Devolution? WTF?

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Reading the news, I'm seeing articles on the resurgence in the U.S. of things that we had either eliminated or vaccinated against years ago:

Bedbugs

Typhoid

Whooping Cough

Measles

Tuberculosis

What the hell is going on?

They're spreading from NYC and DC.

I worry about more significant problems..
The unforgivable over-medication of our children, coupled with the egregious meat and poultry industry feeding our children meat that contains..shit (literally), growth hormones and anti-biotics.

We are very effectively creating a super virus.

The unforgivable over-medication of our children, coupled with the egregious meat and poultry industry feeding our children meat that contains..shit (literally), growth hormones and anti-biotics.

Fuck it. Who wants to get drunk?

I worry about what will happen to those kids when previously preventable infectious diseases are reintroduced to our society.

Typhoid and Tuberculosis ain't no party....

...this ain't no disco,
this ain't no fooling around
This ain't no mudd club, or CBGB...

Fuck it. Who wants to get drunk?

MeMeMeMeMe!!!!!!!

Did you guys know that before factory farming there was virtually no record of food born deaths?
That E.Coli was only a minor affliction?
No one thought twice about eating uncooked eggs in foods?

Exactly. I wonder how many parents are vigilant about reading the labels of what they are putting in their child, be it at home or at school,and how many know exactly what is in the meat they are eating.

Harmful Chemicals in the Meat You Eat? by Mike Sullivan

Plus, the children today are over-medicated for many of the wrong reasons. :evil:

America's Overmedicated Children - Vera Sherav

Also,processed foods reak havoc on our children and ourselves.

10 Things the Processed Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know, and Body Ecology?s 2 Powerful Tools to Help You Fight Back!

There are multiple factors contributing to this situation. I personally think part of the problem is the almost total sanitation of ourselves and our children. I think a lot of effort goes into trying to create a perfectly sterile environment and that's not possible. Every time someone touches the phone, or the doorknob, or the kitchen counter, or multiple other items - there is a rush to sanitize the object with something that will kill 99.9% of all germs. My theory is that by keeping everything in a state of sterilization 24/7 you don't give yourself or your children a chance to build up immunities to various illnesses or other problems that wouldn't be there if they had a little exposure to whatever. That's not to say you should deliberately take your child to a room that's full of kids that have chicken pox or never keep your home clean. It just seems like there's an absolute mania about sterilizing stuff.

I really hate to admit to it, but my ex and I kept our kids away from doctors on religious grounds for about 7 years, and when that "church" crashed and burned over money and sex, I saw my way out and I never looked back. I took my kids to a pediatrician and explained the situation to him. After examining the kids he said I must have been doing something right because he was shocked that the kids were so healthy and in such good shape. I was just letting my children be children and not wringing my hands about every little thing they touched or came into contact with.

This "global" environment that we now have allows people to enter and exit a country or multiple countries with God only knows what kind of illnesses that can be transferred to others. It's no wonder some illnesses or diseases that had been eradicated in this country are now making a comeback.

Rant over.

It's the end of the antibiotic era. We are soon reaching a point where once-thought-harmless diseases will be incurable and lethal (Strep Throat, for example).

Already, cases of incurable Staph infections have been identified (and isolated).

---

As far as the bacteria and viruses are concerned, this is evolution. They are evolving to defeat us.

Last edited:
Well now Granny, I think you have a good point. We always kept chickens, pigs, rabbits, and cows. Keeping care of these animals was not always sanitary. Yet we never had any problems with food poisoning of any kind. And, when I was young, I loved to make eggnog the old fashioned way.

I think the early exposure to germs of all kinds created a kind of innoculation against some of the more virolent strains.

buy and eat local/organic only!

We identify ever-more-resistant strains of common infections everyday at the hospital. With many patients, the only drugs that will still cure their infections are also extremely toxic.

You will eventually face a choice:

1. Take toxic drugs that cause kidney and/or liver failure.

2. Amputate infected limbs.

3. Die of simple wound and urinary tract infections.

Reading the news, I'm seeing articles on the resurgence in the U.S. of things that we had either eliminated or vaccinated against years ago:

Bedbugs

Typhoid

Whooping Cough

Measles

Tuberculosis

What do you mean? It is all part of the conservative movement.
We go back we get the bad stuff as well.

Bedbugs

Typhoid

Whooping Cough

Measles

Tuberculosis

Well, part of what is going on is that there is a strong anti-science sentiment among the more Conservative elements of this nation. One that claims that the scientists advice concerning vacinations is wrong and dangerous. One that seems to believe that any advice from any government agency is some kind of 'librul' conspiracy. You see it from the science concerning climate to medicine.

Huh?
Just cut out or reduce medicaid and public immunization funding, etc and see how many diseases come back.

How many now opt out of vaccinations?
Do we have a program to immunize immigrants illegal or other wise?

Last edited:
We identify ever-more-resistant strains of common infections everyday at the hospital. With many patients, the only drugs that will still cure their infections are also extremely toxic.

You will eventually face a choice:

1. Take toxic drugs that cause kidney and/or liver failure.

2. Amputate infected limbs.

3. Die of simple wound and urinary tract infections.

Really? Seems to me that the logical choice is to develop ways to create a stronger immune system within each of us.

Forum List

Back