America - Freedom to Fascism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by coolgeee, Aug 24, 2008.

1. coolgeee

coolgeee Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Aaron's work in the realm of activism proved to be invaluable and selfless. He will be perpetually revered as a true patriot and tireless fighter for our freedom. We must continue to venerate Aaron's legacy as we move forward by honoring his great words: "There are no boundaries one must adhere to when preserving one's liberty".

watch it now:
    Editorial Digest: Keeping You Informed!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Here are Aaron Russo's

Primary Objectives

• Stop the polarization of America - Good luck with that
    • Stop the domination of the Democratic and Republican parties over our political system - And that, too.
    • Shut down the Federal Reserve system - And replace it with what?
    • Return America's gold to Fort Knox and have it audited - Where is it now?
    • Have Congress and the IRS, in a public forum, reveal the law that requires Americans to pay a direct, unapportioned tax on their labor.- I preume they meant rePeal that law?
    • Make computerized voting illegal in all 50 states - YES
    • Keep the internet free and out of the control of large institutions - It is already in control of large organziations, but keeping it free is a grand idea.
    • Rescind the law called the Real ID Act so Americans never have to carry a National ID Card - Papers? We don' need no stinkin' papers!
    • Make it illegal to implant RFID chips in human beings -Throw in free online access and I might be inclined to accept that chip
    • Educate juries to the fact that they have the right to determine the law as well as the facts of a case - Grand idea
    • Educate juries to the fact that they are not obligated to follow the instructions of a judge - Grander idea
    • Stop Globalization because it is the path to a one world government - Ya' think?
    • Protect our borders - Yes
    • Restore the environment - Of course.. to the best of our ability
    • Put an end to the Patriot Act - And the War on Drugs from whence most of it stemmed
    • Sign up millions of Americans so we can accomplish our objectives - Millions of Americans are already on board with some or most of those goals. Nobody in power much cares.

3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,188
    What did we do before 1913 when the Federal Reserve took over?
    JP Morgan, Rockafellor and Carnege took the gold

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617

We saw people lose everything they had in the bank when PRIVATE BANKS went belly up, for one thing.

Hey, I'm all for changing the Federal Reserve system, Seal, I just want to know what system we're planning on changing our into.

If you believe what we had before is better, I'm here to tell you it was not.

5. wayne

wayne Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I don’t believe that we have enough gold to support all the currency we have in circulation. I am not sure there is enough gold in the world to do that.

6. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Juries have a right to determine the law in a case? Hang on I know where they dreamed that one up - they cocked up the idea of jury nullification. Okay, since I've had this little argument elsewhere I know where this bloke is coming from and it's way over there on the right :D

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    We don't, Wayne.

That's why moving off the gold standard made sense, frankly.

If all currency was linked in some formal way to the amount of gold sitting in some central bank, and we lived in an growing economy, then the price of everything would have to continually be going down to balance the value of the GDP else against the bsically finite amount of gold.

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    Of course a jury doesn't have the right to determine the law to be applied to a case. Nor do they have the right to ignore the judge's instructions.

9. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    That's what I thought. I think someone somewhere has misunderstood Blackstone's famous remarks about the "pious perjury of the jury".

I have had this particular little blue elsewhere, where I've been told a US jury is entitled to "strike down" a law if they disagree with it.

I countered with what is probably an apocryphal story from western Queensland here in Australia (warning, long shaggy dog-type story coming up).

A pastoralist (rancher) from western Queensland was arrested by the Stock Squad (detectives who investigate offences in the rural industry such as cattle/shee/horse theft) for stealing cleanskins (unbranded cattle) from neighbouring properties. You have to understand that pastoral properties here are big. There's one in my state that's the size of Belgium (Anna Creek). Anyway, this pastoralist is on trial in front of judge and jury in a western Queensland town. His jury is indeed a jury of his peers. They are all pastorialists. And as pastorialists they know they have all knocked off cleanskins from one another at times. It's just this time this pastoralist was greedy and took too many from too many people. But the pastoralists saw themselves standing in the dock as well.

Time came for the jury verdict. The jury trooped back in from the jury room and the Clerk of the Court asked for the verdict. It was a straightforward case of cattle duffing (rustling). Imagine the shock in the courtroom when in response to the Clerk of Court's request the jury foreman said:

"Not guilty your honour".

The judge stared, the prosecutor went crimson, the defence counsel smirked and the defendant's jaw dropped open.

But the jury foreman hadn't finished,

"Provided he hands the cattle back, your honour"

:D

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Then why bother having them?