Diebold admits programming flaw

Why not just take care of it before this presidential elections...then no one gets to cry foul.... it is BETTER for ALL of us, no matter the side of the political aisle, to get this thing fixed or nixed....i don't want my side to win in a fraudulent manner and i seriously doubt that my opposition party wants to win that way either, because it means that ALL OF US lose our democratic Republic, and what little control we have, or think we have... :)

You mean like we fixed it after 2000 by rushing into buying machines you now claim are worse then the supposed problems in 2000? Why don't you cry babies just learn to accept when you have lost?

When in doubt, pull out the ole race card!

300px-Lynching-of-lige-daniels.jpg

.ngbiwm.com/Exhibits/Lynching%20in%20the%20United%20States%20-%20Wikipedia,%20the%20free%20encyclopedia_files/300px-Lynching-of-lige-daniels.jpg
um, what year was that?
and i bet a lot of those people are democrats ;)

Last edited:
Kirt .... what was your purpose of posting that photograph? To show how racist you are?

You should be ashamed of yourself for even posting. It is people like yourself that cause hostility between the races. There was no point ..... zero! for you to do so! Your ignorance goes all the way back to the 60's and I sincerely hope that Gunny gives you a warning for posting it - if he doesn't kick your ass off of the board - which he should do!

Kirt .... what was your purpose of posting that photograph? To show how racist you are?

You should be ashamed of yourself for even posting. It is people like yourself that cause hostility between the races. There was no point ..... zero! for you to do so! Your ignorance goes all the way back to the 60's and I sincerely hope that Gunny gives you a warning for posting it - if he doesn't kick your ass off of the board - which he should do!

Some people don't want to admit there is racism in America.

The truth is sometimes painful to look at, I am sorry you are offended by it.

Trust me! I have already sent a note to the moderator that is online at this moment, and I am sending one to Gunny as well! You are WAY OUT OF LINE!

A point that you can make without posting images of murdered corpses.

Thanks! I see my protest reached you ... at least I hope it did. That was the first time I felt the need to protest against ANYONE on any forum I have EVER been on. So I did not know if my message to you and Gunny would be received.

Thanks again for letting him know that he was OUT OF LINE!

how does a photo from about 50 years ago(or more) show that racism is predominant today?

You mean like we fixed it after 2000 by rushing into buying machines you now claim are worse then the supposed problems in 2000? Why don't you cry babies just learn to accept when you have lost?

The Democrats for the MOST PART were against the electronic voting machines from Diebold....this is NOT something new coming out now...state by state the democrats insisted on a paper trail with the diebold machines but the REPUBLICANS in office fought the Democrats in office TOOTH AND NAIL against doing such...WHY IS THAT, ret sgt? Why did the republicans INSIST, absolutely insist, that these electronic machines be put in place WITHOUT A paper trail?

Florida, is just one of the states where the republicans INSISTED on the electronic machines without paper trails where the dems were absolutely against it.....

stop rewriting history to make your side seem better....now.

The Democrats for the MOST PART were against the electronic voting machines from Diebold....this is NOT something new coming out now...state by state the democrats insisted on a paper trail with the diebold machines but the REPUBLICANS in office fought the Democrats in office TOOTH AND NAIL against doing such...WHY IS THAT, ret sgt? Why did the republicans INSIST, absolutely insist, that these electronic machines be put in place WITHOUT A paper trail?

Florida, is just one of the states where the republicans INSISTED on the electronic machines without paper trails where the dems were absolutely against it.....

stop rewriting history to make your side seem better....now.

Proof of this S&P, or simply the pot calling the kettle black?

I was not watching the elections so closely in 2000, and I'm centrist in any case - so I don't know if the democrats insisted on HAVA or not. I know that it passed easily. It was, I believe, supposed to help disabled voters or something, and of course the hanging chad and butterfly ballot problem. I do remember heated discussions about the stupidity of moving to electronic machines. Especially machines without a paper trail.

I also know that Bob Ney (of Freedom Fries fame) drafted the legislation. Here's an amusing and sad quote from the movie 'freeforall' which I recommend people watch.

Diebold paid Bob Ney’s former chief of staff, David DiStefano, 180,000 dollars, and Jack Abramoff 275,000 dollars to convince Bob Ney to include their machines as part of HAVA. Jack Abramoff was later convicted of bribing Bob Ney. And now, in the 2006 race, Bob Ney pled guilty to corruption charges in the Abramoff scandal. He drops his bid for reelection and checks into rehab. One of Ney’s aides reported that he would start drinking at 7:30 in the morning That means that the laws that we now have that govern our national elections were written by a criminal, while drunk

So, the republicans were certainly in it deep. If the democrats were pushing for this, which I don't recall one way or the other, it looks like the republicans were pushing right along, although maybe for different reasons (cashola).

I am glad to see that Diebold (Premier) has admitted that their code is grossly inadequate at best, and I am glad they are being sued for breach of contract. As for why democrats don't stop crying when they have lost, I can't speak for them except I wouldn't want either side to stop crying if they think there are any grounds that our democracy is corrupt. If the democrats in Ohio had stopped crying in 2006, the code error that drops votes in urban areas would not have been found. Crying is not a bad thing.

Last edited:
I was not watching the elections so closely in 2000, and I'm centrist in any case - so I don't know if the democrats insisted on HAVA or not. I know that it passed easily. It was, I believe, supposed to help disabled voters or something, and of course the hanging chad and butterfly ballot problem. I do remember heated discussions about the stupidity of moving to electronic machines. Especially machines without a paper trail.

I also know that Bob Ney (of Freedom Fries fame) drafted the legislation. Here's an amusing and sad quote from the movie 'freeforall' which I recommend people watch.

So, the republicans were certainly in it deep. If the democrats were pushing for this, which I don't recall one way or the other, it looks like the republicans were pushing right along, although maybe for different reasons (cashola).

I am glad to see that Diebold (Premier) has admitted that their code is grossly inadequate at best, and I am glad they are being sued for breach of contract. As for why democrats don't stop crying when they have lost, I can't speak for them except I wouldn't want either side to stop crying if they think there are any grounds that our democracy is corrupt.[/QUOTE]

precisely cali

I am glad to see that Diebold (Premier) has admitted that their code is grossly inadequate at best, and I am glad they are being sued for breach of contract. As for why democrats don't stop crying when they have lost, I can't speak for them except I wouldn't want either side to stop crying if they think there are any grounds that our democracy is corrupt.

Then BOTH parties need to come up with a system that BOTH parties agree is fair. I don't want to HEAR any of these bastards whining when they are in charge of it.

Forum List

Back