Diary of a cat rescue thread Tears and Joy

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I've not said anything until now. But I have two of my most special souls going home next week. Sparrow and Pumpkin.

They've been with me since before I even knew I was "rescue". I thought I was just a new homeowner that had a lot of kittens dropped off in a small town who gravitated to our back door. Ended up with eleven. Huge hydro bill because I heated the back porch to keep them going at minus 40 C.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. Going to cry a lot.

:)

I've not said anything until now. But I have two of my most special souls going home next week. Sparrow and Pumpkin.

They've been with me since before I even knew I was "rescue". I thought I was just a new homeowner that had a lot of kittens dropped off in a small town who gravitated to our back door. Ended up with eleven. Huge hydro bill because I heated the back porch to keep them going at minus 40 C.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. Going to cry a lot.

:)
I've got 5 right now. Lost one a few years ago to a heart condition.
Usually I have two, but these were left at my apartments by former tenants.....so I've got 5 cats and a dog.

Well my two foster boys left today. Many tears. Joy too because not only do they have a forever home but these two won the lottery with their forever Mom big time. I'm so thrilled she wanted both together. Dream come true. I've fostered both for almost a year so the heart hurts to see them go because they have been part of my life for all these days, but now its a forever home for Pumpkin and Sparrow.

Finally down to four in my poor dogs room (Raven lost her very own mud room to the fosters but she has a lounge chair in the living room with Netflix lol. )

BUT here comes the kicker. I have 5 kittens now coming out of the woods from who we call Clubber. Hang in with me here. Clubber was literally thrown from a car last year down my highway. I saw her thrown She tried to climb back in and they slammed her foot in the door as they were speeding away.

I couldn't get to the kitten at that time. I broke out Raven (my black and tan coon hound who can track everything) but we couldn't find her. But she finally came out last fall. And came for food the first snowfall.

Her leg was broken as I feared. Her story will continue. But today thru the tears of losing these boys who have graced my life her babies will be keeping me soldiering on with new babies and trying to clear the room for my poor dog. lol.

I'll just have to figure out how to deal with the loss of fosters that have been with me so long they were part of my being.

To all fosters. It hurts it really hurts. But its worth the journey. My boys. My Raven. My Pumpkin. To tonight. Have a forever home.

while sobbing

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

We cry at our house, too. tinydance, my heart is with you and your sweet hearts.

Forum List

Back