Devastating 7.9-magnitude quake strikes Nepal, India

Deadly Everest 7.9 earthquake kills 1,400 in Nepal...

Nepal quake: Nearly 1,400 dead, Everest shaken
25 Apr.`15 — Tens of thousands of people were spending the night in the open under a chilly and thunderous sky after a powerful earthquake devastated Nepal on Saturday, killing nearly 1,400, collapsing modern houses and ancient temples and triggering a landslide on Mount Everest. Officials warned the death toll would rise as more reports came in from far-flung areas.
Inspector Yuvraj Khadka of Nepal's national police force said that rescue effort was continuing through the night and the death toll had reached 1,394 people. The magnitude 7.8 earthquake, which originated outside the capital Kathmandu, was the worst tremor to hit the poor South Asian nation in over 80 years. It strong enough to be felt all across the northern part of neighboring India, Bangladesh, Tibet and Pakistan, where a total of 50 people died.

As Nepal trembled, residents fled homes and buildings in panic. Walls tumbled, trees swayed, power lines came crashing down and large cracks opened up on streets and walls. Clouds of dust began to swirl all around.

Within hours of the quake, hospitals had filled up with hundreds of injured people. With organized relief and rescue lacking, many survivors were brought to hospitals by friends and relatives in motorized rickshaws, flatbed trucks and cars. Residents used their bare hands, crowbars and other tools to dig through rubble and rescue survivors.

More than two dozen aftershocks jolted the area after the first quake, which struck just before noon. At the time, Shrish Vaidya, who runs an advertising agency, was in his two-story house outside the capital Kathmandu with his parents. "It is hard to describe. The house was shaking like crazy. We ran out and it seemed like the road was heaving up and down," Vaidya, 46, told The Associated Press. "I don't remember anything like this before. Even my parents can't remember anything this bad."

MORE
It could've just as easily been California.

it was only a 7.8. Not a big deal. Let me know when one strikes LA, then I'll be having a big USA party in my neighborhood to celebrate California going bye bye into the sea.

it was only a 7.8. Not a big deal. Let me know when one strikes LA, then I'll be having a big USA party in my neighborhood to celebrate California going bye bye into the sea.

You're a scumbag piece of shit, and your plea for attention has no place here. Fuck you, disrespectful whore.

You're a scumbag piece of shit, and your plea for attention has no place here. Fuck you, disrespectful whore.

Thank you for the attention. However, humans can't control natural disasters like these and mother nature. So... my view is poor people, but hey they chose to live there. It's like picking a line in walmart you chose a line and you hope its fast then someone takes out 100 coupons and you start bitching at them, when you should be bitching at yourself for picking that line.

Everybody learns their lesson.

Thank you for the attention. ...

Apparently YOU don't. Fuck off, scumbag. :fu:

What lesson? That mother nature is a nasty bitch? Common sense. Why should I learn what everybody already knows. Plus, people over there know that they are prone to major earth quakes due to the location on earths plates.

Why do you think I chose Ohio?

What lesson? ....

On how to be human, you worthless fuckhole. Your asshole comments are utterly inappropriate to the spirit of this thread. There are plenty of other threads for you to go be a piece of shit.

What lesson? ....

On how to be human, you worthless fuckhole. Your asshole comments are utterly inappropriate to the spirit of this thread. There are plenty of other threads for you to go be a piece of shit.

Your comments are worse than mine. So whatev...

More than 2200 have died, and a 6.7 aftershock has hit. China, along with India and US helping rescue efforts.

Two Americans were killed on Mt. Everest.

Nepal Earthquake: Dan Fredinburg, Tom Taplin Killed on Mount Everest

A Denver-born filmmaker and a Google engineer were among the 17 people killed in an avalanche on Mount Everest on Saturday.

from NBC

This is interesting, a week ago experts had gathered to ready for the earthquake, knowing it was coming-
Experts gathered in Nepal a week ago to ready for earthquake - The Times of India
Nepal's devastating earthquake was the disaster experts knew was coming.

Just a week ago, about 50 earthquake and social scientists from around the world came to Kathmandu, Nepal, to figure out how to get this poor, congested, overdeveloped, shoddily built area to prepare better for the big one, a repeat of the 1934 temblor that leveled this city. They knew they were racing the clock, but they didn't know when what they feared would strike

The official number of dead from Saturday’s earthquake in Nepal has touched 2,500 and may continue to rise as remote areas near the epicenter are searched.

Nepal authorities said Sunday that at least 2,430 people in that country had died in Nepal alone, not including the 18 people that the Nepal Mountaineering Association says died in an earthquake-triggered avalanche on Mount Everest. Another 61 people died from the quake in India and a few in other neighboring countries.

Stepping up relief and rescue operations in quake-hit Nepal, India today deployed over two dozen aircraft and choppers along with nearly 1000 trained personnel and said the situation in the Himalayan nation was “very, very serious”.

Nepal Earthquake Death toll crosses 2 500 India evacuates more than 1050 people The Indian Express

India launches Operation Maitri (Friendship)

9da31257-23fe-4b3f-810a-eafc32232534wallpaper1.jpg

Nepal quake India launches Operation Maitri airlifts many

Forum List

Back