Developing Flint news

bullwinkle

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Newly elected Flint Mayor Karen Weaver today fired, er um, accepted the resignations of the Chief of Police, the Fire Chief, and the City Administrator hired by the State Appointed emergency manager in 2014 on a 5 year contract. This girl is kicking butt and taking names. This all happened at 5:00PM today. I have to assume she checked with the City lawyers before taking this action, but as everyone knows, Flint has other problems besides the water pollution. So far she has shown a lot of class and backbone.

Newly elected Flint Mayor Karen Weaver today fired, er um, accepted the resignations of the Chief of Police, the Fire Chief, and the City Administrator hired by the State Appointed emergency manager in 2014 on a 5 year contract. This girl is kicking butt and taking names. This all happened at 5:00PM today. I have to assume she checked with the City lawyers before taking this action, but as everyone knows, Flint has other problems besides the water pollution. So far she has shown a lot of class and backbone.

She may just make Governor..the one that they have right now is a complete flop.

I wonder if she has that authority? Some cities use a strong mayor system, but most use a strong council system.

So firing the Fire Chief and Police Chief is going to fix the water problem? Why did she not fire the Water department chief?

i-love-lucy-polka-dots-tee-169b.gif

So firing the Fire Chief and Police Chief is going to fix the water problem? Why did she not fire the Water department chief?

Its Michigan. It doesn't matter that everyone lied their asses off and are now responsible for poisoning a city. Fall guy has to be an R.

As a conservative republican, I have no problem voicing my opinion of the republican governor of Michigan. This clown should have been thrown out of office already. I'm not sure what the political process to oust a governor, but what he did is criminal.

Ok.............so they are firing people............whoop de fucking do..............

They still have to replace the pipes.........who's paying for it.........Who's got the Billion plus to do so.................

Old assed pipes where leaching lead before this happened..........just like cities all over the country already..........

Ok.............so they are firing people............whoop de fucking do..............

They still have to replace the pipes.........who's paying for it.........Who's got the Billion plus to do so.................

Old assed pipes where leaching lead before this happened..........just like cities all over the country already..........
The untreated river water leached lead from the pipes, it didn't happen with the lake water. You should read something about it.

The untreated river water leached lead from the pipes, it didn't happen with the lake water. You should read something about it.
I posted a lot of information on this............and like I said it was leaking lead before the switch...........tell me about the ch- problem smart ass..................whoever set up the water treatment chemicals was a complete idiot........AT THE WATER TREATMENT PLANT.

I posted a lot of information on this............and like I said it was leaking lead before the switch...........tell me about the ch- problem smart ass..................whoever set up the water treatment chemicals was a complete idiot........AT THE WATER TREATMENT PLANT.
I guess you're the only person who knows about it. :rolleyes:

I guess you're the only person who knows about it. :rolleyes:
I posted a lot of data on it on another thread. Heads need to roll from bottom to top. People like you just want a political football. I've stated that it should get the governor as well, but the chopping block needs a lot of heads. Including those with a D beside them. We have the tech to treat piss with old tech, they ignored the corrosion control treatments for old pipes which was a violation of EPA CFR's..........the piping systems are near a century old........and in their own reports of the water they showed low levels of lead in the system before this even happened..........chronic low levels that could cause a lot of this if you drink it over a long period of time................

Our water and sewer systems are freaking old..............everywhere and this event isn't isolated by no means.

Forum List

Back