did republicans deliberatly crash the economy

They used it and said it worked.

Now they have to lie about what they did in the past

Perhaps another 5-10 trillion in borrowed dollars to "stimulate" progressive wish lists.............

Who cares about the debt, deficits, spending and fiscal accountability when the folks have wants !!!!

LOL

the republicans loved stimulus under Bush

why not now?

The tea party opposed bush's stimulus
Movement born in objection to stimulus plan

On Sept. 29, 2008, we gathered to watch the final [Treasury Secretary Paulson spending plan] plan deliberations on the House floor. We were a surprised as anyone that the House bill failed.
Against all of our expectations, at 2:07 P.M., the first legislation was defeated 228-205, with 133 Republicans voting against their president.
In retrospect, September 29 is clearly the day the Tea Party movement was reborn in America.
There was a massive wave of spontaneous grassroots outrage that rose up against the government's proposed actions, temporarily taking back the people's house from the political elite. The citizens of America--for a few days at least--took their country back. We were told by our allies who work in Congress that constituent communications were 100 to 1 against the Paulson Plan.
Source: Give Us Liberty, by Rep. Dick Armey, p. 78-79 , Aug 17, 2010

Tea Party on Budget & Economy

Democrats delibertly crashed the economy after they got elected in 2006 so they could get republicans voted out in 2008. Look what happened to jobs after democrats took office Jan 1, 2007!!! OMG!!!

fredgraph.png

Source: Federal Reserve

what was it they did.

flesh out your idiotic rant

They did many things like forced Mark to Market onto home loans instead of Mark to Model.

why not now?

Simply because the housing stimulus and the $16 trillion debt stimulus caused the current depression.

If anyone is slow enough to think a stimulus would work lets see him explain why it would work. See why we are positive a liberal will be slow.

Last edited:
While I have no expertise in the field of Economics Ronald Reagan's assertion that Supply Side economics would impart a "trickle-down" effect made absolutely no sense to me. In fact it planted a tiny but nagging suspicion in a dark corner of my mind that something insidious was underway. But when the Savings & Loan scandal broke that suspicion began to grow and while I consciously dismissed the feeling as paranoia I was subconsciously convinced that something was rotten in Denmark.

Bill Clinton's superficial change of direction relaxed my suspicion somewhat. But it later occurred compellingly to me that George W. Bush's immediate shift to profligate spending and other ruinous policies (un-budgeted military adventures, Medicare Part-D, massive tax cuts, etc.) was following some long range right-wing plan to undermine the middle class by sabotaging the economy. If a relative economics dummy like me could see it there is no question his economic advisors knew it. Bush clearly seemed to pick up where Reagan left off and continue with a perfect exercise of Milton Friedman-style suppression of the working class via upward redistribution of wealth. Finally, when I watched tv news clips of cellophane-wrapped bricks of $100 bills being tossed off the back of a military truck in Iraq like boxes of C-Ration and I'd heard about the $8 billion that mysteriously went missing any doubt I'd held that our Treasury was being looted and our national economy is being deliberately ruined by the emerging right-wing plutocracy was erased.

How much more obvious must it be before ordinary working class right-wing Republicans realize it and act accordingly?

Last edited:
Because they wanted it to crash

Yes that's right obama and the obamacare supporters had the motive to destroy the economy more than anyone else.
Who controlled congress when the crash happened?
So Obama pushed the destroy the economy button so he and his party would lose the next election? It seems much more likely that Republicans would do everything possible to slowdown the recovery. What incentive was there for them to do otherwise?

obama crashed the economy. And, he did it deliberately.

Democrats crashed the economy so that Obama would win and it worked. Then they blamed Republicans and that has been pretty successful as well.

Immie

Pretty much but I said it was to get more support for obamacare.

No, in early 2008 they started screaming, "the sky is falling! the sky is falling! OMG the sky is falling!". They wanted to bring down the economy in order to collapse Republican chances of winning the election. What they did became a self fulfilling prophecy. They scared the shit out of everyone directly causing the crisis in the housing, auto and financial markets. People simply took their word for it and quit buying. Then in February of 2009, they realized that people really took them seriously and the sky had fallen. That was when President Obama made his, "it was worse than we thought" speech. Of course it was worse than they thought. They didn't really believe people listened to them.

The economy collapsed and we are suffering for it today.

In this election, the Republicans had a damned good chance to beat them with the economy and what did they do? They nominated another liberal to take Obama's place. Someone who thinks and acts like George Bush and Barack Obama.

We were bound to have a retraction in the economy. It was coming and it would likely have been right around the time it hit. It would have been a mild retraction rather than the bottom falling out thanks to Dems.

Immie

Last edited:

Yes that's right obama and the obamacare supporters had the motive to destroy the economy more than anyone else.
So Obama pushed the destroy the economy button so he and his party would lose the next election? It seems much more likely that Republicans would do everything possible to slowdown the recovery. What incentive was there for them to do otherwise?

of course if Republicans did crash the economy on purpose someone would be able to say exactly what they did to accomplish that.

Democrats crashed the economy so that Obama would win and it worked. Then they blamed Republicans and that has been pretty successful as well.

Immie

Pretty much but I said it was to get more support for obamacare.

No, in early 2008 they started screaming, "the sky is falling! the sky is falling! OMG the sky is falling!". They wanted to bring down the economy in order to collapse Republican chances of winning the election. What they did became a self fulfilling prophecy. They scared the shit out of everyone directly causing the crisis in the housing, auto and financial markets. People simply took their word for it and quit buying. Then in February of 2009, they realized that people really took them seriously and the sky had fallen. That was when President Obama made his, "it was worse than we thought" speech. Of course it was worse than they thought. They didn't really believe people listened to them.

The economy collapsed and we are suffering for it today.

In this election, the Republicans had a damned good chance to beat them with the economy and what did they do? They nominated another liberal to take Obama's place. Someone who thinks and acts like George Bush and Barack Obama.

We were bound to have a retraction in the economy. It was coming and it would likely have been right around the time it hit. It would have been a mild retraction rather than the bottom falling out thanks to Dems.

Immie
You don't think Senator obama talked with his colleagues about his agenda and what had to be done for it to be acceptable by a majority of people?

obama has said he did not care if he was a one term president.

why not now?

Simply because the housing stimulus and the $16 trillion debt stimulus caused the current depression.

If anyone is slow enough to think a stimulus would work lets see him explain why it would work. See why we are positive a liberal will be slow.
You truly are and idiot, ed. The Financial stimulus (TARP) came as the market was imploding, down hundreds daily. You probably missed that because your head was up your ass. So, you might rationally have issues with how TARP was designed, and managed, it was done at a time when most economists expected REALLY BAD THINGS if it was Not done. And, in case you missed it entirely, it happened in oct of 2008, and signed into law by W.

And ed, even you know why a stimulus works. I have explained it to you. It is in any basic economics book.

Perhaps more entertaining, why don't you or your cons who keep trying to rewrite history, explain how they would have handled the worst recession in us history (considering that we are calling the great depression a depression). I can't wait.

Forum List

Back