Did you survive the great American sequestration or the last depression inducing govt shutdown?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Yeah......these are the adjectives the left would like you to believe we're accurate in their descriptions.

Oddly enough even as bad as our economy was prior to those two situations they didn't even register as a blip on the radar or a speed bump on the road.

Yet many republicans are shying away from their promises to stop Obamacare & Amnesty citing that Americans will blame them.

I am sick of having cowards represent me..... Fuck your god damn reelection. You are there to represent ME not your career.

Just one more reason we need term limits.

Didn't affect me at all and I'm all for term limits for those Clowns in DC.

I didn't even notice.

But then again I'm not dependent on the fucking government.

Yeah, lets cut back on things like security in our consulates over-seas and in VA hospitals back at home. After all, we're maxed out in both areas.

The Sun was supposed to fall out of the sky... Life as we know it was to cease to exist...
I don't think that happened...

Yeah, lets cut back on things like security in our consulates over-seas and in VA hospitals back at home. After all, we're maxed out in both areas.

You are either uninformed OR you are being intentionally dishonest. The GOP bent over backwards to give Obama the ability to make sensible cuts, instead the jackass intentionally made the cuts as disruptive and stupid as possible for purely political reasons. FACT!

You are either uninformed OR you are being intentionally dishonest. The GOP bent over backwards to give Obama the ability to make sensible cuts, instead the jackass intentionally made the cuts as disruptive and stupid as possible for purely political reasons. FACT!

Boehner's shutdown and the sequestration caused the gaps in service (criminal activity was not caused by Boehner's shutdown, that was just unethical a-holes who should be spending several years in prison--this is a great failing of Obama) and cutbacks in seemingly innocuous places.

Yeah...............I survived it. Didn't much appreciate the fact that I had to wonder about whether or not I was going to get my Military Pension check for almost the whole month.

Luckily, ever since they started grumbling about shutting the government down over 4 years ago, it spurred me to increase my savings so that if it happens, I'm gonna be able to live off of my savings for a couple of months.

If you personally didn't notice the shutdown, go ask someone who was on active duty in the Military during the time of the last one how they felt about it. A lot of Military families live paycheck to paycheck, especially those at the lower ranks, and they missed one of them and had to wait to get it. When I went through one back in the mid 90's, Navy Relief and other assistance organizations (Red Cross included) were BUSY trying to help people cover their bills.

Oh yeah...............let's not forget that the last shutdown cost the U.S. Taxpayer 24 BILLION dollars.

That's a lot of money that could have funded a lot of things.

Yeah......these are the adjectives the left would like you to believe we're accurate in their descriptions.

Oddly enough even as bad as our economy was prior to those two situations they didn't even register as a blip on the radar or a speed bump on the road.

Yet many republicans are shying away from their promises to stop Obamacare & Amnesty citing that Americans will blame them.

I am sick of having cowards represent me..... Fuck your god damn reelection. You are there to represent ME not your career.

Just one more reason we need term limits.

Thanks for bringing this up.

It's good to remind people how hyperbolic federal politics are.

You don't hear much about it which is very interesting....given that it was supposed to cause another big recession.

And we put these assholes in charge of our health care ?

Oh yeah...............let's not forget that the last shutdown cost the U.S. Taxpayer 24 BILLION dollars.

That's a lot of money that could have funded a lot of things.

Please explain how it cost us 24 Billion Dollars.

Not a problem......................here's the link.

Shutdown took 24 billion bite out of economy - Oct. 16 2013

The United States may have dodged an economic catastrophe by raising the debt ceiling and opening the government, but it didn't emerge from the political debacle unscathed.
The 16-day government shutdown took a $24 billion chunk out of the U.S. economy, according to an initial analysis from Standard & Poor's.

You, bitches, listen up, :lol:

Listening, no one is going to post stuff that is common knowledge. You don't deserve "just once more," so no. If someone does post it, they know you are a lame head and just being nice to you.

The American public blamed the GOP last time and they will again.

The United States may have dodged an economic catastrophe by raising the debt ceiling and opening the government, but it didn't emerge from the political debacle unscathed.
The 16-day government shutdown took a $24 billion chunk out of the U.S. economy, according to an initial analysis from Standard & Poor's.

You, bitches, listen up, :lol:

Listening, no one is going to post stuff that is common knowledge. You don't deserve "just once more," so no. If someone does post it, they know you are a lame head and just being nice to you.

The American public blamed the GOP last time and they will again.

Suck on it Fakey,

Why would anyone pay attention to a pussy like you who hides behind excuses when challenged to go one-on-one.

STFU.

Yes, I've read this tripe before.

A lot of it is estimates on uncollected fines and taxes.

Much of it is also money spent to plan for the shutdown. This is money we were already spending and cost us nothing more.

I am not saying it didn't cost us...but the 24 billion is nothing but hyperbolic horsecrap.

Like I said Listening, the last shutdown cost us 24 billion.

If the Reps want to cut down on spending, wouldn't keeping the government open be a good start? It's even been said that it would have been CHEAPER to keep it open.

Just another example of tax dollars being wasted for partisan politics.

And yeah...................if it happens again, I'm gonna blame the GOP for it, because that is what they keep saying they want.

"Did you survive the great American sequestration or the last depression inducing govt shutdown?"

And don't forget the credit rating downgrade – all three brought to you by the republican House, and all three put a drag on economic recovery in an effort to make Obama a 'one term president.'

Forum List

Back