Devolution? WTF?

GTH:

Then you haven't been paying attention.

Bed Bugs are HUGE right now.

That's true. I've been on a pediatrics rotation and have been pretty busy.

For arthropods, I would venture that something environmental was favorable for them to thrive at this time of year.

We are seeing a minor Shigella epidemic where I am from, but other than that things seem to be much the same.

I would certainly attribute any spike in measles, mumps, and rubella to parents not vaccinating their children with the MMR shot because they are scared of autism.

And that is just a damn shame.

Is Malaria a problem in Fargo?

Not as bad as condylomata acuminata. :cool:

Condylomata means "Knuckle" in greek.

Perhaps if you'd stop dragging them behind you, it might resolve the symptoms.:tongue:

Why would I want to give up this sexy bod?

article-1205730-004063ED000004B0-935_224x380.jpg

GTH:

For arthropods, I would venture that something environmental was favorable for them to thrive at this time of year.

We are seeing a minor Shigella epidemic where I am from, but other than that things seem to be much the same.

I would certainly attribute any spike in measles, mumps, and rubella to parents not vaccinating their children with the MMR shot because they are scared of autism.

That is a shame, and quite ignorant of the parents to risk their children that way.

As for me, no travel to NYC or DC if I can avoid it while the infestations are underway.

And also seeing a return of old diseases once almost obliterated.

Rickets, pertussis...

For clarification, Pertussis is the bug that causes whooping cough. It's been on the rise for over ten years now and is one reason why the tetanus booster is now the DTaP shot (Diptheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis).

Rickets is not an infectious disease. It's a nutritional lack of of vitamin D in children that leads to under calcification of bones. Any resurgence in rickets is due to a simple lack of education (or parents not making their kids get off their asses and out into the sun).

Animal growth hormones do not affect humans. And the antibiotics from meat aren't what is causing superviruses. Superviruses are caused by the over- or incorrect use of human antibiotics. I can't think of any virus that cows and sheep get that we can get.

I am not sure if I buy that animal hormones don't affect humans. I don't think they are to blame for girls reaching puberty earlier. I certainly agree that antibiotic use in livestock doesn't effect humans, and I think anybody that raises livestock and doesn't use antibiotics is cruel.

Also, antibiotics have no effect on viruses and thus can't create superviruses.

There are a wealth of bugs that livestock share with humans, influenza C, anthrax, brucellosis, etc.

GTH:

That is a shame, and quite ignorant of the parents to risk their children that way.

As for me, no travel to NYC or DC if I can avoid it while the infestations are underway.

I understand where parents are coming from. I just think it's a damn shame that they will more readily listen to Jenny McCarthy than the medical community.

It would be nice if autism where caused by the thermesiol in the MMR vaccine, as that would be an easy fix.

Alas, it is not.

I understand where parents are coming from. I just think it's a damn shame that they will more readily listen to Jenny McCarthy than the medical community.

It would be nice if autism where caused by the thermesiol in the MMR vaccine, as that would be an easy fix.

Alas, it is not.

Medicine has gone downhill since Walgreens stopped stocking Blue Mass and Black Drought.

Alas, it is not.

Medicine has gone downhill since Walgreens stopped stocking Blue Mass and Black Drought.

As long as they don't get rid of boudreaux butt paste we'll be fine.

AAAAAgRxJN0AAAAAAERoqA.jpg

Idiot. DDT was killing off all the birds, especially the eagles. Didn't you ever read "Silent Spring"? The chemical companies were even using the old tobacco industry ploy... "It's good for you!".

It is good for you, it is the most effective pesticide ever developed, and perfectly safe when used properly. Maybe you should check out the facts before you jump on the liberal science bandwagon. Silent Spring was based entirely on the work of one person, and the data was never peer reviewed. She invented the liberal science of environmentalism, and it has never looked back in its quest to ignore facts and anything else that contradicts its ideas and worldview.

It did raise valid questions about the possible effects of DDT on some animals, but most of the data has never been tested for accuracy, and the environmental movement continues to ignore the potential benefits of using pesticides.

There's been alot of hype for the past 10-15 or so years that vaccinations have played a role in the increase we are seeing in autism. Some people are afraid of getting their children vaccinated because of it. It's probably a case of "enough information to be dangerous."

If there were any causative correlation between vaccines and autism rates increasing, I would tend to think it was not specifically due to MMR and polio vaccines, or we would have seen increasing rates of autism when I was a child 50 years ago, unless the vaccine formula has changed in some say that I am unaware of.

Last edited:
Idiot. DDT was killing off all the birds, especially the eagles. Didn't you ever read "Silent Spring"? The chemical companies were even using the old tobacco industry ploy... "It's good for you!".

Oh please, Carson's statistics on the rise of cancer rates among children are essentially meaningless unless it's given some context, which she failed to supply in that book. It turns out that the percentage of children dying of cancer was rising because other causes of death , such as infectious diseases, were drastically declining. She was a spin master with an ill conceived bleeding heart agenda.
How many millions of human lives were saved by DDT due to it's success in stopping the spread of malaria?

Better question is how many MILLION have died directly as a result of its banning.

IN Africa alone Millions have died from Malaria they would not have gotten if DDT had been used. In fact they are now using it again in many places.

Rickets is not an infectious disease. It's a nutritional lack of of vitamin D in children that leads to under calcification of bones. Any resurgence in rickets is due to a simple lack of education (or parents not making their kids get off their asses and out into the sun).
Well, there is Rickettsia...but it gives you Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Epidemic Typhus, not Rickets!

:razz:

Sometimes, it's difficult to know what to believe, but according to this

Vaccination Is Steady, but Pertussis Is Surging - NYTimes.com
there hasn't been an increase in parents who (by choice) decline to have their children vaccinated since 1992.
There are several explanations for the rise in pertussis, but the most likely is waning immunity after vaccination. “Immunity wears off, especially for adults who are decades past their most recent vaccination,” said Dr. Tom Clark, an epidemiologist with the C.D.C.Moreover, adults and adolescents often wait weeks before seeking treatment for a chronic cough — and even then, doctors may not recognize it as pertussis.“You only begin to think about pertussis when it’s been going on for weeks and weeks,” Dr. Clark said, “and then treatment is much less likely to make a difference, and you’ve spread it to other people.”Another factor may be the declining use of antibiotics to treat simple coughs and colds. While doctors legitimately worry that indiscriminate use of antibiotics can lead to the development of drug-resistant bacteria, it may be that in the past the drugs inadvertently cured many cases of undiagnosed pertussis.The rise in pertussis doesn’t seem to be related to parents’ refusing to have their children vaccinated for fear of potential side effects. In California, pertussis rates are about the same in counties with high childhood vaccination rates and low ones. And the C.D.C. reports that pertussis immunization rates have been stable or increasing since 1992.

Last edited:
Well, there is Rickettsia...but it gives you Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Epidemic Typhus, not Rickets!

:razz:

I was surprised to learn that Lyme Disease is not endemic to Missouri the other day. I know that is BB and not RR, but my whole life I have been raised to do the tick check for fear of Lyme Disease and it was all bullshit!

My whole world view shattered.

Apparently we do have "Lyme-Like Disease" here though. Probably to cover the ass of all those Drs. who have misdiagnosed people over the years.

Nothing more than the liberal media trying to shift the focus off politics because the outlook is bleak for them. None of the dems are making statements about the things they have accomplished, rather they are using the tired line of the repubs want to return to the Bush era policies. They are distancing themselves from their voting records to try and improve things for November.
The Democrats are causing epidemics?

*facepalm*

How you got that out of my statement is beyond me. I don't really have a cute quotation of an action I am doing though.

Forum List

Back