Did Romney Just Stumble Into A Winning Message ?

LOL got that right! The right wing morons think they are part of the cool kids, when in actuality they are living in the trailer parks on welfare.

That's why the American people took the house away from the dumbocrats in 2010 and will likely do the same with the senate in 2012.

McKaskill is already slipping. Can you imagine how embarrassing it will be for the dumbocrats if Akin wins !

The GOP shitheads picked up some seats (but still didn't take the senate) because the Koch's hijacked the teaparty and turned them into a radical right wing extremist organization, which bussed the idiots and welfare recipients from their trailer parks on the tea party express to all the gatherings.

Where are the baggers now? :eusa_think:

Not to mention how hilarious it will be for the GOP morons when Obama wins his 2nd term. I can't wait to see the meltdowns! :up:

Wha wha wha.......

You can push all the excuses you want, but the senate will be more conservative in 2012. With folks like Cruz headed in and Lugar out. The House stays GOP and might be even stronger.

You'll give up Nebraska to a conservative and even if you win the senate seat in North Dakota, she is no Obama ass kisser.

Bottom line is no melt down. If Oblather wins #2, he's lame duck from day #1.

Romney actually said "fuck that fucking cocksucker poseur bucs90, first fucking thing I'm gonna do is cut off that motherfuckers welfare checks"

You get away scott free you asswhipe.

I know. Why don't you pay 5% like we do?

Right across the board.? We're still pissed at it we aren't happy but we're working on it.

But why don't you pay 5% right across the board everyone to wipe out your debt?

Just do it. Why won't you?

As Americans we havent figured out how to stop raiding the treasury for votes..........

:lol:

I can't figure how this is happening at the federal level. When I spent all my years in most wonderous state of TN they upped the sales tax by a smidge. A year later, because this increase was to specifically go to the Ed department, I got and this is no bullshit here, I got a special edition of the Tennessean that told me, the tax payer where every penny went.

It was awesome. That's how you do it.

We must demand more. We must demand this. I have up here. And I'm rock solid. I am so tired of politicians who think they own us.

They don't get it at all. They are our employees. But you'd never think it would you?[/QUOTE]

And I think this is where you are a little confused. Our national politicians work for the money that gets them elected and re elected. That is where their loyalty lies. And that is why only 10% of Americans give Congress approval. We KNOW what they are doing to us.
We just don't know how to vote an incumbent out of office. I mean some of these politicians could rape their mothers on TV and would STILL be re elected.

Money talks in our politicial system.

If we could only fix the way campaigns are funded we might have a chance.

Till then. It's the big money that counts most. And the politicians sure are not "our employees". They just want us to think they are. Cause for some reason, it is NEVER the politician that is YOUR politician that is causing problems. It is always those "other" pols.
So the incumbents stay till they die in their chairs.

A bump for those who think things might turn on this message.

I

Did Romney just stumble into a winning message? | New York Daily News

Dependency Sells.

The explosive tape wherein Mitt Romney is caught talking about his campaign strategy has been the lead story on television and in print since it leaked this past Monday. And it's put Romney on the defensive. Last night, while speaking at a Univision forum, he told the crowd his campaign wasn't just about half the country or certain voters, but "100% of America." In fact, he used the phrase "100%" three times in is opening statements alone.

But was the tape actually such a damning thing? Or did it surprisingly give Romney the message framework he's so desperately needed to jolt his campaign back on track?

Despite the feigned shock and awe of the pundit class -- which includes many slack-jawed Republicans -- over the damage Romney's comments will do, introducing the theme of dependency could turn out to be a boon for the Romney campaign.

There's plenty of evidence, in fact, that dependency -- even if Romney got the numbers wrong and managed to indict red state voters, veterans, the elderly and millionaires in the process -- is a winner in terms of voter appeal.

The Washington Post yesterday outlined just how well Romney's comments -- as well as what people perceived as his honesty -- were playing in some key states like Nevada, Florida, New Hampshire, Ohio and Wisconsin: “I worry a lot about the society we’re turning into, more of an entitlement mentality,” said Randy Schumaker, a Denver-area IT manager.

And just today, a new Rasmussen poll finds that a majority of Americans -- 64% -- think too many of us are dependent on government financial aid. Just 10% think not enough Americans are dependent on the government.

Let's see what happens. Of course, this means that many on the left will have to admit their addiction (and you can shove the southern red state comments....they used to be blue states and they created a huge dependency class).

Maybe Romney can drive this one home.

Here is Romney's and your problem...

Here are the 47%

Federal budget and Census data show that, in 2010, 91 percent of the benefit dollars from entitlement and other mandatory programs went to the elderly (people 65 and over), the seriously disabled, and members of working households. People who are neither elderly nor disabled — and do not live in a working household — received only 9 percent of the benefits.

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

80 percent of the workforce has seen their wages decline in real terms over the last quarter-century, and the average household has seen 40 percent of its wealth disappear during the Great Recession. Through it all, families never asked for a handout from anyone, especially Washington. They were left to go on their own, working harder, squeezing nickels, and taking care of themselves. But their economic boats have been taking on water for years, and now the crisis has swamped millions of middle class families. ref ref

As Americans we havent figured out how to stop raiding the treasury for votes..........

:lol:

I can't figure how this is happening at the federal level. When I spent all my years in most wonderous state of TN they upped the sales tax by a smidge. A year later, because this increase was to specifically go to the Ed department, I got and this is no bullshit here, I got a special edition of the Tennessean that told me, the tax payer where every penny went.

It was awesome. That's how you do it.

We must demand more. We must demand this. I have up here. And I'm rock solid. I am so tired of politicians who think they own us.

They don't get it at all. They are our employees. But you'd never think it would you?[/QUOTE]

And I think this is where you are a little confused. Our national politicians work for the money that gets them elected and re elected. That is where their loyalty lies. And that is why only 10% of Americans give Congress approval. We KNOW what they are doing to us.
We just don't know how to vote an incumbent out of office. I mean some of these politicians could rape their mothers on TV and would STILL be re elected.

Money talks in our politicial system.

If we could only fix the way campaigns are funded we might have a chance.

Till then. It's the big money that counts most. And the politicians sure are not "our employees". They just want us to think they are. Cause for some reason, it is NEVER the politician that is YOUR politician that is causing problems. It is always those "other" pols.
So the incumbents stay till they die in their chairs.

Oh they ARE our employees, and would act like it, if we held them accountable. We don't, as is evidenced time and again on this thread.

Did Romney just stumble into a winning message? | New York Daily News

Dependency Sells.

The explosive tape wherein Mitt Romney is caught talking about his campaign strategy has been the lead story on television and in print since it leaked this past Monday. And it's put Romney on the defensive. Last night, while speaking at a Univision forum, he told the crowd his campaign wasn't just about half the country or certain voters, but "100% of America." In fact, he used the phrase "100%" three times in is opening statements alone.

But was the tape actually such a damning thing? Or did it surprisingly give Romney the message framework he's so desperately needed to jolt his campaign back on track?

Despite the feigned shock and awe of the pundit class -- which includes many slack-jawed Republicans -- over the damage Romney's comments will do, introducing the theme of dependency could turn out to be a boon for the Romney campaign.

There's plenty of evidence, in fact, that dependency -- even if Romney got the numbers wrong and managed to indict red state voters, veterans, the elderly and millionaires in the process -- is a winner in terms of voter appeal.

The Washington Post yesterday outlined just how well Romney's comments -- as well as what people perceived as his honesty -- were playing in some key states like Nevada, Florida, New Hampshire, Ohio and Wisconsin: “I worry a lot about the society we’re turning into, more of an entitlement mentality,” said Randy Schumaker, a Denver-area IT manager.

And just today, a new Rasmussen poll finds that a majority of Americans -- 64% -- think too many of us are dependent on government financial aid. Just 10% think not enough Americans are dependent on the government.

Let's see what happens. Of course, this means that many on the left will have to admit their addiction (and you can shove the southern red state comments....they used to be blue states and they created a huge dependency class).

Maybe Romney can drive this one home.

What's the framework exactly? That he thinks 47% of America is "dependent on government" but 0% of American businesses ever benefited even one bit from government?

What is so sad is that people will somehow try to say we are blaming those who are collecting Social Security. If they didn't pay into the system....maybe. If they paid in....it is not entitlement....it is a promise.

65% of this country, including a lot of SS recipients are worried about entitlements being to much. They know someone has to pay for them and the day will come when the government can't borrow, tax or pay.

Entitlement Rip-Off - John Stossel - Page 1

Bernie Madoff took money from people who thought he'd invested it, gave some to others who thought it was a partial return on their earlier investments and kept much for himself. That's called a Ponzi scheme, and his $50 billion fraud was called the biggest ever. But it wasn't the biggest. Social Security and Medicare are much bigger ones.

These are trillion-dollar scams. Medicare has a $36 trillion unfunded liability. Social Security's is $8 trillion. There's no money to keep those promises.

But Congress isn't investigating this scam. Congress runs it. That FICA money you thought government had saved for your retirement is gone. There's nothing left but IOUs backed by nothing. Your money was spent not only on current retirees but on wars, welfare, corporate bailouts, earmarks and all the other stuff Congress wants. For years, this was possible because the FICA tax brought in surpluses that allowed government to pay retirees more than they contributed and still help buy those other things.

Impressive. So if he went to Vegas and threw a quarter into a slot machine and won ten bucks you would say he has a new economic plan for the country?

Impressive. So if he went to Vegas and threw a quarter into a slot machine and won ten bucks you would say he has a new economic plan for the country?

At this point...that is more likely to succeed that Obama's.

His (the current lipflapper in chief) isn't a gamble...it's a surefire path to failure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back