Did Romney Just Stumble Into A Winning Message ?

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Did Romney just stumble into a winning message? | New York Daily News

Dependency Sells.

The explosive tape wherein Mitt Romney is caught talking about his campaign strategy has been the lead story on television and in print since it leaked this past Monday. And it's put Romney on the defensive. Last night, while speaking at a Univision forum, he told the crowd his campaign wasn't just about half the country or certain voters, but "100% of America." In fact, he used the phrase "100%" three times in is opening statements alone.

But was the tape actually such a damning thing? Or did it surprisingly give Romney the message framework he's so desperately needed to jolt his campaign back on track?

Despite the feigned shock and awe of the pundit class -- which includes many slack-jawed Republicans -- over the damage Romney's comments will do, introducing the theme of dependency could turn out to be a boon for the Romney campaign.

There's plenty of evidence, in fact, that dependency -- even if Romney got the numbers wrong and managed to indict red state voters, veterans, the elderly and millionaires in the process -- is a winner in terms of voter appeal.

The Washington Post yesterday outlined just how well Romney's comments -- as well as what people perceived as his honesty -- were playing in some key states like Nevada, Florida, New Hampshire, Ohio and Wisconsin: “I worry a lot about the society we’re turning into, more of an entitlement mentality,” said Randy Schumaker, a Denver-area IT manager.

And just today, a new Rasmussen poll finds that a majority of Americans -- 64% -- think too many of us are dependent on government financial aid. Just 10% think not enough Americans are dependent on the government.

Let's see what happens. Of course, this means that many on the left will have to admit their addiction (and you can shove the southern red state comments....they used to be blue states and they created a huge dependency class).

Maybe Romney can drive this one home.

Sure he did. "Fuck 47% of the people" sounds good to the other 53%. And 53% will win it!!

Sure he did. "Fuck 47% of the people" sounds good to the other 53%. And 53% will win it!!

I don't recall him suggesting he have sex with 47% "of the people". Does that disappoint you ?

You get away scott free you asswhipe.

I know. Why don't you pay 5% like we do?

Right across the board.? We're still pissed at it we aren't happy but we're working on it.

But why don't you pay 5% right across the board everyone to wipe out your debt?

Just do it. Why won't you?

We used to pay 7%. Called GST. Goods and Service tax.

Do it. It's the great equalizer. Everyone pays it. Don't you care about your country?

Right across the board.? We're still pissed at it we aren't happy but we're working on it.

As Americans we havent figured out how to stop raiding the treasury for votes..........

As Americans we havent figured out how to stop raiding the treasury for votes..........

That is the point of the OP....maybe electing Romney would be a vote to stop the direction of entitlements.

You know....

People starving in the street.
Pushing granny off the cliff
All the other democratic B.S.

That is the point of the OP....maybe electing Romney would be a vote to stop the direction of entitlements.

You know....

I think Romney prefers to starve Granny in the street instead of going through the trouble of pushing her off a cliff.

You know....

I think Romney prefers to starve Granny in the street instead of going through the trouble of pushing her off a cliff.

Nah medicare already does that, too bad grasnny cant buy private insurance

Probably more than half of that 47% are Republicans. Only Republicans see themselves as "Millionaires without funds".

:lol:

I can't figure how this is happening at the federal level. When I spent all my years in most wonderous state of TN they upped the sales tax by a smidge. A year later, because this increase was to specifically go to the Ed department, I got and this is no bullshit here, I got a special edition of the Tennessean that told me, the tax payer where every penny went.

It was awesome. That's how you do it.

We must demand more. We must demand this. I have up here. And I'm rock solid. I am so tired of politicians who think they own us.

They don't get it at all. They are our employees. But you'd never think it would you?

Dependency Sells.

The explosive tape wherein Mitt Romney is caught talking about his campaign strategy has been the lead story on television and in print since it leaked this past Monday. And it's put Romney on the defensive. Last night, while speaking at a Univision forum, he told the crowd his campaign wasn't just about half the country or certain voters, but "100% of America." In fact, he used the phrase "100%" three times in is opening statements alone.

But was the tape actually such a damning thing? Or did it surprisingly give Romney the message framework he's so desperately needed to jolt his campaign back on track?

Despite the feigned shock and awe of the pundit class -- which includes many slack-jawed Republicans -- over the damage Romney's comments will do, introducing the theme of dependency could turn out to be a boon for the Romney campaign.

There's plenty of evidence, in fact, that dependency -- even if Romney got the numbers wrong and managed to indict red state voters, veterans, the elderly and millionaires in the process -- is a winner in terms of voter appeal.

The Washington Post yesterday outlined just how well Romney's comments -- as well as what people perceived as his honesty -- were playing in some key states like Nevada, Florida, New Hampshire, Ohio and Wisconsin: “I worry a lot about the society we’re turning into, more of an entitlement mentality,” said Randy Schumaker, a Denver-area IT manager.

And just today, a new Rasmussen poll finds that a majority of Americans -- 64% -- think too many of us are dependent on government financial aid. Just 10% think not enough Americans are dependent on the government.

Let's see what happens. Of course, this means that many on the left will have to admit their addiction (and you can shove the southern red state comments....they used to be blue states and they created a huge dependency class).

I think it would have been brilliant to go with that straight from the get-go... But with all the other mistakes he's done... I don't think it'll mean much.

Probably more than half of that 47% are Republicans. Only Republicans see themselves as "Millionaires without funds".

LOL got that right! The right wing morons think they are part of the cool kids, when in actuality they are living in the trailer parks on welfare.

Dependency Sells.

If Romney really believes giving "hand outs" to people makes them dependent and harms their moral fiber, why does he do it to his own children? He gave a 20 million dollar "hand out" to each of his boys, is he not concerned with their moral fiber?

Maybe this "dependency" stuff is just a bunch of crap and is the rich folk way of saying your kids were born to work for my kids forever, get over it,

Class Matters - Social Class in the United States of America - The New York Times

and here you got to watch the whole thing to get a sense of how these people think about the rest of the world, which exists just to serve them:

WATCH: Full Secret Video of Private Romney Fundraiser | Mother Jones

Last edited:

Dependency Sells.

I don't think Romney's mistake, that is to say speaking his real mind, served his electorial hopes much.

But yes, certainly, his message appeals to some people.

You obviously are one of those people.

LOL got that right! The right wing morons think they are part of the cool kids, when in actuality they are living in the trailer parks on welfare.

That's why the American people took the house away from the dumbocrats in 2010 and will likely do the same with the senate in 2012.

McKaskill is already slipping. Can you imagine how embarrassing it will be for the dumbocrats if Akin wins !

That's why the American people took the house away from the dumbocrats in 2010 and will likely do the same with the senate in 2012.

McKaskill is already slipping. Can you imagine how embarrassing it will be for the dumbocrats if Akin wins !

The GOP shitheads picked up some seats (but still didn't take the senate) because the Koch's hijacked the teaparty and turned them into a radical right wing extremist organization, which bussed the idiots and welfare recipients from their trailer parks on the tea party express to all the gatherings.

Where are the baggers now? :eusa_think:

Not to mention how hilarious it will be for the GOP morons when Obama wins his 2nd term. I can't wait to see the meltdowns! :up:

Forum List

Back