Denigrating the Beatles should be a bannable offense.

The Beatles made the biggest impact on the evolution of popular music of any band in history. You may like them or not, but their influence changed everything in music.

The quality of their song writing is excellent and their use of electronics was pioneering.

There's a reason why people like George Benson and Wes Montgomery played their music.

No way. Louis Prima was the Greatest Band Ever.
Sing Sing Sing

not even close

save up and buy a clue

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTzP7ecGQiw]Benny Goodman, Gene Krupa, Harry James, Lionel Hampton - YouTube[/ame]
My mother used to go to the Hub in Chicago to see Goodman; before my time. I can enjoy Patsy Cline, and Hank Williams (NOT Hank Williams, Jr., as my father would say) but from that group:

ELLA & DUKE AT THE COTE D'AZUR!

You just can't top THAT Baruch.

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.....my mommy.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
The Beatles made the biggest impact on the evolution of popular music of any band in history. You may like them or not, but their influence changed everything in music.

The quality of their song writing is excellent and their use of electronics was pioneering.

There's a reason why people like George Benson and Wes Montgomery played their music.
No joke Joe.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then there was icanhascheezburger...

funny-pictures-jealous-of-the-beatles-cats.jpg

credits

Influence is all fine and good, and album sales are awesome, but all these things just mean a whole lot of people liked the Beatles a whole lot. Britney Spears' comeback album broke sales records, too, but I'm willing to bet there aren't a lot of people on this post who'd tell me that Britney's one of the artistic greats of music history.

Anybody got any reason why they think the Beatles were -artistically- superior to other pop crap?

Influence is all fine and good, and album sales are awesome, but all these things just mean a whole lot of people liked the Beatles a whole lot. Britney Spears' comeback album broke sales records, too, but I'm willing to bet there aren't a lot of people on this post who'd tell me that Britney's one of the artistic greats of music history.

Anybody got any reason why they think the Beatles were -artistically- superior to other pop crap?

yes

yes

How persuasive. I'm convinced.

yes

How persuasive. I'm convinced.

i'm not surprised.

you seem weak minded

Sure I can.

They were artistically superior because their music reached a larger audience that other pop artists.

There really is no better benchmark for the value of art than its ability to reach and keep an audience.

It's like Duke Ellington explained about what makes music good:

If it sounds good, it is good.

when we say musical influence, we're not talking music professors debating, or immitaions sprouting up

we're talking the social influences that followed

certain atrists had that sort of clout

~S~

Forum List

Back