Dicks Sporting Goods: We Got Woke, Now We’re Broke

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Time and time again.... they never learn.

Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS.N) reported a bigger-than-expected drop in quarterly same-store sales on Wednesday and forecast further declines this year, hit by tighter gun controls and a drop in Under Armour sales.

Shares in the company fell as much as 10 percent after it posted a 1.9 percent drop in same-store sales, bigger than analysts’ average estimate of a 0.62 percent dip.

Dick’s was one of the first retailers to stop selling assault rifles and high-capacity magazines as well as bar the sale of guns to people under age 21 following a massacre at a Florida high school in February.

The company had predicted that its hunting guns business would be pressurized by the change in policy but said the move should also attract more people to its stores.

Gun policy, Under Armour weakness hit Dick's Sporting sales

Time and time again.... they never learn.

Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS.N) reported a bigger-than-expected drop in quarterly same-store sales on Wednesday and forecast further declines this year, hit by tighter gun controls and a drop in Under Armour sales.

Shares in the company fell as much as 10 percent after it posted a 1.9 percent drop in same-store sales, bigger than analysts’ average estimate of a 0.62 percent dip.

Dick’s was one of the first retailers to stop selling assault rifles and high-capacity magazines as well as bar the sale of guns to people under age 21 following a massacre at a Florida high school in February.

The company had predicted that its hunting guns business would be pressurized by the change in policy but said the move should also attract more people to its stores.

Gun policy, Under Armour weakness hit Dick's Sporting sales

Dicks sure hasn't attracted me! I was an infrequent customer before, now I won't be back again until hell freezes over. Even if they are the only place selling what I want. In fact, I should go to one, gather up a whole shopping cart full of clothes and sporting items, check out, then when it comes time to pay, "remember" they are the (ahem) dicks that banned firearms, and WALK OUT.

The customer is always right................They lose............oh well.............

The day Dick's went anti-gun was the last day I entered their stores.
Its been two years now since my area was given our Dick's store and I still have yet to go in it for my first time.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder if some locations may close because of how much business has been lost. Before Dick's, the space where that store is in my local mall was our JCPenny store. It closed in the spring in 2016. Personally I think turning it into a sporting goods place was a waste when our mall already has such a place named Hibbett's.

thats-a-shame-1.jpg

Forum List

Back