Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Trump: You people really believed me?

Politics
Trump: You people really believed me?
The Charlotte Observer Sat, Aug 6 11:19 AM PDT
812ba096d3a019e7af1bc46bec167dcd

In a turn of events that shocked the political world and threw the presidential race into unprecedented turmoil, Donald J. Trump announced yesterday that he is quitting the race and endorsing Hillary Clinton. Trump said the only point of his campaign was to show how stupid and gullible many Republican voters are. “I’ve been a Democrat all of my adult life,” Trump told a packed and boisterous news conference. “But I knew if I ran as a Republican and said increasingly ridiculous, idiotic, racist and sexist things that I would get a lot of votes.” But he said he had no idea he would be able to win the Republican nomination and poll 40 percent or better in a national race against Clinton.

My apologies to everyone. When I see a news article in Yahoo news I take it for granted it is actual news and not some trick.

Its an OP ED for gullible idiots.
So the Charlotte Observer is satire? I've never heard of them before but this story is running on the top page of Yahoo news.
No its a real newspaper but its an OP ED...aka the writers opinion and in this case what he wants to happen and thinks will.
That wasn't a writer's opinion. That was a writer's propaganda hit piece that had no basis of fact in it. I thought an Op ed writer was supposed to write their opinion based upon facts. Not fiction. I'm amazed that Yahoo put this story at the top of their page!

Did Trump just resign from the race? I just saw this news article and am wondering what in the world is going on. Did he really hold a press conference and say these things?
It's scary that people like you get to vote. You can't even discern reality from sarcastic satire. No wonder we get people like Barack Obama and Hitlery Clinton elected to public offices. :eusa_doh:

So the Charlotte Observer is satire? I've never heard of them before but this story is running on the top page of Yahoo news.
No its a real newspaper but its an OP ED...aka the writers opinion and in this case what he wants to happen and thinks will.
That wasn't a writer's opinion. That was a writer's propaganda hit piece that had no basis of fact in it. I thought an Op ed writer was supposed to write their opinion based upon facts. Not fiction. I'm amazed that Yahoo put this story at the top of their page!
You're surprised the media would misrepresent a political story? Interested in a bridge?

Did Trump just resign from the race? I just saw this news article and am wondering what in the world is going on. Did he really hold a press conference and say these things?
It's scary that people like you get to vote. You can't even discern reality from sarcastic satire. No wonder we get people like Barack Obama and Hitlery Clinton elected to public offices. :eusa_doh:
I never said it was true. I asked if it was true. Big difference. My husband told me about the article and he believed it and thought Trump had betrayed America! I didn't read the whole article - I merely asked - Is it true? Lighten up.

You're surprised the media would misrepresent a political story? Interested in a bridge?
Misrepresent? I think announcing to the world that Trump quit the race is more like an outright lie, don't you? I never understood satire - ever. Nor do I understand an Op-ed Writer basing a story on a total lie. It makes no sense to me.

Forum List

Back