DeVos out smarts protesters

Why don't you stick to the topic?
Oh... now you want to get back on topic? lol

DeVos outsmarted the idiots who don't don't even know what they're protesting. :)

You see, you just have not been paying attention. I don't support DeVos and still think the protests are ridiculous.

How is that?
How's that?
I'm enjoying my evening. I've turned my phone off, and loving the quiet time. :)

I only responded because I welcome a new approach to a failed system. I'm good with giving her a chance.
If you want to be a reckless gambler, go to Vegas. Don't gamble with the future of education in America
Are you seriously suggesting I continue supporting a system we know isn't working?

:laugh:

By what right do you have to say our system isn't working? Does it need improvement? Of course! However, we do not throw the baby out with the bath water just because your knickers are in a twist over some imagined state of public education.

Oh... now you want to get back on topic? lol

DeVos outsmarted the idiots who don't don't even know what they're protesting. :)

You see, you just have not been paying attention. I don't support DeVos and still think the protests are ridiculous.

How is that?
How's that?
I'm enjoying my evening. I've turned my phone off, and loving the quiet time. :)

I only responded because I welcome a new approach to a failed system. I'm good with giving her a chance.
If you want to be a reckless gambler, go to Vegas. Don't gamble with the future of education in America
Are you seriously suggesting I continue supporting a system we know isn't working?

By what right do you have to say our system isn't working? Does it need improvement? Of course! However, we do not throw the baby out with the bath water just because your knickers are in a twist over some imagined state of public education.
What right do I have to say our system isn't working??

It's the same right you have to say it isn't!
WTF is wrong with you? lol

How is that?
How's that?

You have no evidence that it isn't working.

This is what I do. Do I come in and tell you what a failure you are at doing your job knowing nothing about what you do?

How's that?

This is what I do. Do I come in and tell you what a failure you are at doing your job knowing nothing about what you do?
You're failing if that's what you do.

How could you not support change to a system that has clearly been failing for years?
Are you one of those people who are afraid of change?

How could you not support change to a system that has clearly been failing for years?

Who said I oppose change? The problem is we keep changing for change's sake and don't ever address the real problems.

Who said I oppose change? The problem is we keep changing for change's sake and don't ever address the real problems.
It's why you should be welcoming DeVos. You, of all people, should be welcoming her with open arms.

It's why you should be welcoming DeVos. You, of all people, should be welcoming her with open arms.

I have far more qualifications to be Secretary of Education than she does.

The ignorance of the protesters isn't surprising. Have a look at some of the interview vids. lol

Last edited:

Not if you think things aren't open for change.

Last edited:

I am enough of a teacher to know that you have serious reading comprehension problems to come up with that statement.

I am enough of a teacher to know that you have serious reading comprehension problems to come up with that statement.
A statement that echoes what millions of others have been saying? Really? lol

I can only guess you're out of touch with reality. I sometimes encounter that with psych nurses.

I can only guess you're out of touch with reality. I sometimes encounter that with psych nurses.

So how long have you been in the Home for the Terminally Bewildered?

Is that an attempt to dismiss my comments? lol

I've spent many hours talking with people like you. It's what what I do to help nursing. :)

I've spent many hours talking with people like you. It's what what I do to help nursing. :)

The only reason I could come up with, based on your posts, for you to be talking with psych nurses is that you were a resident because that is some crazy ideas you have!

The only reason I could come up with, based on your posts, for you to be talking with psych nurses is that you were a resident because that is some crazy ideas you have!
Most of my time is spent working in a hospital that has a psych unit. I'm afforded the opportunity to meet and work with the nurses who work there.

Have you come up with a valid reason to protest DeVos?

Most of my time is spent working in a hospital that has a psych unit. I'm afforded the opportunity to meet and work with the nurses who work there.

Have you come up with a valid reason to protest DeVos?

Why would I protest? I don't think she is qualified, but why should I protest like some brain-dead liberal?

By walking in another door.

Yesterday social media was going crazy over how the protestors at a school she was visiting blocked her from entering. Then hours later they were shocked to find out she still held the meeting with school officials in the building because she went around to another door.

I kid you not. I saw the posts on facebook celebrating this great victory only to see them confused that they didn't actually win anything. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so ridiculous

How exactly does blocking her from meetings make the country better anyway?

Did the dumb ditz ever figure it out that teachers buy pencils for themselves as well as their own students?

Good news is that with drumpf getting rid of cheap labor, de vos will be killing off education at the same time.

That means RWNJ's kids will be able get jobs picking produce and flipping burgers for the Carl's Jr. creep - and at well under current minimum wage.

Never mind that the US will be hiring educated peeps from other countries. Fir you Pootarians, this is a real win. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

By walking in another door.

Yesterday social media was going crazy over how the protestors at a school she was visiting blocked her from entering. Then hours later they were shocked to find out she still held the meeting with school officials in the building because she went around to another door.

I kid you not. I saw the posts on facebook celebrating this great victory only to see them confused that they didn't actually win anything. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so ridiculous

How exactly does blocking her from meetings make the country better anyway?
I'm not a fan of all the protesting and think we should give people a chance, but with that said I think you misunderstand the goal of the protesting. It is to draw attention to Devos and sucritinize the things that the protestors disagree with so she doesn't freely run wild with an agenda that they fear will be damaging to our schools. This goal was and is being accomplished by the left.
What are they disagreeing with?
Her politics, I assume they think her ideas will be bad for public schools and the poor. You'd have to listen to them to find out
I've listened to her ideas....and the protesters.
It's why I'm asking what the protesters are protesting against.
Well, what did you hear from the protesters?

They get the money before they get to the schools.

They get the money from their members. Now, recess is over. It is time to get back to the classroom.

.....and where do their members get money?

Are you really that dumb?

You are short on form and substance. Taxpayers pay members salaries. More students in public schools = more NEA members = more $$$ for NEA. Vouchers and Charter schools reduce that.

How fucking smart are you?

Your post just screams ignorance. You are trying to prove a point for some ungodly reason that unions take money away from schools, which they do not.

Charter schools are public schools and in non-right-t-work states, they are union.

Now, how fucking stupid are you? I think we have established that you are beyond any doubt.

You ignored school vouchers. The more kids in public schools nationwide means more money for unions and cronies. Vouchers cut into that. You people say they don't work but at the same time push for more and more money from the Government and don't want to be held accountible.

Well then too tall get in the classroom, give up your good salary, and teach. Surely you are an expert. Lmao at you.

I have BSEE and could teach math and physics, but see no reason to put those Education Majors out of a job. All I want is for the teachers to be held accountable for not doing their job.

Who has an education major? I don't. Neither do any of the teachers in my department. This is a perfect example of what you believe to be true turning out to be simple ignorance on your part because you are on the outside looking in, with education bashers filling your head with nonsense.

You have at least a bachelors degree and a teaching license that required education courses to get.

I taught math for my first three years with a bachelor's degree in history and no education courses. So you see, you don't know what you are talking about. You could easily do the same.

I also have news for you, people may be very good at their jobs but could not teach a fish to swim. I was a much better teacher after I finished my teacher certification courses and even better once I earned my Master's degree.

Apparently you can do that in some states, but in the state of Georgia you don't get hired until you complete the following.

· Obtain a bachelor's degree from an accredited university

· Complete a certain number of semester hours in an elementary education program that includes student teaching.

· Complete a certain number of semester hours in one teaching field such as math, science, language arts, reading, and history.

· Pass certification assessments that test basic skills, teacher competency, and knowledge of particular subjects.

Forum List

Back