Desperate CNN sinks even lower

Roudy

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2012
Good now if we can only get them shut down all together.

Wonder how much longer they have before they have to start with the mass firings. It looks like the moron running the network doesn't know that when you're in a hole, you stop digging!

“The network has repeatedly seen embarrassing viewership losses compared to 2017 …,” Justin Caruso pointed out. “During one week in August, the network dropped 23 percent during the day and 24 percent in primetime – compared to the same week last year.”

The double-digit drop in CNN’s primetime was also registered for the entire month of August, when its viewership came close to dipping below the 1 million mark.

“CNN continued to severely struggle with its ratings – experiencing a 12-percent drop in primetime viewers and a massive 15-percent drop in total day – [as] CNN’s primetime viewership reached just 1,052,000,” The Daily Caller noted. “Despite the addition of CNN’s touted Chris Cuomo Primetime program, the network still failed to crack the top five in primetime ratings …”

Besides its embarrassing descent in the ratings, CNN suffered even more humiliation recently, as it continues to be exposed for its inaccurate news coverage – apparently affirming Trump’s “fake news” assertion on a regular basis.

“This week, it was announced that reporter Jim Sciutto would begin co-hosting a morning program for the network – despite the fact that Sciutto had recently made serious errors and was a key figure in CNN’s ongoing fake news scandal over their misreporting of a story about Michael Cohen’s knowledge of a Trump Tower meeting with Russians,” Caruso recounted. “Jeffrey Toobin – an analyst for CNN – also humiliated the network further recently by falsely blaming Antifa violence on black Americans.”

Competitors rising over dipping CNN

The president’s consistent lashing out at CNN for disseminating its relentless anti-Trump coverage over the years appears to be bolstering the ratings of other news choices – particularly the conservative Fox News.

“Fox News was No. 1 across cable news, not just in total viewers (2.33 million), but also in the key demo, delivering 431,000 A25-54 viewers in prime time – more than MSNBC’s 373, 000 and CNN’s 354,000, per Nielsen live-plus-same-day data,” AdWeek’s A.J. Katz divulged. “Fox News was also was No. 1 in total day in the demo, with 268,000 to CNN’s 223,000 and MSNBC’s 207,000.”

Here’s a look at the Nielsen Ratings’ top-10 total-day viewership for basic cable presented by AdWeek:

1. Fox News (1,426,000)
  2. MSNBC (1,145,000)
  3. ESPN (1,023,000)
  4. Nickelodeon (833,000)
  5. CNN (789,000)
  6. HGTV (750,000)
  7. Investigation Discovery (706,000)
  8. Hallmark Channel (628,000)
  9. USA (590,000)
  10. History (554,000)

How embarrassing for a one time leader in cable news....they need to clean house....Little Robbie Mook should be the 2nd one to go just behind Acosta...

How embarrassing for a one time leader in cable news....they need to clean house....Little Robbie Mook should be the 2nd one to go just behind Acosta...
Rumors have it that if there's a shakeup, Acosta has a guaranteed job as as the guy that hands you napkins and offers cologne and a mint for a tip at the CNN men's toilet....ooops sorry, I meant gender nuetral toilet. :lmao:

Last edited:
By faking a "bomb threat" in order to gin up viewership for a failing news network in a ratings freefall, that keeps losing viewers because they have turned into a propaganda network for the Left. Nothing but a bunch of shameless dirtbags. Wonder what they will do next.

FACT CHECK: CNN and MSNBC in Ratings Freefall, Fox Soundly Beating Both Combined?

CNN Ratings Down 41 Percent from Last Year, Losing to Nickelodeon

CNN ratings dip 41% over yr., Fox News #1 for 35 straight wks.

This should be in the 'Media' sub forum.

Tell us about the fake bomb threat.

By faking a "bomb threat" in order to gin up viewership for a failing news network in a ratings freefall, that keeps losing viewers because they have turned into a propaganda network for the Left. Nothing but a bunch of shameless dirtbags. Wonder what they will do next.

FACT CHECK: CNN and MSNBC in Ratings Freefall, Fox Soundly Beating Both Combined?

CNN Ratings Down 41 Percent from Last Year, Losing to Nickelodeon

CNN ratings dip 41% over yr., Fox News #1 for 35 straight wks.

This should be in the 'Media' sub forum.

Tell us about the fake bomb threat.
Quit yer whining. Bomb threat is a current event.

CNN more and more doesn't even pretend to be objective. I used to watch it quite a bit, but they simply want to be another MSNBC.

CNN more and more doesn't even pretend to be objective. I used to watch it quite a bit, but they simply want to be another MSNBC.

MSNBC is far more honest in their news coverage than CNN. FAR more. I mean obviously they slant left, but at least they offer voice to moderate people. CNN doen't even bother anymore.

MSNBC is far more honest in their news coverage than CNN. FAR more. I mean obviously they slant left, but at least they offer voice to moderate people. CNN doen't even bother anymore.
Meh, CNN or MSNBC, two peas in a pod. Same Leftist propaganda shit, different channel with different morally bankrupt, lying talking heads.

Well, I mean c'mon.... even the most dedicated progressive loon has got to be getting bored with the 24 hr Trumphobia drum beating.

CNN is obviously following a plan, bad as it is for its ratings. Jeff Zucker took over the helm in 2012 and the programming has since continued to move more stridently left with an accompanying commensurate loss of viewers. Zuck and the rest of the suits see the ratings every day, several times a day, but instead of trying to fix things they continually double down instead, further compounding their losing situation.

You gotta at least give them credit for developing a plan and sticking to it I guess.

Forum List

Back