Dick’s May Have To Close Stores Due To Anti-Gun Decisions

History is repeating itself. Dick's decided to go radical PC, to try and attract a new, liberal, sophisticated customer base. The first step was they told their former conservative shoppers to "get fucking lost" and shop elsewhere. And then the libs fail to shop there after Dick's adopts a liberal inventory.

So similar to the Dixie Chicks, who told their conservative fans to listen to something else, and the libs fail to follow through and fill the stadium seats left empty.

There is really no point in kissing up to the libs. They'll stab you in the back witness the sagas of Dick's and the DC's.

Yeah it was funny to me, when all the left-wingers talked about how the Dixie Chicks would be famous, and even before Bush was even out of office, they fell into obscurity.

You have the freedom of speech, for sure. But that doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. You don't do something that stands against the bulk of your core fans, and then act shocked when there is a huge massive backlash.

And the Dixie Chicks were huge before 2003. Even I, who never listens to country, had heard several of their top hits before 2003.

Yeah, those left-wingers sure filled the stands for the Dixie Chicks.... They completely disappeared for 10 years.

There is a Dick's sporting goods in the mall near me been in there couple times never bought anything I don't think there selection of merchandise is very good and the prices seem high to me personally I prefer Academy.

Had the weirdest sensation of Deja Vu reading the OP. Weren't there dire predictions of Dick's Sporting Goods demise a few years ago? Yet they are still here and still selling guns.
----------------------------------------- probably not selling the right kinda long guns plus I don't think that they sell handguns . If they do sell guns I bet that they sell FUD Guns . And the big deal is that they talked against and stopped selling the AR15 and other modern sporting rifles that Americans want Borillar .

Had the weirdest sensation of Deja Vu reading the OP. Weren't there dire predictions of Dick's Sporting Goods demise a few years ago? Yet they are still here and still selling guns.
----------------------------------------- probably not selling the right kinda long guns plus I don't think that they sell handguns . If they do sell guns I bet that they sell FUD Guns . And the big deal is that they talked against and stopped selling the AR15 and other modern sporting rifles that Americans want Borillar .
Maybe so. Been a while since I've been in one. They were selling them the last time I was there. Mostly I saw shotguns and bolt action guns more suitable for hunting. They are a sporting goods store that caters more to hunters and fishermen after all. There are plenty of other gun stores that would appeal more to the militia types.

Maybe so. Been a while since I've been in one. They were selling them the last time I was there. Mostly I saw shotguns and bolt action guns more suitable for hunting. They are a sporting goods store that caters more to hunters and fishermen after all. There are plenty of other gun stores that would appeal more to the militia types.

You do know the AR-15 is used heavily in target competition, and hunting right? Are they "militia types" too? Not that there is anything wrong with the militia. Our country was built with one.

You don't know anything about firearms do you?

Dicks went down already near me.
They started catering to the spandex wearing urban bicycle sports fags rather than hunters and fishermen, who spend a hell of a lot more.
FleetFarm is where men get sporting goods.

You do know the AR-15 is used heavily in target competition, and hunting right? Are they "militia types" too? Not that there is anything wrong with the militia. Our country was built with one.

You don't know anything about firearms do you?
Yeah, well they don't carry Anshutz international target rifles either. It's a friggen sporting good store that happens to have a gun section. If they don't happen to carry your preferred make and model, there's plenty of other places to shop.

Evidently consumers aren't doing much business with Dick's, either.

Um, not really.

The whole fucking retail industry is dying.. not just Dick's.

upload_2018-12-9_8-49-5.jpeg

Don't shop at Kohl's...

Not impressed with Dick's although I prefer it more than Big 5, bought my archery equipment from Amazon. I'd be leery of taking my investment news from Bearing Arms. Sales are down but their stockholders are banking it. From Nov 28th:

The stock has run up 26.4% year to date through Tuesday, while the SPDR S&P Retail ETF XRT, -3.73% has gained 1.5% and the S&P 500 SPX, -2.33% has edged up 0.3%.

Dick's Sporting Goods' stock surges after earnings beat, raised outlook

Last edited:
Na, not really

Forum List

Back