Dick Cheney: Obama expanding size of government too big

Why do we care what Dick Cheney says?

he's one of the guys who messed up everything.

He could not have done so without the help of the Democratic lead congress.

Bullshit. They had the Executive, a Majority in the House, and control of the Senate. They pretty well did what they wanted. And now we are living with the results of their corruption and incompetance.

Dick Cheyney's economics is goofy.

Fire government employees to hire even more expensive private firms to do what a less expensive government worker could have done.

The man's a fraud.

but the job will be done cheaper,because you wont have 300 bosses telling 50 guys what to do.....

Tell that to our Vets that had to endure the privatation of Walter Reed maintenance. The maintenance not only cost more than when government employees were doing it, the maintenance was not done. And the person in charge was a former Haliburton big wig. Hmmm......... Darth Cheney strikes again.

Dick Cheney doesn't have a leg to stand on in this argument.

He should get back in his wheelchair and STFU.

Fire government employees to hire even more expensive private firms to do what a less expensive government worker could have done.

The man's a fraud.

More than a fraud. A criminal, and a Vice President that committed Treason in the Valerie Plame case.

The man's a fraud.

but the job will be done cheaper,because you wont have 300 bosses telling 50 guys what to do.....

Halliburton, Kellog Brown and Root, and tens of billions of dollars in iraq flushed down the toilet indicate your statement is total bullshit.

give us your assessment of the managerial prowess of AIG, Enron, GM, Morgan Stanley, and Arthur Anderson.

You wingnuts have been lied to. There's nothing magical about unfettered free markets. Unregulated corporate management is just as incompetent as pentagon management....and more dangerous. They are the fucks that drove the economy off the cliff.

The man's a fraud.

Halliburton, Kellog Brown and Root, and tens of billions of dollars in iraq flushed down the toilet indicate your statement is total bullshit.

give us your assessment of the managerial prowess of AIG, Enron, GM, Morgan Stanley, and Arthur Anderson.

You wingnuts have been lied to. There's nothing magical about unfettered free markets. Unregulated corporate management is just as incompetent as pentagon management....and more dangerous. They are the fucks that drove the economy off the cliff.

Sorry i should have said....the JOB WONT BE DONE CHEAPER BECAUSE.....

i work for the Post Office.....my statement is very true when it comes to them,and other agencies.......a hell of a lot of managers,but the people who actually move the mail are short handed and tired of those who have very little experience in the field telling us how to do our jobs.....especially when it ends up costing more money in the long run.....we have been told there is 3 managers for every carrier in the PO......250,000 Carrier's you figure it out....so i am assuming other Govt. Agencies are very similar .....so maybe i should have said.....150 managers telling 50 guys what to do....

Last edited:
Let see--the Republicans are still trying to use the "Monstrously expanding government" arguement to slam the Democrats.

I guess It is time to republish "Republicans do not give a damn about government "Size"!

1) If the less government the better, then Anarchy should be ideal for most Right wingers. That is no government is preferred.

2) Republics are not the smallest form of government structure(that is, a government is present!!) Depotism/Dictatorships are!! The largest possible structure is a Democracy!!(smaller government structure==Dictatorship/Strongman. One Voice--one Rule. )

3) Apparently, when Republicans talk of "smaller government" they must refer to the amount of money the government is spending. Yet, Republicans are known for cutting taxes and increasing spending. They cut taxes because it suppose to give them the incentive to cut spending. Then they increase spending because they claim that the tax cuts will increase Federal revenue!!

I have more--but a little something to play with while you listen to Right wing nutjobs spew their old propaganda!!

Last edited:

The man's a fraud.

I think Wall Street proved the importance of regulation.

So the answer is to over regulate like what our government wants to do??

According to Politico44

Dick Cheney is on with John King this morning and saying: On Obama and the economy: “I worry a lot that they’re using the current set of economic difficulties to try and justify a massive expansion of the government."

Are you serious, Dick? You used 9/11 to justify the massive expansion of the government and you're blasting Obama for using the financial crisis for doing the same?? :cuckoo:
There is something massivily twilight Zonish in Dick complaining about someone else expanding gov.

According to Politico44

Dick Cheney is on with John King this morning and saying: On Obama and the economy: “I worry a lot that they’re using the current set of economic difficulties to try and justify a massive expansion of the government."

Are you serious, Dick? You used 9/11 to justify the massive expansion of the government and you're blasting Obama for using the financial crisis for doing the same?? :cuckoo:
There is something massivily twilight Zonish in Dick complaining about someone else expanding gov.
not when you consider how much more it is expanding
what he and Bush did was bad enough

So the answer is to over regulate like what our government wants to do??

lol, figures you would still be overly concerned about over regulation, a little regulation would have been nice. I think Maddoff is the perfect example to prove the private sector cannot police themselves.

According to Politico44

Dick is just touting the party line, like I said the Bush admin was not the bit concerned about the expansion of government. I know they talk about it on the campaign trail and in interviews today, but when they had there chance they actually expanded government, just like Reagan. I am sure they are pleased though, that there are still some loyal members to the party who still buy the snake oil they sell labeled as smaller government.

According to Politico44

George W. Bush holds the record for largest government increase. That said, Obama is currently breaking that record. Let's see if he can outdo Bush in just 4 years.

Dick is just touting the party line, like I said the Bush admin was not the bit concerned about the expansion of government. I know they talk about it on the campaign trail and in interviews today, but when they had there chance they actually expanded government, just like Reagan. I am sure they are pleased though, that there are still some loyal members to the party who still buy the snake oil they sell labeled as smaller government.
So the 200 new agencies that are being considered is a good thing huh? Seems in the recession the only business that's growing is the federal government. One my think well, that's pretty good, until one realizes just who is paying for those government jobs. just sayin'...

the difference being, Reagan had to deal with a totally democrat controled congress(dems had larger majorities than the GOP has had)
with the exception of a few years the senate went slightly to the gop

Forum List

Back