Devolution? WTF?

normal_mcdonalds-animal_growth_hormones_good_for_something.jpg
Thank you...I needed that.

:clap2:

Reading the news, I'm seeing articles on the resurgence in the U.S. of things that we had either eliminated or vaccinated against years ago:

Bedbugs

Typhoid

Whooping Cough

Measles

Tuberculosis

What the hell is going on?

Well, part of what is going on is that there is a strong anti-science sentiment among the more Conservative elements of this nation. One that claims that the scientists advice concerning vacinations is wrong and dangerous. One that seems to believe that any advice from any government agency is some kind of 'librul' conspiracy. You see it from the science concerning climate to medicine.

Bullshit.

When you stop being a partisan hack and admit that politicians, liberal, conservative, and independent, all play politics with science you will be better off. Liberal "science" has eliminated the most effective pesticides ever invented, and they did not do it because it was dangerous to use them. The only reason to ban DDT was that it was not covered by patents any longer, and no one was able to control it and profit off of it. To date, not a single mosquito has ever developed any resistance to DDT as a pesticide. The liberal push to ban DDT has resulted in the direct deaths of hundreds of thousands of people due to the resurgence of malaria throughout the world.

But, please, keep proving you know even less about politics than I thought you did. Blaming conservatives for the distortion of science while ignoring the distortions liberals have made makes you even less credible than those you accuse of lacking credibility.

Just because there exist antibiotic resistant bacterium out there doesn't mean that our bodies' immune systems can't fight them. It means that the bacteria is resistant to most antibiotics.

The key is taking care of our bodies. The problem is, our population is weak, unfit, hooked on medicines, eats crap.
In 1850, the average US male life expectancy was 38 years.

Why was it so low? Because people died young of disease all the time.

You don't think the harder work regimen, accidents, and lack of trauma care contributed to that? Even a little bit?

I believe its several problems. Immigrants, parents not wanting to immunize their children, the outlawing of chemicals and the evolution of bacteria and virus.

Yes, even at as 1900 dawned, the average lifespan was just over 40 years. Yet, my paternal grandparents raised 11 out of 11 children, my maternal grandparents raised 11 of 13. And three of my grandparents lived past 90, the exception died of cancer at 86. All were raised and lived in a very rural environment. Population density and clean water had a great deal to do with ones chances in prior centuries.
In 1850, 80% of Americans lived on the farm.

Your relatives were outliers.

There are always outliers. The problem today is that medical science keeps more of the weaker people alive than would have happened a century ago, which generally weakens the gene pool. sooner or later something is going to come along and correct that imbalance.

I worry about more significant problems..
The unforgivable over-medication of our children, coupled with the egregious meat and poultry industry feeding our children meat that contains..shit (literally), growth hormones and anti-biotics.

We are very effectively creating a super virus.

And also seeing a return of old diseases once almost obliterated.

Rickets, pertussis...

Animal growth hormones do not affect humans. And the antibiotics from meat aren't what is causing superviruses. Superviruses are caused by the over- or incorrect use of human antibiotics. I can't think of any virus that cows and sheep get that we can get.

Reading the news, I'm seeing articles on the resurgence in the U.S. of things that we had either eliminated or vaccinated against years ago:

Bedbugs

Typhoid

Whooping Cough

Measles

Tuberculosis

What do you mean? It is all part of the conservative movement.
We go back we get the bad stuff as well.

I wondered who would blame

BOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOSSSHHHH.:clap2:

Bedbugs

Typhoid

Whooping Cough

Measles

Tuberculosis

Parents don't want their kids getting autism? :cuckoo:

People are stupid at times.

Bedbugs

Typhoid

Whooping Cough

Measles

Tuberculosis

Nothing more than the liberal media trying to shift the focus off politics because the outlook is bleak for them. None of the dems are making statements about the things they have accomplished, rather they are using the tired line of the repubs want to return to the Bush era policies. They are distancing themselves from their voting records to try and improve things for November.

Nothing more than the liberal media trying to shift the focus off politics because the outlook is bleak for them. None of the dems are making statements about the things they have accomplished, rather they are using the tired line of the repubs want to return to the Bush era policies. They are distancing themselves from their voting records to try and improve things for November.
The Democrats are causing epidemics?

*facepalm*

Bedbugs

Typhoid

Whooping Cough

Measles

Tuberculosis

3 Reasons. People never get boosters most vaccines do not work for ever, and many young people have been scared into thinking not vaccinating is safer because of fears about Autism.

The third reason. A stream of people from Mexico and other Nations to our south crossing our border un checked, with out the normally required shots.

That alone should be reason enough to secure the border yet Liberals will ignore it. Legal immigrants are required to get vaccinated, Illegal immigrants are obviously not.

IMO, which is admittedly poorly educated, the problem is not just how strong is any one person's immune system. It's how dense is the infectious disease virus/bacteria/whatever. All these parents who postpone or refuse vaccinations for their kids aren't only putting their own children at risk; they are risking everyone those kids come into contact with. When the community has only one unvacinated kid in 100,000 this might not be a problem. When it has 1 in 1,000 you have the tinder for resurgence of the illness.

It is also worth noting that "average life span" takes into account all deaths. If infant and childhood mortality numbers are backed out of 1900 figures, average lifespan was not all that different.

If eagleseven is right, we are going to start dying of very strange, disfiguring illnesses. I personally think that he is correct. And yet another reason IMO is environmental racism. We have not controlled lead paint exposure and have stressed city kids even further with bad food, proximity to the dump, etc.

People who can afford to do so are now fleeing Cleveland's inner ring suburbs for outer ring ones...willing to drive 90 minutes one way in terrible traffic to work to avoid the spillover of crime, traffic and decay from the city. Such population patterns are not sustainable.

If eagleseven is right, we are going to start dying of very strange, disfiguring illnesses. I personally think that he is correct. And yet another reason IMO is environmental racism. We have not controlled lead paint exposure and have stressed city kids even further with bad food, proximity to the dump, etc.

People who can afford to do so are now fleeing Cleveland's inner ring suburbs for outer ring ones...willing to drive 90 minutes one way in terrible traffic to work to avoid the spillover of crime, traffic and decay from the city. Such population patterns are not sustainable.

"Environmental Racism?"

:eusa_eh:

:confused:

:eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think:

Are fir trees in Cleveland discriminating against the maples?

Environmental racism is a conscious choice to place high-risk features (dumps, jails, etc.) in poor neighborhoods, or to neglect the needs of inner-city poor for lead paint abatement and decent food, etc.

Environmental racism is a conscious choice to place high-risk features (dumps, jails, etc.) in poor neighborhoods, or to neglect the needs of inner-city poor for lead paint abatement and decent food, etc.

What is it called when the inner city poor commit widespread looting, assault, arson and murder, and cause property damages over $1 billion over a 6 day period because they disagree with a court's verdict?

Forum List

Back