Did Herman Cain Ever Have A Shot At The Republican Nomination?

What say you? Yay? OR nay?
Somebody must have thought so, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to all the time and effort to provide the "harrassment" leaks to Politico!

Its no secret that Cain was never the Republican establishment's "poster boy," and they concluded that he was not their candidate of choice to run against Obama in 2012.

The fact that this "outsider" managed to mount such a serious challenge against the more established candidates in the presidential campaign meant that the Republican "power brokers" were forced to terminate his political career.

Last edited:
He was properly vetted?

Ok...you were paying attention...so tell me....what was his explanation for having 3 conflicting answers in regard to his relationship with Ayers?

Now...I didnt care about his relationship with Ayers...but I did care about him lying about it...which means HE saw something wrong with his relationship with him..

But let me refresh your memory..

At first he said (paraphrased)
'I dont know him personally. He is a man in my neighborhood'

Then it was found that he knew him personally and actually had attended a political event in Ayers' home....so he said (paraphrased)
'I know him but I had no idea about his past affiliation with the weather underground'

Then it was found that he, in fact, WAS aware of his past so he said (paraphrased)
'I know of his past with the weather underground but I was under the impression that he has been rehabilitated'

Now...if he was properly vetted, he would have been asked by every media outlet..."Senator Obama, please explain why you have offered upo three conflicting answers as to your relationship with Mr. Ayers."

Megan Kelly of Fox asked Bill Burton (Obama spokesman) that question and he offered up an answwer that I will tell you AFTER you respond...

But what about the other media......what did the Obama team tell them when they asked?
Read the whole thing, it's very informative (the link below). But for those that are too lazy I'll post the pertinent information.

Obama never said Ayers was "just" a guy in the neighborhood. The quote is from a Democratic primary debate on April 16 in Philadelphia, and Obama actually was more forthcoming than McCain lets on. Obama specifically acknowledged working together with Ayers on a charitable board, and didn’t deny getting some early political support from him. Here’s the exchange:

ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, April 16: An early organizing meeting for your state senate campaign was held at his house, and your campaign has said you are friendly. Can you explain that relationship for the voters, and explain to Democrats why it won’t be a problem?

Obama: George, but this is an example of what I’m talking about.

This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who’s a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He’s not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.

And the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn’t make much sense, George.

FactCheck.org : ‘He Lied’ About Bill Ayers?

Fox News can eat shit and die.

Thanks.
:thup:

Never, ever believe what you hear on the news. I don't, even if it is a station I respect.

Vetting? You mean like the total lack of it in 2008 of Obama?

Um...how long were you ASLEEP in 2008? Seriously.

He was properly vetted?

Ok...you were paying attention...so tell me....what was his explanation for having 3 conflicting answers in regard to his relationship with Ayers?

Now...I didnt care about his relationship with Ayers...but I did care about him lying about it...which means HE saw something wrong with his relationship with him..

Then it was found that he knew him personally and actually had attended a political event in Ayers' home....so he said (paraphrased)
'I know him but I had no idea about his past affiliation with the weather underground'

Then it was found that he, in fact, WAS aware of his past so he said (paraphrased)
'I know of his past with the weather underground but I was under the impression that he has been rehabilitated'

Now...if he was properly vetted, he would have been asked by every media outlet..."Senator Obama, please explain why you have offered upo three conflicting answers as to your relationship with Mr. Ayers."

Megan Kelly of Fox asked Bill Burton (Obama spokesman) that question and he offered up an answwer that I will tell you AFTER you respond...

But what about the other media......what did the Obama team tell them when they asked?
Links?

He was properly vetted?

Read the whole thing, it's very informative (the link below). But for those that are too lazy I'll post the pertinent information.

Obama never said Ayers was "just" a guy in the neighborhood. The quote is from a Democratic primary debate on April 16 in Philadelphia, and Obama actually was more forthcoming than McCain lets on. Obama specifically acknowledged working together with Ayers on a charitable board, and didn’t deny getting some early political support from him. Here’s the exchange:

ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, April 16: An early organizing meeting for your state senate campaign was held at his house, and your campaign has said you are friendly. Can you explain that relationship for the voters, and explain to Democrats why it won’t be a problem?

Obama: George, but this is an example of what I’m talking about.

This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who’s a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He’s not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.

And the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn’t make much sense, George.

FactCheck.org : ‘He Lied’ About Bill Ayers?

Fox News can eat shit and die.

Thanks.

Can I get clarification, please? Is this a case of a "conservative" person admitting that his long-held belief ragarding an issue was inaccurate...........and this person actually acknowledging that FOX misled him?

If so, I will immediately open my recently purchased bottle of Old Grandad 114 and get shitfaced........even though I need to get up early tomorrow.

Is it?

If he had David Axelrod and the Press behind him supporting him and going on the attack on behalf of Cain
like Obama had the benefit of he would have led soon after announcing his Presidential bid.

No

The GOP power brokers were willing to do whatever was necessary to prevent Cain from getting the nomination

icon5.gif
Yes, Mr. MarcATL, I think he did, even though I have thought all along Rick Perry would be better because of his good luck with developing jobs. Granted, stimulus money did some good, but he already had the best record for employment before the stimulus. He's a going jessie on jobs development.

I was a little worried about broad acceptance of some of Cain's proposals and his political inexperience, but in general, I like the man.

Last edited:
Vetting? You mean like the total lack of it in 2008 of Obama?

Um...how long were you ASLEEP in 2008? Seriously.

He was properly vetted?

You are para phrasing with quotes? Could you give us three good links?

icon5.gif
Yes, Mr. MarcATL, I think he did, even though I have thought all along Rick Perry would be better because of his good luck with developing jobs. Granted, stimulus money did some good, but he already had the best record for employment before the stimulus. He's a going jessie on jobs development.

I was a little worried about broad acceptance of some of Cain's proposals and his political inexperience, but in general, I like the man.

I was under the impression he did not do well with job creation. He is good for fast food employment, but is that what you are happy about?

Forum List

Back