Dick Cheney: Obama expanding size of government too big

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
According to Politico44

Dick Cheney is on with John King this morning and saying: On Obama and the economy: “I worry a lot that they’re using the current set of economic difficulties to try and justify a massive expansion of the government."

Are you serious, Dick? You used 9/11 to justify the massive expansion of the government and you're blasting Obama for using the financial crisis for doing the same?? :cuckoo:

Hmm I wonder what the creation of the dept of homeland security in response to 9/11 was? :eusa_whistle:

Maybe the Cheney from the King interview should debate the Cheney referenced in this article:

"WHEN DICK CHENEY SAID, "Deficits don't matter," economists took that as proof of the economic illiteracy of the Bush administration. But it turns out there is a case to be made that Cheney was onto something...."

Unfortunately I can't link the article until I have more posts...

Hmm I wonder what the creation of the dept of homeland security in response to 9/11 was? :eusa_whistle:

but that doesn't change the FACT that it is now even bigger now, does it ?

No it doesn't, but it does cast a huge shadow of hypocrisy on the individual who makes such a statement, and also challenges the myth that either of the two major parties favor a small government. The fact that some of you are still swallowing that hook line and sinker is amazing. Let me know the last time either the Republicans or Democrats shrank the size of the fed government.

Dick Cheyney's economics is goofy.

Fire government employees to hire even more expensive private firms to do what a less expensive government worker could have done.

The man's a fraud.

Why do we care what Dick Cheney says?

he's one of the guys who messed up everything.

He could not have done so without the help of the Democratic lead congress.

I so love revisionist history. For six years, nothing was even put up for a vote unless it could pass without a single democratic vote. And the last year you're talking about ONE senate vote... and the vote was Lieberman;s.

So do point fingers where they should be pointed

Dick Cheyney's economics is goofy.

Fire government employees to hire even more expensive private firms to do what a less expensive government worker could have done.

The man's a fraud.

but the job will be done cheaper,because you wont have 300 bosses telling 50 guys what to do.....

Forum List

Back