Dismantle all welfare programs.

According to the Founders and the idea of True Liberty, Minimum Government intrusion upon the States and the people and their affairs.

Really now? Find me where Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, Washington, Jackson, or any of the other founders told people that whole spiel you made about essential true liberty being sink or swim.

How about we get RID of the entire TAX CODE...and go with the FairTax...or similiar?

The TAX code is the majority of the problem since it allows Government to manipulate people and their liberty? Direct taxation wasn't in the cards at the founding of the Republic.

See Gilbert, this would be the next "logical" step after getting rid of welfare according to some. So what would be your plan then Gilbert?

Ironically, people railing against a progressive tax would just want to replace it with another.

In that veign? What was the origional idea of taxation according to how the Constitution was set up to fund Government?

Can you answer that?

According to the Founders and the idea of True Liberty, Minimum Government intrusion upon the States and the people and their affairs.

Really now? Find me where Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, Washington, Jackson, or any of the other founders told people that whole spiel you made about essential true liberty being sink or swim.

You are taking the idea down the wrong road and you know it. Nice diversionary tactic...doesn't work here bub. :eusa_hand:

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

-- James Madison

In that veign? What was the origional idea of taxation according to how the Constitution was set up to fund Government?

Can you answer that?

Sure.

[Representatives and direct Taxes] shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included the union, according to their respective numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole number of free persons, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other persons.

Of course, three fifths of all other persons in this case being slaves.

So Thomas, did you write off your slaves last year?

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

-- James Madison

""A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." ~
Alexander Tytler

How about we get RID of the entire TAX CODE...and go with the FairTax...or similiar?

The TAX code is the majority of the problem since it allows Government to manipulate people and their liberty? Direct taxation wasn't in the cards at the founding of the Republic.

Here's my understanding of the FairTax:
(1) A stock broker who sells $15,000 purchase of a stock IPO will have a tax based only on the amount of the transaction fee. Let's say that amounts to $150.

(2) Now consider a doctor who performs a operation that after insurance costs the patient $15,000 out-of-pocket. His tax liability will be around $4500.

(3) Place your mom in a nursing home in the states and the tax will be enourmous. Send her down to Costa Rico and avoid any built-in FairTax cost liablities.

Thus I don't see how the FairTax is any less manipulative in its initial implementation and I certainly consider it naive to think isn't even more open to manipulation than the income tax. Seems you have faith that leaving the sales and services tax rate up to politicians will not leave us at their will to decide Bibles should be taxed less than Playboys, wool less than furs, and so on.

SUre, and watch crime go up when starving people get desperate and turn to other methods to survive, like robbing and stealing

What I'm interested in knowing is how the troll defines "welfare."

If it is anything like any entitlement program administered by the government at taxpayer expense... I think the goal to eliminate welfare is a great one... not that I think it is something easily done... as once (and unfortunately) something gets into our overbloated and red tape filled government, it is hard to get it back out

SUre, and watch crime go up when starving people get desperate and turn to other methods to survive, like robbing and stealing

If one has a propensity for crime.. welfare handouts are not going to prevent that action...

The lazy will just have to do something hocking such as work and providing for their own needs

If one has a propensity for crime.. welfare handouts are not going to prevent that action...

The lazy will just have to do something hocking such as work and providing for their own needs
Yes.

I believe social conditioning is another factor into Dr. Gregg's theory as well.

You assume that everyone on welfare is lazy? How ignorant.

If he's talking about welfare that doesn't have to do with farms, corporations, etc. but assistance, I wouldn't say ignorant. Not EVERY one on assitance is lazy but a good number are.

Wow... nice adding to the actual statement I made.... that vast majority on welfare are lazy, as in they are able bodied and simply do not work to support themselves... there are some, very few, that are truly UNABLE to take care of themselves... and those should be wards of the state if they are on the government tit and not being taken care of by family, themselves, or others in a voluntary and personal way

Many left wingers try and say that most on welfare are 'needy', when the reality is that they are want-y

If he's talking about welfare that doesn't have to do with farms, corporations, etc. but assistance, I wouldn't say ignorant. Not EVERY one on assitance is lazy but a good number are.

On that note... I do not believe in corporate welfare nor other government subsidies to businesses or corporations either

Wow... nice adding to the actual statement I made.... that vast majority on welfare are lazy, as in they are able bodied and simply do not work to support themselves... there are some, very few, that are truly UNABLE to take care of themselves... and those should be wards of the state if they are on the government tit and not being taken care of by family, themselves, or others in a voluntary and personal way

Many left wingers try and say that most on welfare are 'needy', when the reality is that they are want-y

Link?

You do realize the problem with your last statement right? That's like saying:

Not EVERY one who is a Christian wants homosexuals to be killed or deported, but a good number do. Therefore, christians want homosexuals to be killed or deported.

I use this example because of your signature.

Here's my understanding of the FairTax:
(1) A stock broker who sells $15,000 purchase of a stock IPO will have a tax based only on the amount of the transaction fee. Let's say that amounts to $150.

(2) Now consider a doctor who performs a operation that after insurance costs the patient $15,000 out-of-pocket. His tax liability will be around $4500.

(3) Place your mom in a nursing home in the states and the tax will be enourmous. Send her down to Costa Rico and avoid any built-in FairTax cost liablities.

Thus I don't see how the FairTax is any less manipulative in its initial implementation and I certainly consider it naive to think isn't even more open to manipulation than the income tax. Seems you have faith that leaving the sales and services tax rate up to politicians will not leave us at their will to decide Bibles should be taxed less than Playboys, wool less than furs, and so on.

If's-And's-Butts aside?

What is the FairTax plan?

The FairTax plan is a comprehensive proposal that replaces all federal income and payroll based taxes with an integrated approach including a progressive national retail sales tax, a prebate to ensure no American pays federal taxes on spending up to the poverty level, dollar-for-dollar federal revenue neutrality, and, through companion legislation, the repeal of the 16th Amendment.

The FairTax Act (HR 25, S 296) is nonpartisan legislation. It abolishes all federal personal and corporate income taxes, gift, estate, capital gains, alternative minimum, Social Security, Medicare, and self-employment taxes and replaces them with one simple, visible, federal retail sales tax administered primarily by existing state sales tax authorities.

The FairTax taxes us only on what we choose to spend on new goods or services, not on what we earn. The FairTax is a fair, efficient, transparent, and intelligent solution to the frustration and inequity of our current tax system.

SOURCE

No pretenses. You keep your own paycheck in FULL. You pay tax on anything you BUY...23% across the board...period.

And it's more in line with commerce, and taxation upon commerce as originally intended by the Founders to fund government, -AND- to keep that government limited...and force the same government to live within their means as WE are expected to.

And of course not to punish certain segments of society that oft become targets of money-hungry/Power hungry Government bureaucrats.

You do realize the problem with your last statement right? That's like saying:

Not EVERY one who is a Christian wants homosexuals to be killed or deported, but a good number do. Therefore, christians want homosexuals to be killed or deported.

I use this example because of your signature.
Very weak comparison, as I didn't say welfare was for the lazy. I ended my sentence with "A good number on assistance are lazy." I didn't continue to say "Therefore, public assistance is for the lazy."

Forum List

Back