too. How do you men feel about that? If I were the wife/girlfriend of one of these men, she'd be drawing back a bloody stump. But no one calls her on it.

As for diversity, men were created men for a reason the same as women were created for theirs. We're being herded into a same thinking, beige society. It's nice that I now have the opportunity to persue a particular career if I so choose. But what did the bra burning really achieve?
A big foundation sale at Sears ? :cof:

Joz said:

First guys, you have to admit that some of you are complete morons.

thats it...........

i plan on filing a complaint .... as a "moron" i am offend at you complete lack of sensitivity.... because of my confliciting chromosomal make up and genetic predisposition not to mention years of emotional and psycological abuse by women i am not capable of any thing but harassing beahvior and i need to be treated with the same tollerance and acceptance as:

that flammer with a full beard, a slinky dress, fish nets, combat boots, tatoos, pierced body parts all connected by a chain disapearing to god knows where and a nice rack dating the HR director.

my behavior is not a choice...no one would chose this..............

I had to attend one of these. I gave the facilitator a run for his money. He was so OBVIOUS in his homo-hood, that he made Elton John look straight.

I was constantly pointing out the contradictions and virtual mind control of the whole thing-how they want us to accept people who are different, yet if we all think LIKE HIM, we would then be the same. After a while he wouldn't even call on me anymore, even if I 'raised my hand' as he had us do. I then announced that I felt discriminated against, and excluded, because I had the audacity to question him and why everything contradicted itself. My supervisor at the time was conservative, so he had the same feelings, and would point stuff out too. He pulled me aside afterward, and bought me lunch. He said no one in his time there, had the guts to say anything, and basically stump the facilitator. The DT took place every year because of corporate in Denver, not the local office.

Forum List

Back