Disney's Reputation Jumps, Drops

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
So, Disney is a hero to lefties and the opposite to righties. Translation: their sales are doomed if they only want business from 50% of Americans. In most businesses, you can't afford to cede half your market and still survive. Not that I'm saying they will go out of business but this is a huge hit for a company who used to attract customers from the 100%.

The last I checked their investors have seen a 10% decrease in stock value over the past year.
Yeah, and you can bet they are full blown lying to their shareholders, telling them to be patient as this is just a short term blip, meanwhile another few thousand jobs are being sliced.

Any company that isn't in business due to being involved in politics should stay the hell away from them. But then again, ESG scores are systematically ruining a lot of companies.

If I were Disney and saw all the political and social agenda shit going on I would stay the hell away from it. They make money by entertaining people, you'd think they wouldn't want to alienate or turn off any potential customers.

Whatever you're selling the idea is to sell to as many people as possible. That means just stick to what you do and stay away from the rest.

So, Disney is a hero to lefties and the opposite to righties. Translation: their sales are doomed if they only want business from 50% of Americans. In most businesses, you can't afford to cede half your market and still survive. Not that I'm saying they will go out of business but this is a huge hit for a company who used to attract customers from the 100%.

And I'd say that the people they're currently catering to make up about 15% of Americans. Then there are the thick-skulled Americans that don't care (another 15%). Then there's the rest of us. So Disney is selling their ideology to around 30% of America and snubbing their nose at the other 70%. Bye, bye Disney.

These are the most "polarizing" companies on their list, meaning they have the biggest difference between Dem and Repubs.

It does not seem to be hurting most of them.

1684952555765.png

This is a stark reminder of how politics invades every single aspect of our lives.

Everything for so many people is now seen though partisan eyes.

One more reason to get the heck out when I can.

Funny how a lot of Republicans will still visit their parks though...and say otherwise. :)
Disney's business is down because of the economic environment. Not a real shock.

Disney buying the nerdiest franchise ever (star wars) might save them.

This is a stark reminder of how politics invades every single aspect of our lives.

Everything for so many people is now seen though partisan eyes.

One more reason to get the heck out when I can.
LOL. So, you've found a place that isn't partisan?

Forum List

Back