Difference Between Education and Intelligence

2. Education is an extrinsic or external force provided by a third party

So who controls this external force.

What is stopping the student from selecting his/her own books.

The trouble is a 6 year old hardly has any idea what to select. So why don't we have a National Recommended Reading List by now. Why aren't parents demanding one rather than worrying about school reform.

School reform and education reform are not necessarily the same things.

Our educators and politicians can't think of something as simple as mandatory accounting in the schools. Double-entry accounting is 700 years old but these computers are not even 70 years old.

psik

The trouble is a 6 year old hardly has any idea what to select. So why don't we have a National Recommended Reading List by now. Why aren't parents demanding one rather than worrying about school reform.

Do you really want the government telling you what they think you should read? Think this one through.

Most Parenting Organizations have a recommended reading list for all ages if you look for them.

I'd actually recommend the banned book list, if you actually want to read good stuff :)

Last edited:

Do you really want the government telling you what they think you should read? Think this one through.

Most Parenting Organizations have a recommended reading list for all ages if you look for them.

I'd actually recommend the banned book list, if you actually want to read good stuff :)

Just because it is recommended does not mean anybody has to read it. I have looked at plenty of them. Most are just a list of books with no explanation for why a book is on the list. And just because I read a book does no mean I believe in it. I bought Cultural Literacy when William Bennett was recommending it in the 80s. I think it is silly culturally biased trash. The dates of all the wars were important buy not the Moon landing. I mostly laughed at it.

I found on list that had The Afflueint Society by John Kenneth Galbraith. I would suggest his Age of Uncertainty instead because it also has a BBC video and broader scope on economics but that isn't a bad choice. Maybe I should use that as a criteria. Any book list that does not include at least one book by Galbraith must be crap. LOL

Galbraith was in the government on two occasions. I don't assume that anything from the government MUST be bad.

Here is one. But no explanations with the books.

http://www.thevenusproject.com/blog/?page_id=34

psik

Last edited:
There is vast difference between the Education & Intelligence.. Both ideas involve knowledge but it's totally different to each other. In Education, you develop your natural intelligence in different ways. In Intelligence, It's an innate and natural ability that we are born with. :eusa_clap:

I'm familiar with IQ and EQ, but they are both only as good as your critical thinking skills and ability to thing contextually. This is what college is all about, high school on the other hand is all about creating good little sheep. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, and you can put a man through school but you can't make him think.

Last edited:
Education vs Intelligence

There is a vast difference between education and intelligence. Both ideas involve knowledge; however, they are fundamentally different concepts.

Intelligence is an innate and natural ability that we are born with. It involves our natural abilities. Traditionally this was measured with an IQ or intelligence quotient quiz. Psychologists have in recent years come to consider the IQ test too limited to truly measure intelligence and Gardener’s multiple intelligences pedagogy has become more established.

Read more: Difference Between Education and Intelligence | Difference Between | Education vs Intelligence Difference Between Education and Intelligence | Difference Between | Education vs Intelligence
Difference Between Education and Intelligence | Difference Between | Education vs Intelligence

psik

You can have all the intelligence in the world and without an education in "engineering" you will not be hired as an engineer. The right wing has neither.

Forum List

Back