District 9, gets my vote for best movie of 2009.

Racist?

That's ok though, I've seen it twice, so your ticket is covered. :)

-TSO

Read some of the analysis of Avatar on this message board. You will understand what I am saying by calling Avatar "racist".

That's ok, I am more than able to see a movie on my own to make my own decisions on whether it is racist or not. Did I mention I saw it twice? Both at an IMAX theater. Good stuff.

-TSO

Racist?

That's ok though, I've seen it twice, so your ticket is covered. :)

-TSO

Read some of the analysis of Avatar on this message board. You will understand what I am saying by calling Avatar "racist".

That's ok, I am more than able to see a movie on my own to make my own decisions on whether it is racist or not. Did I mention I saw it twice? Both at an IMAX theater. Good stuff.

-TSO

I personally think it is a waste of good money. You could have made 3 or 4 good movies with the money they spent on this Avatar, grown up Cartoon garbage.!1

-TSO

I personally think it is a waste of good money. You could have made 3 or 4 good movies with the money they spent on this Avatar, grown up Cartoon garbage.!1

Well, seeing that the movie just surpassed the previous number one of all time, I'd say you are way off on your impression that the film was garbage.

That being said, how exactly do you know it's garbage? From reading the conservative critic's reviews of the movie? Or just guessing?

-TSO

-TSO

Well, seeing that the movie just surpassed the previous number one of all time, I'd say you are way off on your impression that the film was garbage.

That being said, how exactly do you know it's garbage? From reading the conservative critic's reviews of the movie? Or just guessing?

-TSO

I know its garbage just from seeing some of the out takes. It looks like a Kiddie movie to me, I would not spend my money to go see it.!!

Last edited:
I know its garbage just from seeing some of the out takes. It looks like a Kiddie movie to me, I would not spend my money to go see it.!!

Looks like a kiddie movie? You're an idiot.

And you think they money spent to make it was a waste? Tell that to Fox and James Cameron. I don't think they'll hear you from inside their pile of cash.

Also, District 9 was good. No more impressive than Avatar, but no less impressive either. If I had to pick a best movie of the year, Up wins by a mile.

Also, District 9 was good. No more impressive than Avatar, but no less impressive either. If I had to pick a best movie of the year, Up wins by a mile.

There were onions in the theater for the first fifteen minutes or so of Up. :eusa_whistle:

Looks like a kiddie movie? You're an idiot.

And you think they money spent to make it was a waste? Tell that to Fox and James Cameron. I don't think they'll hear you from inside their pile of cash.

In my opinion it looks like a Kiddie movie , not something a grown person would go to see.
I also hear that it may have racist undertones.!!
So why should I waste my money on racist Kiddie movie overrated garbage.?

In my opinion it looks like a Kiddie movie , not something a grown person would go to see.

Then you are wrong. It's far from a kiddie movie. Sure it's animated, so what. In regards to racist undertones, I'm not sure who is telling you that, but they are incorrect.

Either way it's no skin off my back if you don't see it. It's your loss.

-TSO

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

Yet, millions of grown people have gone to see it.

Depends on how you take it. I could see how it could have racial undertones, if one is overly sensitive to such things. It's a story, and not a political or social message. That's how I see it. How others see it is up to them. But if you've predetermined that it has racial undertones, I won't bother trying to change your mind. Your ignorance is your own bliss, not mine.

You saw and loved District 9. It's also animated. It has just as many racial undertones, if not more. It's also just as overrated as Avatar. The end.

I rented it this weekend as well. Good flick, good twists. Better than Avater? Not really, but still a very good movie.

-TSO

I rented it this weekend as well. Good flick, good twists. Better than Avater? Not really, but still a very good movie.

-TSO

I feel District 9 , is the better movie. As I said AVATAR, seems very childish, cartoonish,
and I've been hearing that it may have racist undertones.

Forum List

Back