Dems to troll Trump speech, viewer discretion advised

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
House Democrats are seizing on President Donald Trump’s first major speech to Congress Tuesday as an opportunity to troll the new president in prime time.

Many of the same Democrats who boycotted Trump’s inauguration are choosing not to skip his first address to Congress as president, instead opting to bring guests directly affected by the administration’s controversial policies on immigration and refugees and Republican attempts to repeal Obamacare.

“It’s my hope that gallery is going to look like America,” said Rep. Jim Langevin (D-R.I.), who is leading an effort to have his colleagues bring diverse guests Tuesday and will be joined by Rhode Island Dr. Ehsun Mirza, a Muslim-American born in Pakistan. “It’s another reminder to the president that he’s not the arbiter of patriotism.”

House Democrats plan to troll Trump at big speech

oh, and I'm looking forward to more Trump promises he can never keep, like replacing the ACA with something "far better, more affordable", building a UUUUGE wall, something like 30 feet high I believe he said, bitchslap the Chinese big time, 'drain the swamp' (by flooding it).....ah yes, and jail Hillary! lol

Poor Trump. The Republicans aided and abetted putting a tv celebrity in the White House and the whole time he was running, they never told him what was involved in all the promises he was making. Like a kid at Toys R Us telling everyone what he wants; now his parents are taking out the wallet and saying no.

House Democrats are seizing on President Donald Trump’s first major speech to Congress Tuesday as an opportunity to troll the new president in prime time.

Many of the same Democrats who boycotted Trump’s inauguration are choosing not to skip his first address to Congress as president, instead opting to bring guests directly affected by the administration’s controversial policies on immigration and refugees and Republican attempts to repeal Obamacare.

“It’s my hope that gallery is going to look like America,” said Rep. Jim Langevin (D-R.I.), who is leading an effort to have his colleagues bring diverse guests Tuesday and will be joined by Rhode Island Dr. Ehsun Mirza, a Muslim-American born in Pakistan. “It’s another reminder to the president that he’s not the arbiter of patriotism.”

House Democrats plan to troll Trump at big speech

oh, and I'm looking forward to more Trump promises he can never keep, like replacing the ACA with something "far better, more affordable", building a UUUUGE wall, something like 30 feet high I believe he said, bitchslap the Chinese big time, 'drain the swamp' (by flooding it).....ah yes, and jail Hillary! lol

75457287.jpg

Poor Trump. The Republicans aided and abetted putting a tv celebrity in the White House and the whole time he was running, they never told him what was involved in all the promises he was making. Like a kid at Toys R Us telling everyone what he wants; now his parents are taking out the wallet and saying no.

he got over the hump by votes from abandoned rural middle class and working class whites, despite the actions of some never trump republicans.

I'd rather have a person try to do things I agree with and fail, than watch someone do things I detest and succeed.

Do these people think that "trolling" Trump will change any hearts & minds, or are they just playing to their base?

maybe a little of both but I believe stoking the DEM base pays better because the Rep base is already fired up, and have been for almost 2 yrs

Forum List

Back