Dick Durbin On Gun Control: 'We (Politicians) Have A Lot Of Work To Do To Make This Country A Safer Place'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Illinois) previewed gun control during recent days and makes clear he thinks there is “a lot of work to do to make this country a safer place.”

'More than 100 Americans die every day from gun violence. This #GVSurvivorsWeek, we recognize survivors of gun violence & remember all those we have lost. We have a lot of work to do to make this country a safer place. I will do all I can to reduce deadly shootings & save lives.'
— Senator Dick Durbin (@SenatorDurbin) February 1, 2021

Joe Biden signed an EO that put thousands of people out of work. He then promised to 'do right by them' by getting them other jobs. One of the newly unemployed workers then made one of the most undeniable truths ever spoken:

'The government does not CREATE jobs. As just demonstrated, they DESTROY jobs.'

This is one of several universal, undeniable truths. Another one is:

'The govt does not CREATE revenue. Every dime the govt has / spends is SEIZED from citizens through taxes, fines, etc...'

Another that applies to Durbin's belief that 'Democrats have a lot of work to do to make this country a safer place' is THIS:

'The government does NOT make anyone safer - it makes people LESS safe.'

'Defund the Police'
Chicago
Portland
Seattle
The McCloskeys
and the list goes on and on and on....

Supporting, facilitating, and encouraging continued foreign-funded domestic terrorism, opening our borders wide open to COVID-19-infected/mules/rapists, letting extremely violent/murdering convicts out of prison, and allowing lawlessness and violent crime go un-checked in our cities while attempting to strip Americans of Constitutional Right to protect themselves and their families is NOT 'making people safer'.

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Illinois) previewed gun control during recent days and makes clear he thinks there is “a lot of work to do to make this country a safer place.”

'More than 100 Americans die every day from gun violence. This #GVSurvivorsWeek, we recognize survivors of gun violence & remember all those we have lost. We have a lot of work to do to make this country a safer place. I will do all I can to reduce deadly shootings & save lives.'

Joe Biden signed an EO that put thousands of people out of work. He then promised to 'do right by them' by getting them other jobs. One of the newly unemployed workers then made one of the most undeniable truths ever spoken:

'The govt does not CREATE revenue. Every dime the govt has / spends is SEIZED from citizens through taxes, fines, etc...'

Another that applies to Durbin's belief that 'Democrats have a lot of work to do to make this country a safer place' is THIS:

'Defund the Police'
Chicago
Portland
Seattle
The McCloskeys

Supporting, facilitating, and encouraging continued foreign-funded domestic terrorism, opening our borders wide open to COVID-19-infected/mules/rapists, letting extremely violent/murdering convicts out of prison, and allowing lawlessness and violent crime go un-checked in our cities while attempting to strip Americans of Constitutional Right to protect themselves and their families is NOT 'making people safer'.

The State of Texas will tolerate NOT ONE MORE piece of DC gun tyranny.

This could be the spark in the powder keg.

As if disarming the law-abiding citizens makes any of us safer. Many of the people pushing for restricting or even confiscating firearms line in gated communities and have armed security to protect them and their families. But that ain't so for the rest of us, and an open door immigration policy is not going to help the situation.

As if disarming the law-abiding citizens makes any of us safer. Many of the people pushing for restricting or even confiscating firearms line in gated communities and have armed security to protect them and their families. But that ain't so for the rest of us, and an open door immigration policy is not going to help the situation.
They are not worried about public safety. They are worried about public control.

Those guns sure didn’t help us with the pandemic. I don’t expect any change soon, but the need is obvious. Law enforcement is shot and killed weekly, doesn’t happen in countries with strong gun control.

Those guns sure didn’t help us with the pandemic. I don’t expect any change soon, but the need is obvious. Law enforcement is shot and killed weekly, doesn’t happen in countries with strong gun control.
Freedom also doesn't happen in countries with "strong gun control." What you really mean is people control.

I'll help you pack if you want to live in a gun-free zone.

They are not worried about public safety. They are worried about public control.

Their interest in disarming American citizens is the same reason DC now looks like the Green Zone in Baghdad, with bridges closed, check points, walls aroud the Capitol / WH, and more military troops in DC than in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria COMBINED:

To protect them from the American people, the people they are supposed to serve and represent, not RULE.

Last edited:

'Defund the Police'
Chicago
Portland
Seattle
The McCloskeys

easyt65 speakum truth!

'Defund the Police'
Chicago
Portland
Seattle
The McCloskeys

America would be a safer place if Democraps would all quit their jobs in Washington and find work as greeters at Walmart.

'Defund the Police'
Chicago
Portland
Seattle
The McCloskeys

The Honorable Senator is RIGHT that there remains a lot of work to make this strange nation safer.

But he is WRONG when he says that it's a matter of gun control.

In fact, it's a matter of better people.

And that just ain't going to happen.

'Defund the Police'
Chicago
Portland
Seattle
The McCloskeys

The Honorable Senator is RIGHT that there remains a lot of work to make this strange nation safer.

Perhaps if politicians would stop inciting and supporting foreign-funded domestic terrorists, would stop oppressively and hypocritically violating American citizens' Constitutional and civil Rights, and would stop 'turning the screws' on Americans (like by wiping out 50% of minority-owned small businesses just to flex their power / control) the nation would decompress, tempers would cool, and the country would be a lot less violent.

Why we need gun control.
1 cherry-picked story from one of the Left-Of-Left Leftist Elites on this board is why we need gun control?

:p

'Defund the Police'
Chicago
Portland
Seattle
The McCloskeys

Yup. The gun is the tool. The person using it is the weapon. Find a way to get rid of evil people and you won't need idiots asking for more gun control.

'Defund the Police'
Chicago
Portland
Seattle
The McCloskeys

This was the danger of allowing these folks total control
They want to remove our ability to defend ourselves....because they know that the crap that is soon to follow is so horrible that we will want to murder them for it.
They're paranoid.
All dictators are like this.

You should go door to door and take everyones guns. Best of luck at my house.

Hey Dick, your state is responsible for a large portion of gun deaths. Get your own house in order before you tell me what needs to be done to mine.

Mexico has exceptionally strong gun control, you know.

In any event, the People of America are already well-armed. Disarming millions of us is a fool's errand.

Even in America where guns are outlawed, people still buy them from independent gun dealers.

Forum List

Back