Depressed Economy: Smart People Spend Now, Save Later

That's not attacking Krugman, that's a fact. Krugman would also say Hayek is full of it. I was trying to point out that using the Nobel Prize as an appeal to authority is pointless because there are too many conflicting ideologies who have won the Nobel Prize.

And you seem to have a problem with so-called "ideologues," but Krugman is an ideologue as well. So if you really have a problem with "ideologues" then you shouldn't cite a Keynesian ideologue like Krugman. You shouldn't cite anyone because everyone has an ideology.

You are tying yourself in knots here. Step back and take a few deep breaths. Then reconsider what you have written. Then go here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/121927-the-anosognosic-s-dilemma-but-i-wore-the-juice.html

If I'm too stupid to realize that I'm being stupid, how could I know how I'm being stupid? I'd obviously need somebody as enlightened as yourself to point it out to me.

It is my opinion that pointing something like that out, would be useless. The experiments mentioned in the article and the links to it, prove this to be true.

It is my opinion that pointing something like that out, would be useless. The experiments mentioned in the article and the links to it, prove this to be true.
The "experiments" in that drivel are pure crap because you cannot turn back the clock and undo them, then move forward and compare the results.

Of course Krugman knows that he's preaching to an audience of leftist ideologues, like you, who will overlook that little triviality of the time-space continuum and logic.

You are tying yourself in knots here. Step back and take a few deep breaths. Then reconsider what you have written. Then go here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/121927-the-anosognosic-s-dilemma-but-i-wore-the-juice.html

If I'm too stupid to realize that I'm being stupid, how could I know how I'm being stupid? I'd obviously need somebody as enlightened as yourself to point it out to me.

You re-wrote a quote without removing the tag.

Infraction material right there...just sayin.

rewriting is not duplicating. there are posts that contain similar content with a few things added or deleted.

get a life you professional weirdo.

Oh ok, so the one's who are underemployed should be taking their tiny little bit of savings they managed to build up, and blowing it on...WHAT, exactly?

That is not what Krugman is talking about.

again, thank you for entering into an argument of your own making.

Dude, krugman is saying people need to stop saving and instead start spending.

I mentioned a specific scenario in which that would be foolish and ridiculous.

Krugman doesn't give a shit WHO spends, or how much they can afford if they do. He's alluding to the so-called "Paradox of thrift".

I got news for you, bro...

The one's who are financially comfortable are spending money.

The only ones who are pinching pennies and trying not to blow their money are the ones who don't have it to blow in the first place.

It's the hurting middle class right now that is trying to put cash away and deleverage.

The rich folks are enjoying the deflated prices within the marketplace and grabbing up what the peons can not.

rewriting is not duplicating. there are posts that contain similar content with a few things added or deleted.

When you re-write someone's quote, you're supposed to remove the link back to the original post.

You fucking dumbass.

Dev, I was wrong.

I thought you re-wrote Kevin's post. I read it wrong.

My mistake.

Oh ok, so the one's who are underemployed should be taking their tiny little bit of savings they managed to build up, and blowing it on...WHAT, exactly?

That is not what Krugman is talking about.

again, thank you for entering into an argument of your own making.

Dude, krugman is saying people need to stop saving and instead start spending.

I mentioned a specific scenario in which that would be foolish and ridiculous.

Krugman doesn't give a shit WHO spends, or how much they can afford if they do. He's alluding to the so-called "Paradox of thrift".

I got news for you, bro...

The one's who are financially comfortable are spending money.

The only ones who are pinching pennies and trying not to blow their money are the ones who don't have it to blow in the first place.

It's the hurting middle class right now that is trying to put cash away and deleverage.

The rich folks are enjoying the deflated prices within the marketplace and grabbing up what the peons can not.

Paulie, take the cracker cock out of your mouth and ass and pay attention:

Spend now, while the economy remains depressed; save later, once it has recovered. How hard is that to understand?

But if we need to raise taxes and cut spending eventually, shouldn’t we start now? No, we shouldn’t.

Right now, we have a severely depressed economy — and that depressed economy is inflicting long-run damage. Every year that goes by with extremely high unemployment increases the chance that many of the long-term unemployed will never come back to the work force, and become a permanent underclass. Every year that there are five times as many people seeking work as there are job openings means that hundreds of thousands of Americans graduating from school are denied the chance to get started on their working lives. And with each passing month we drift closer to a Japanese-style deflationary trap.

Penny-pinching at a time like this isn’t just cruel; it endangers the nation’s future. And it doesn’t even do much to reduce our future debt burden, because stinting on spending now threatens the economic recovery, and with it the hope for rising revenues.

So now is not the time for fiscal austerity.

clue: read slowly and try to comprehend what he is saying about government spending, taxes, policies, etc...

It'll come to you after a while. :eusa_whistle:

When you re-write someone's quote, you're supposed to remove the link back to the original post.

You fucking dumbass.

what in the world are ou talkin' bout Paulie? :eusa_whistle:

Anyone else remember Bush I telling everyone to buy on credit to boost the economy?
No...I remember him basically saying to get out of the bunker and carry out your normal economic activities.

But if you can dig up a time when he said to just go out and go into debt to fix the economy, that'd qualify him as an economic idiot too.

I do specifically recall it.
He also reduced withholding to put more money into circulation.
Of course with the cut spent come tax time.....

Dev, I was wrong.

My mistake.

You thought? Nope. You were hoping. You wanted to play your best hand: Rat muthfucka maude reporter. :lol:

It's okay Paulie. I grew up with your type. You're forgiven. It's an impulse control issue. I know. There's medicine for that, ya know?

You fucking dumbass.

what in the world are ou talkin' bout Paulie? :eusa_whistle:

Did you see my post above where I corrected myself?

Dev, I was wrong.

My mistake.

You thought? Nope. You were hoping. You wanted to play your best hand: Rat muthfucka maude reporter. :lol:

It's okay Paulie. I grew up with your type. You're forgiven. It's an impulse control issue. I know. There's medicine for that, ya know?

:lol:

What the fuck ever, dude.

It's not often someone around here is willing to openly admit a mistake.

You get one, and ruin the chance to be a fucking man and move on from it.

You have serious 'daddy didn't hug me enough' issues. Life must be tough when no one accepts you, huh?

A fucking neg rep AND a flame zone thread later, and you're still coming up waaaayyy short on self esteem.

Do you just need a hug, dev?

The sad thing is he have no idea what he's talking about. :(

----------------------

--------------

----

then Dude IN A PUBLIC POST told me you apologized for your mistake. Then the I started got deleted.

Saying somebody is full of shit, even by proxy, is still considered a personal attack.

Well then I must have just personally attacked Hayek as well, since I said Krugman would say he's full of it.

Do you acknowledge that Krugman is a Keynesian ideologue, or do you simply use the term ideologue to label those you disagree with?
The thread and the attacks were not about Hayek. They were about Krugman. Krugman can be described as a Keynesian economist. He may even be an ideologue. Most economists who make headlines are. But Krugman is also a columnist who gets attacked while his facts and opinions do not get debated.

Dude has addressed what Krugman said, and so have I. You're focusing on negative things Dude said about Krugman while ignoring the things he said about Krugman's assertions. If Krugman isn't an ideologue then nobody is an ideologue, and if you're going to dismiss some as ideologues then you need to dismiss all ideologues. Otherwise you're a hypocrite.

Forum List

Back