Did Newt personally profit from his ethics code violation?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I keep asking and no one ever answers. I honestly don't know.

Everyone acts like its some great criminal deal yet where are the outrage threads about congress playing the market with non public knowledge? Democrats bought and sold votes for Obamacare. Everyone knows the deal with congress. They ALL cheat and lie. But now suddenly Newt is expected to be a saint among sinners. Clinton was a liar, not a peep. Weiner was a liar, not a peep. Seriously, but Newt is not god so fuckem.

I'll ask again.....Did he profit?

Considering more than half of Congress is likely doing that, chances are high that he has.

Considering more than half of Congress is likely doing that, chances are high that he has.

He either broke the rules for personal profit or he didn't. There is no probably about it.

Exactly what do you mean by "profit". Newt taught a class where he tried to make it tax exempt. And he was using the class as a forum for politics. That's what he got nailed on.

So yeah..he profitted in more ways then one.

• Banned

He either broke the rules for personal profit or he didn't. There is no probably about it.

Exactly what do you mean by "profit". Newt taught a class where he tried to make it tax exempt. And he was using the class as a forum for politics. That's what he got nailed on.

I guess I'm going to have to research it for myself. All this outrage for what you posted makes no sense when congress is making millions off insider trading and no one seems to care.

Our priorities in this country are being led by ideology and its just stupid. We can differ on just about anything but wrong is wrong and it shouldn't matter which side your on.

The IRS said Newt claimed that exemption correct in that case. The IRS let him off. So congress got the ethics charge wrong.

I guess I'm going to have to research it for myself. All this outrage for what you posted makes no sense when congress is making millions off insider trading and no one seems to care.

Our priorities in this country are being led by ideology and its just stupid. We can differ on just about anything but wrong is wrong and it shouldn't matter which side your on.

Personally I am outraged by that. It's unbelievable there are no rules regarding it. When I worked, I had to report every single trade I was involved in.

The IRS said Newt claimed that exemption correct in that case. The IRS let him off. So congress got the ethics charge wrong.

:lol:

:lol:

1999 Washington Post: IRS Clears Foundation That Aided Gingrich Course

Everyone acts like its some great criminal deal yet where are the outrage threads about congress playing the market with non public knowledge? Democrats bought and sold votes for Obamacare. Everyone knows the deal with congress. They ALL cheat and lie. But now suddenly Newt is expected to be a saint among sinners. Clinton was a liar, not a peep. Weiner was a liar, not a peep. Seriously, but Newt is not god so fuckem.

Yes he did because it helped him keep his job which paid more than he had ever made in his life before.

The sad thing is here you are blaming everyone else for what newt did to himself.

Not all of the congress was found guilty of this But Newt was found guilty.

How did you mom and dad react when you used the excuse "well all the kids were doing it"?

Every time your guys get caught red handed you claim EVERYONE DOES IT.
Prove it and quit making up excuses for why its OK for your team to be dishonest.

:confused: Clinton got impeached for lying and Weiner left in disgrace....what are you smoking?

"Of course, using tax-exempt educational or charitable donations for partisan purposes is illegal, and several ethics complaints were filed against Gingrich. He agreed to pay a $300,000 fine for misleading the committee during the investigation, and in the process dodged conviction on the actual charges through a combination of finessing some legal definitions, sheer self-confidence and raw political power (as Speaker of the House at the time of the complaints, he appointed the ethics committee. Furthermore, GOPAC had one ethics committee member on its roster last session, and gave money to another.)"

BTW......Clinton/Weiner lied about SEX!!!!

Newt was absolved of all wrong doing. So no, he didn't.
Bullshit.

He RAN.

Hell.....he didn't (even) pay his own fine.

handjob.gif

By John E. Yang
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, January 22 1997; Page A01

The House voted overwhelmingly yesterday to reprimand House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and order him to pay an unprecedented $300,000 penalty, the first time in the House's 208-year history it has disciplined a speaker for ethical wrongdoing.

The ethics case and its resolution leave Gingrich with little leeway for future personal controversies, House Republicans said. Exactly one month before yesterday's vote, Gingrich admitted that he brought discredit to the House and broke its rules by failing to ensure that financing for two projects would not violate federal tax law and by giving the House ethics committee false information.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/govt/leadership/stories/012297.htm

Last edited:

Forum List

Back