Disgusting Perverts come in all shapes and sizes

Omg, you guys are such asshats.

Here's the thing...people get "mad" when they find out that hey, you should be CHECKING on your flipping kids when they're at the sitters, and if a sitter has a man in the house during the hours my kids are being watched, unless it's just incidental (he gets off work an hour before I do, or comes home for lunch..and passes a fucking background check) my kids aren't there.

Open door policy. If you aren't able to surprise your sitter because of the nature of your work, you get someone else to do it. Drop by unannounced. THESE ARE YOUR KIDS for Chrissakes. It's just STUPID to assume everyone is sweetness and light and has their best interests at heart. The only person between children and destruction is THEIR GUARDIANS and if they let down their guard, the kids are going to suffer.

I would die without my sitter. But believe me, she has a completely open door policy, there are no men in the household, she is out & about most of the time with the kids, zipping them to and from school, the park, music lessons, activities. I can (and do) walk into her home at any time my kids are there without knocking. I'm blessed in that my job allows me to do that. If it didn't, I would find a way to arrange with other parents to make sure someone was always checking. It's our JOB. And I adore this woman. But who knows what could happen...kids come and go, she has grandchildren (who are wonderful kids, but they're 3 boys, 14-10) and kids she has babysat down through the years who are now too old for babysitting come and spend time with her as well. Which is actually a good sign, the kids are reluctant to let her go after years of being cared for her, there's always at least one hanger-on. It takes them about a year to get used to not being there all the time, and she is wonderful about that. It made me nervous at first, but she watches them like a hawk.

But I'm not complacent. Nobody should be, about their kids. ESPECIALLY infants and kids who cannot communicate verbally.

Forum List

Back