Developing Flint news

Newly elected Flint Mayor Karen Weaver today fired, er um, accepted the resignations of the Chief of Police, the Fire Chief, and the City Administrator hired by the State Appointed emergency manager in 2014 on a 5 year contract. This girl is kicking butt and taking names. This all happened at 5:00PM today. I have to assume she checked with the City lawyers before taking this action, but as everyone knows, Flint has other problems besides the water pollution. So far she has shown a lot of class and backbone.
You guys are so worried about Hillary's emails but what about this?
Progress Michigan Calls for Snyder Resignation In Light of New Emails - Progress Michigan
I heard yesterday that the petition to recall Snyder has over 700,000 signatures, this from a son-in-law that works at U of M in Ann Arbor. I have no firm opinion on that, as I am more concerned about some positive solutions than head hunting at this time. I am also heartened and deeply impressed with the people from all over the country, and even Canada, who are arranging convoys of water and donations to the cause, all free to Flint residents. Lets not forget that either.
I hope the current Mayor of Detroit runs for Governor next time. Mayor Mike Duggan doing a good job.

Newly elected Flint Mayor Karen Weaver today fired, er um, accepted the resignations of the Chief of Police, the Fire Chief, and the City Administrator hired by the State Appointed emergency manager in 2014 on a 5 year contract. This girl is kicking butt and taking names. This all happened at 5:00PM today. I have to assume she checked with the City lawyers before taking this action, but as everyone knows, Flint has other problems besides the water pollution. So far she has shown a lot of class and backbone.
Progress Michigan Calls for Snyder Resignation In Light of New Emails - Progress Michigan
I heard yesterday that the petition to recall Snyder has over 700,000 signatures, this from a son-in-law that works at U of M in Ann Arbor. I have no firm opinion on that, as I am more concerned about some positive solutions than head hunting at this time. I am also heartened and deeply impressed with the people from all over the country, and even Canada, who are arranging convoys of water and donations to the cause, all free to Flint residents. Lets not forget that either.
I hope the current Mayor of Detroit runs for Governor next time. Mayor Mike Duggan doing a good job.
I think Dave Bing was a good Detroit mayor too, but his job was overwhelming as he took the reins at the time Kwame got caught stripping the city bare, together with family and cronies that made out as well as him. I can't tell you what a disappointment Kwame turned out to be after all the hopes placed in this bright young man. He was a charming thug. Bing gave it a mighty effort, but lost to an EM anyway. BTW, I have a granddaughter that lives in Detroit, and I can assure you there are still good neighborhoods and shopping and parks and entertainment there. Recovery is beginning even if there IS a long way to go. It's that first step on the journey of a thousand miles.

I think Dave Bing was a good Detroit mayor too, but his job was overwhelming as he took the reins at the time Kwame got caught stripping the city bare, together with family and cronies that made out as well as him. I can't tell you what a disappointment Kwame turned out to be after all the hopes placed in this bright young man. He was a charming thug. Bing gave it a mighty effort, but lost to an EM anyway. BTW, I have a granddaughter that lives in Detroit, and I can assure you there are still good neighborhoods and shopping and parks and entertainment there. Recovery is beginning even if there IS a long way to go. It's that first step on the journey of a thousand miles.
In 90% of Detroit Meijers Krogers Target Sears JC Penny and Target won't open up. Too dangerous and shoplifting. If you are referring to Downtown I hope they build it up and make it like Chicago. And clean up 50% of that 90%. Let the gangs have their 40% but contain it. Right now they have 90%.

Luckily they rarely come into the suburbs and commit murder. For now.

Forum List

Back