Dick Durbin: Bush Fighter!

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
:funnyface this one's for you kathianne! he's from your state, please explain

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20050214&s=nichols
.......................... For the most part, Durbin's filleting of Bush's judicial nominees has been an obscure pleasure enjoyed mainly by Washington liberal activists who monitor the progress of judicial nominations. But that's about to change. When the 109th Congress begins to address the Bush agenda in coming days, Durbin--an unassuming, 60-year-old everyman with a self-deprecating sense of humor, a willingness to share the spotlight and a penchant for skipping Washington parties to return to his hometown of Springfield--is quickly emerging as the most aggressive and progressive member of the Senate Democratic leadership. Durbin has challenged the Bush Administration on everything from judicial nominations to flu vaccine to torture at Abu Ghraib. He has hit the ground running with votes against Attorney General nominee Alberto Gonzales and Secretary of State nominee Condoleezza Rice. And there is every indication that he intends to show Congressional Democrats how to be something they have not been since Bush assumed the presidency: an effective opposition. ...........

could ya send him a nice e-mail and say "hey buddy, if you're gonna do something, at least do it right" cause his whole opposition plan ain't doing too well.

but seriously, illinois is a good state... its got my favorite political analyst (kathianne) and my favorite new senator (obama)

not bad at all

NATO AIR said:
:funnyface this one's for you kathianne! he's from your state, please explain

could ya send him a nice e-mail and say "hey buddy, if you're gonna do something, at least do it right" cause his whole opposition plan ain't doing too well.

Ohhh, he is an ahole. Tell ya I gotta get me to a red state!

Kathianne said:
Ohhh, he is an ahole. Tell ya I gotta get me to a red state!

you think jack ryan will get a 2nd chance in illinois politics? i hope so, he deserves it and i think he would do a fine job as governor or as a house rep...

NATO AIR said:
you think jack ryan will get a 2nd chance in illinois politics? i hope so, he deserves it and i think he would do a fine job as governor or as a house rep...

Nope, he's history. If the Democrats weren't so busy creating their own corruption, I bet it would be forever before the GOP gets a lead in IL. However, the Dems are working hard at the trough, so it could all change rather rapidly. That is Illinois.

Kathianne said:
Nope, he's history. If the Democrats weren't so busy creating their own corruption, I bet it would be forever before the GOP gets a lead in IL. However, the Dems are working hard at the trough, so it could all change rather rapidly. That is Illinois.

that is truly a shame. well he can move down to florida and run for mayor of miami, with a record like he had before his senate run, he would be a great mayor for us, especially with his philosophy on self-reliance and innovation.

NATO AIR said:
that is truly a shame. well he can move down to florida and run for mayor of miami, with a record like he had before his senate run, he would be a great mayor for us, especially with his philosophy on self-reliance and innovation.

Just my guess, but I would bet he's just happy to return to making more money. Illinois is a very rough state.

Forum List

Back